Terrain not drivable

Since my BTB Pro demo waved goodbye I'm back with dear EVO and besides loosing tracks ( the xml file goes walk-about while I'm working on the track) several times and I can't save them, the next annoying thing is that I am unable to get the terrain textures, I made, to be driven on. Either the cars fall right through or sink up to the axle once they leave the road.I select all properties in materials. The lasso terrain select doesnt select either but at least I can select single select and shift.I really have not been able to get passed the basics!

I know it is too late but...For any other user whit this problem u need to;
1.go to Edit materials /5th icon
2.choose that grass/road texture when window opens(sometimes it takes long!SO WAIT!)
3.in material name choose grass or roada
4.in Racer Surface choose road or gras and klick OK and wait!

If u EVER get any error while working DON`T save!Press quit and start again or you can loose everything you done!
Save as much as you can while working!
Contact me if you have any problems!

Thanks for your input dany080. Since I wrote the question i have been a more careful about saving, deleting etc especially at 2 in the morn.
So far so good. It seems to me that if you want to change an object, material etc in EVO you have to do it by saving it from xpacker to EVO under a new file name otherwise the original material always shows in EVO. You follow so far? Also if you delete a file while it is being used on EVO, even though EVO is not open, it will bring an error report when you try and open the track with the said material in it. Just have to get use to its little ways!
As for the cars sinking into terrain or sticking on the track, EVO only seems to agree with using road - roada (tarmac) and grass which is to bumpy. Grvl becomes a gravl trap and you soon over heat engine and catch fire if you try and use it as a road surface. But you can apply a gravel texture to the track and edit materials as roada to drive on. This acts and sounds like tarmac though. So i went into the track file in GTL, opened up the tdf file and put the settings for the Gravel under all the road surface settings. this changes the resistance between the car and the surface and the ride height etc.Resaved the file and thought I had solved, if not conquered the problem.But no. The car drives as if on tarmac. Since then I decided to leave it, as is, for somebody else to come up with another solution and made a few trees instead.

EDIT:Ok,i was to tired couple hours ago-_-
Had a 2 hours sleep and started to read again...
Then i realised that you talk about GTL and i talk about rF...I dont have GTL and i dont know if it is the same as rF whit files...
I also realised that you did what i wrote you to try...SRY on this!
If i have time i will buy GTL and i will try to see how it goes,but that could be in a week or two because i have some privat things to deal whit:/
About "Laso select" tool:left klick and make a cirlce around the terrain area you want to choose(like when you select terrain anchors whit "Move Anchors" toll in shape part!)

ORIGINAL:
Ok,you wrote bunch of stuff here lol.
I have a pro edition,dont know what is different.I bought it even whitout using trial stuff cause a friend told me about it,showed me and i loved it!Easy to use,no need for coding etc..
But i didnt use it from 0.6 i think?
About your problems,dont know if it is the same in PRO as in EVO,but we can try...
First,did you try to duplicate material?Press + at top left corner.It saves it under different name like "Tarmac001_02".Change it every time you work on a track whitout deleting original one,OR you can start a new track,whitout adding anything on it,only make a small part of road so you can acces materials and then export that track whit that material only(DONT HIDE UNUSED MATERIALS)!Then go to track folder you made,(exported)find material you made and make new Xpack!Or try and replace the one that you try to delete?
About gravel...Try and put material grvl and surface gravel.Or Change material name to grvlmadebyebrich or something,but always leave grvl,roada,gras etc in front and check the box to keep the name so it can be recognized and press ok.
If you keep roada as material and change texture to gravel,opent track folder and open .tdf!
You will see the part where it says:

[TRACKVARS]
RoadDryGrip=1.00
RoadWetGrip=0.80

// Smooth oval track (this feedback is first so terrains pick up this material match first)
[FEEDBACK]

There you can replace everything whit this:
// Gravel
[FEEDBACK]

Now it should be like this:

[TRACKVARS]
RoadDryGrip=0.75
RoadWetGrip=0.45

And replace all parts from road part whit gravel,and i mean ALL!Even sound=gravel ...Save file.But every time you export you will need to do it again.Or save it,copy somewhere and just replace every time you export.

Atleast i think it should work like this.But i only supose,im not good at coding,programing and any kind of modifications etc lol.
I use trial and error method...
Hope it will help!

Ok,i tried to make it in rfactor and it worked for me...
I used tarmac texture,duplicated it(same whit gravel texture!) and selected roada and road as material and surface...Didnt do anythig else!
Then i changed this in tdf!(You can try to copy paste if it is the same in GTL?)

[TRACKVARS]
RoadDryGrip=0.75
RoadWetGrip=0.60
RoadmetalGrip=0.80
RoadDustGrip=0.90
RoadBumpAmp=0.010
RoadBumpLen=13.0
RumbleDryGrip=0.95
RumbleWetGrip=0.60
RumbleBumpAmp=0.015
RumbleBumpLen=10.0
MiscBumpAmp=0.08
MiscBumpLen=4.0

////////////////////////////////////////////////////ROADS////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

// Smooth oval track (this feedback is first so terrains pick up this material match first)
[FEEDBACK]
Dry=RoadDryGrip Wet=RoadWetGrip Resistance=5000.0 BumpAmp=0.022 BumpWavelen=RoadBumpLen Legal=false Spring=0.0 Damper=0.0 CollFrict=0.8 Sparks=0 Scraping=0 Sink=0.017 Sound=gravel
Reaction=dust Tex=Dustroad.tga Max=128 Scale=(1.0,1.0,1.0) Growth=(4.0,3.0,2.0) ASDEnvelope=(2.0,0.2,3.5) DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
Reaction=softskid Tex=skidbrown.tga Max=1024 Pixel=NoReduceDetail Particle=Plane+Deformable+SingleSided DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
//Reaction=wetskid Tex=skidwet.tga Max=1024 Duration=0.40 Pixel=NoReduceDetail Particle=Plane+Deformable+SingleSided DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
//Reaction=dust Tex=dustroad.tga Max=128 Scale=(0.5,0.5,0.5) Growth=(0.8,0.8,0.8) GrowthVel=(0.08,0.09,0.30) Power=0.41 RampSpeed=80.0 OffsetVel=0.10 ASDEnvelope=(2.0,0.2,3.5) DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
Materials=roada,roadb,rdaxroa

// Roads
[FEEDBACK]
Dry=RoadDryGrip Wet=RoadWetGrip Resistance=5000.0 BumpAmp=0.022 BumpWavelen=RoadBumpLen Legal=false Spring=0.0 Damper=0.0 CollFrict=0.8 Sparks=0 Scraping=0 Sink=0.017 Sound=gravel
Reaction=dust Tex=Dustroad.tga Max=128 Scale=(1.0,1.0,1.0) Growth=(4.0,3.0,2.0) ASDEnvelope=(2.0,0.2,3.5) DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
Reaction=softskid Tex=skidbrown.tga Max=1024 Pixel=NoReduceDetail Particle=Plane+Deformable+SingleSided DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
//Reaction=wetskid Tex=skidwet.tga Max=1024 Duration=0.40 Pixel=NoReduceDetail Particle=Plane+Deformable+SingleSided DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
//Reaction=dust Tex=dustroad.tga Max=128 Scale=(0.5,0.5,0.5) Growth=(0.8,0.8,0.8) GrowthVel=(0.08,0.09,0.30) Power=0.41 RampSpeed=80.0 OffsetVel=0.10 ASDEnvelope=(2.0,0.2,3.5) DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
Materials=road

It was funny to see so much dust on tarmac lol,and brown marksXD
You will see that i have added "Sink=0.017" in second row!That ?parametar?(my english sucks lol) was not under road!But it works fine :D
So if it works you can play whit numbers a bit more.No need to close GTL,just exit race and enter again when you finish editing!(If it works as rF:S)
Hope it helped!

Well dany080 your really putting in overtime with this . thanks a lot. Have just gone over everything again and double-checked it before and after trying on GTL. You would really think that changing the code settings for a surface would have some payback. but no I still get texture 'gravel' with sound and ride 'tarmac'.Not a hint of dust even. If you get a chance to try this on GTL I will be very interested in the result. And thanks again. Thinks I shall have to get PRO and use my track on RBR instead. Trouble is I enjoy beating the big old grumbling V8's with a mini cooper - or at least trying.

Sry it didnt help...Il buy GTL in a few days then i will try.But i also need EVO then XD We will see what will happen!
Yea,one more thing.Take your project from BTB folder, zip it whit 7zip or winrar and upload it somwhere.Il download it and try to fix that in pro and i will upload back so you can try!:S

Here's a link to a track I use for trying out stuff. I can't believe changing the settings in the tdf file does nothing. Interesting if we can find the back door. Any idea if there could be other settings which could affect this, like tyres. I looked through the GTL files pretty thoroughly last night but couldn't find any thing of interest that I was able to open!! http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5549976/My Oval.zip

I am working on it.I got some errors so i am tryng to fix that first...Sry cause it takes so long:s Private things take me lots of time so i have just few hours to manage all other things lol.I will write again in couple of hours!Also check Killklimb section.It is my track i am working on.It has changed a bit since last vid.Il upload it later but no one is interested in it i guess:/

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%