Terrain and Far scenery

Hi guys! My name is Luca and I'm writing from Italy.
I'm in trouble to realize the ground mesh and the terrain for a special track of the Italian Rally 2014. I traced the path with a gps about every 5-10 meters with attached more than 6 satellites. I think it's a good elevation data to start. Maybe I can try to smooth the track with 3D Route Builder if it's necessary.
So ... now I want to know if there is a short way to conform the real terrain and the far scenery of the location around the track. Until now I only imported the .kml in BTB. I'm also new user in 3DSmax and blender ... so if it's needed to make a good and quick job PLEASE let me know how ... step by step if it's possible or in alternative ... where I can find a guide for dummies? Thank you in advance.
Luca

PS: sorry for my bad english

Hi Luca. Could you expand (explain) on " conform the real terrain and the far scenery of the location around the track." I think the translation lost the meaning.

Closest I got was "make the terrain, from Google Earth, look realistic with the horizon. The horizon being made separately?

A picture is always useful.

Hi Ebrich.
Yes. It's true. I attach 2 pictures of the track I want to realize. All of them has been captured from GE.

Attachments

• PS Matajur 2.jpg
    PS Matajur 2.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 390
  • PS Matajur.jpg
    PS Matajur.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 397
Ummmm. That looks interesting! Could you give me the Google path file so I can see for myself exactly what you need?

Looks like you would be best with a wall texture surrounding the terrain so you don't have lots of unnecessary terrain meshes.

Ummmm. That looks interesting! Could you give me the Google path file so I can see for myself exactly what you need?

Looks like you would be best with a wall texture surrounding the terrain so you don't have lots of unnecessary terrain meshes.

Hi ebrich,
I share with you the *.kml http://www.mediafire.com/view/8kw43d89hah4bea/PS_Draft_0.kml.
What I mean is to create a most realistic track over this .kml. I don't know how to realize quickly the 3D model of the terrain (if it's necessary). If I understand something, the first step is to create a 3d from sketchup or a 3D from a DEM or highmap in 3DSmax? If there are other way like zaxxon method (that I tried in past with bad altitude results) or blender please let me know.
Thank you

Thanks for the file. I will take a good look at it and get back to you.

I've used Sketchup and Blender and Zaxxon and Blender but not 3DSmax.
This is the one I'm working on at the moment

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/undefined/
hey, how did you manage to get the backround pic and road to come togeather? when i place the backround pic in it is under the road by loads. and i cant get it to come up with the road! i created the road with 3droute builder so that is has al lthe correct hills etc... thanks

hi scoobywrxfan555 west country young-un. Which version of BTB are you using?

In EVO you can't use a Google earth image as a terrain texture (without going through 3DSmax or Blender) as you can in PRO, which uses it as part of a blended mix terrain texture.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 282 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 410 39.9%