GT Sport Ten New Cars and Fuji Speedway Added in New GT Sport Update

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
GT Sport Update 1.jpg GT Sport Update 2.jpg GT Sport Update 4.jpg GT Sport Update 6.jpg GT Sport Update 7.jpg GT Sport Update 8.jpg
Gran Turismo Sport has been updated to build 1.28 today, adding new cars, a track and several features and events.

The new update, released earlier today for PlayStation 4, comes with multiple new pieces of content in the form of a nice cross section of road and race cars from various decades, the highlight of which could well be the first appearance of a 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 in the Gran Turismo franchise.. yet another pleasing inclusion of the once reluctant German brand in sim racing circles.

As well as new cars and events, the September update for GT Sport also contains a return of Fuji Speedway - the popular Japanese circuit returning to the franchise today and is sure to rapidly become a firm favourite for players of the title.

New 'GT League' Events:
  • The Passion of Dr. Wankel (Beginner League) - This special event features popular cars powered by rotary engines, also known as the Wankel, named after its creator.
  • Real Circuit Tours (Amateur League) - This race race series features non-racecars with 400ps or less on existing real world circuits.
  • Group 1 Cup (Professional League) - The Group 1 Champion match is a high-speed battle with cars equipped with cutting edge technology and aerodynamics.
In addition, new Rounds have been added to the following events:
  • Stars & Stripes (Beginner's League)
  • J Sport Meeting (Amateur League)
  • Mercedes AMG Grand Prix (Professional League)
  • Gr.3 Endurance Series (Endurance League)

GT Sport Update 9.jpg

Full GT Sport September Update Car List:
  • Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 Carrozzata da Zagato CN.AR750106 1965
  • BMW M3 GT BMW Motorsport 2011
  • Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe 2006
  • Gran Turismo Racing Kart 125 Shifter
  • Honda NSX Type R 1992
  • Mazda RX500 1970
  • Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX Twin Turbo 2 Seater 1989
  • Plymouth XNR Ghia Roadster 1960
  • Porsche 911 GT3 (997) 2008
  • Porsche 911 GT3 (996) 2001

GT Sport Update 14.jpg
GT Sport Update 12.jpg
GT Sport Update 11.jpg

GT Sport is available exclusively for Sony PlayStation 4.

Check out the Grand Turismo sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news from the hugely popular PlayStation 4 racing series.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Do you like the new GT Sport update? Which is your favourite car from the latest content deployment? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Man if only a sim would get graphics as GT Sport....
Too bad GTS graphics are this amazing mostly in replay mode so stuff can be added then, while playing it doesn't have the same quality but it's still great. I guess not having time progress help a lot to make things look better
Still nice that they get this running on a PS4 while people may add a bilion 1080ti and wont get even close in current sims come on

Man if only a sim would get graphics as GT Sport....
Too bad GTS graphics are this amazing mostly in replay mode so stuff can be added then, while playing it doesn't have the same quality but it's still great. I guess not having time progress help a lot to make things look better
Still nice that they get this running on a PS4 while people may add a bilion 1080ti and wont get even close in current sims come on
I'd say graphical wise it's pretty much the same in race and replay mode, the only thing added in replay mode is motion blur, and if you own a PS4 Pro with 60 FPS replay, it doesn't make much difference because motion blur is barely visible in such high frame rate.

they certainly have some proper up to date tech / shaders in there! on PC , it would look awesome

but yeah, let's not forget that everything is baked! nothing is dynamic, that makes it quite a bit easier to cheat great looking visuals with pre-baked lighting

doesn't really take away from the fact it looks great! and I think driving is good too !
definitely is not as forgiving as some old GT games

I'm currently trying to get GOLD on Nordschleife, and man, it's so easy to lose time when you do have proper line, road angles affect grip, weight transfer .. it's all there !!

I'd say graphical wise it's pretty much the same in race and replay mode, the only thing added in replay mode is motion blur, and if you own a PS4 Pro with 60 FPS replay, it doesn't make much difference because motion blur is barely visible in such high frame rate.
I've got also a PS4 Pro and sorry..... but when you play the game it is not of the same quality as in replay .
Not saying that it is bad hell I've played grand Prix Legends in the past .

Man!!! those graphics! I hope Assetto Corsa II will look like that :cool:
I definitely agree, but how far can they take graphics and still not upgrade your computer every year to keep up with the demand on the CPU and GPU as well some amount of memory. 2 gb GPU's even 4 gb cards are going to find it difficult to keep up with the demand of ACC when it's complete in a full race..................Unless you're talking about ACC in console life form, if that's the case.............never mind. ;):);)

I definitely agree, but how far can they take graphics and still not upgrade your computer every year to keep up with the demand on the CPU and GPU as well some amount of memory. 2 gb GPU's even 4 gb cards are going to find it difficult to keep up with the demand of ACC when it's complete in a full race..................Unless you're talking about ACC in console life form, if that's the case.............never mind. ;):);)
Console :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: Seriously no please. Be patient, next generation graphics will probably be more optimised

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 273 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 399 40.0%