• Guest, RaceDepartment is now on Discord!  Join Here

templates for making my own livery and the recomended programs to make them

Jan 29, 2017
so i tried to ask this on the normal codemasters forums and i was told to come here, so i am just wondering how i go about this as i want to do something similar to what Aarava did on his youtube series where he made his own livery for the car as i feel like i want to do that for my 3rd season of my team that i am doing on my twitch stream

TheseusF1

25RPM
Premium
Jul 12, 2020
That was me from the Codemasters site that told you to come here if interested in mods. I’m new to this as well and you can start with this video it might help.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike B
Jan 29, 2017
i have only paint.net as the main software i do, so would this still work for it and cheers for being the one who told me to come here

TheseusF1

25RPM
Premium
Jul 12, 2020
Not sure about paint.net but there’s some really helpful people here and lots of great info so just keep asking questions and digging around.

Airwane

1RPM
Jul 31, 2020
i try to make them myself but from importing the files to the game I'm getting wrong not sure if its because I had some custom-made livery before! so I just design them and pay someone to make it happen as I can't get it to work proprely in game

Sep 26, 2018
I've had similar and spent a few days now tinkering myself to get things right. This year is the first year I've done so myself, and its been a steep learning curve for sure, especially when most of the guides I find glossing over the detail that is actually key. Given how much time I've sunk, I'm loading a few videos of idiots guides to modding that will include liveries and race gear as well.

I too watch a fair few of the more well known content creators and their custom liveries, and this spurred me to give it a go despite being anything more than amateur idiot.

Also, not sure if paint.net works, but you can get photoshop on a 7 day trial and cancel for free and this will work. I did that and have used it so much that I've just subbed to it for now.

Playlist guide is here -

Rikadin's Idiot's guide to modding F1 2020