Templates and Painting Instructions

Sry I don't know how to create the alpha layer? Yes I saw someone posted instuctions for it but I didn't get it.

Fine, I won't be changing the skin because no one can't help. After all, doesn't the shinyness matter that much?

There is actually no problem, Pedro just commented that the skin is too shiny. I agree due to the fact the skin has no alpha layer. But I also agree that it's ok. Better shiny than dirty ;)

Yeah, it isn't a big problem but I think your skin would look better with an alpha-channel in mid-dark grey (to dont be so shinny).

Check this link: http://www.5min.com/Video/How-to-Create-Alpha-Channel-in-Adobe-Photoshop-CS3-86624923
You would just need to add an Alpha Channel in the Channels list in photoshop (in case you dont have one already) and then with the alpha channel selected, you paint it with a mid-dark grey. The darker the grey the less shinny, the lighter the grey more shinny.
Your current alpha channel is like white, which means shinny at its max level. :p

Maybe this can help you. ;)

Erm the skin seems to get colored slightly with red, is the alpha channel supposed to be hidden?

What should I do if I have zero experience modding (painting) cars in rFactor? I downloaded one of the templates, but I don't really have an idea of what I'm doing once I get it into Gimp.

No tutorials anywhere?

Yeah, the original modders created the suits for the drivers, but no templates. Thus it is impossible to have templates for suits.

That`s true, but first they had to make a template, even it was a flat one, otherwise how they made the whole suit sets. I don`t think they made separately one by one from the scratch. I don`t need layers, just a plain one.

Hallo,
I have been working during hours to finally complete some car designs. All is new for me, but fortunately I succeedeed.

However, I generated some files which have 5MB instead 2MB. I suspect that this will be a problem and it is because I don't know how to do this: "1.3- Keep the original file resolution (from the ingame files)".

As I started from PSD templates, Could you give me a suggestion on how I can control de output resolution of the files?

Thank you in advance.

P.D.: I used DXT5 (Interpolated alpha) but there is an alternative option DXT5_NM (?)

When you are done with your work, before you save to dds, you have to resize the image. The original template size is at 2048x2048, but you have to reduce your work to 1024x1024 which are accepted to be used ingame. When you save your work at 1024x1024 than the image size will be around 1.3mb.

So basically that`s it. Hope you manage the thing.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back