Temp issues, or OS issues?

Herro guys,

Had my computer for a few months now, running Win7RC and it been good. I get the occasional bluescreen when playing games like GTA4 (texture hungry games, so my first thought is GPU issue).

But yeah, I was thinking temperature issues, because, running it at 3.6ghz for a while now, the CPU temps can range from 35-45 on idle (they went to 45 today, have no idea why, like 5 degrees hotter than normal) and GPU between 45-50 on idle. When running a game, they can go at most 10 degrees higher. Are these normal? And should I be worries about the odd bluescreen?

Anyway, the real point of this thread is Win7 optimisation: could it be the cause of the system instability? I say this because my father's work laptop is running Win7 and he just got a random bluescreen the other day. Was only running IE and it just seized up on him.

Thanks for reading.

Oops, my bad.
i7 920 D0 @ 3.6ghz (180x20)
6GB RAM
HD4890 2gb
750w PSU

I made a mistake with the temps. The program I was using is innacurate. I used a different program and tested with Unreal Tournament 3. Idle the temps are actually averaging 55 degrees and load they were 60 degrees I think.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back