• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured Tell Us Your Favourite Le Mans Moment

Discussion in 'Motorsports' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jun 9, 2019.

1. bsmooth

bsmooth

Ratings:
    +85
    Having had a few rotary powered beasties, it was 1991, and the last chance for a Rotary to win Lemans.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cheesenium

Cheesenium

Ratings:
    +47
    The moment when the Porsche 919 made its pass of the leading Jackie Chan DC Oreca 07.

That moment showed the unrelenting persistence of Porsche in catching up, even after a lengthy repair. It was exciting to see the Porsche moving up the standings slowly for 20 or so hours.

3. Pitr

Pitr

Ratings:
    +14
    I`m generaly bored by watching anything and not doing it so....ridding along side Lemans 2018 in Corvete...and 2017 in Porshe.... this year LMP1 but I can`t decide between Porshe and Audi :D

It`s my favorite race ever, set timer for 2-4 hours, manual everything, 12x-6x time speed and I`m good :D

4. LagunaSeca

LagunaSeca

Ratings:
    +6
    When I found the leman 2017 track mod for AC at this website.:roflmao:

5. Brice.S.

Brice.S.

Ratings:
    +179
    lol, yes ! that's it (don't know why I wrote magnussen, seems I'm very tired ;) )
    ...and, don't worry it happens so often to just watch elsewhere when something happens ... I remember lots of time (before internet, when there were no sreens on tracks), we just look aside, and then, have to buy all papers to see what happened :(
    @++

6. BrunoB

BrunoB

Ratings:
    +107
    @brice :thumbsup:
    Maybe you mentioned (Jan) Magnussen because one of McNish´s codrivers that year was Magnussens countryman the 10 times LeMans winner Tom Kristensen.
    Hehe I saw an interview with Kristensen afterwards and because he didnt even had a chance to get into the car that year he was almost crying by disappointment.:sleep:
    My guess is that Kristensens and McNish´s longtime friendship had a rough time shortly afterwards.:laugh:

• Haha Haha x 1
  7. ZeroRisk

ZeroRisk
    Pro racing driver for hire! (according to ACC) Premium

Ratings:
    +762
    Best moment for me was finally getting to go for the first time in 2013
    We arrived late so missed the start as only got notification that I had won some office hospitality tickets on the Thursday afternoon of the event.
    Things were in full swing but we had only missed the first half an hour or so.
    Coming in to the circuit and passing by the dunlop bridge I witnessed an LMP1 car coming up towards the Crest and it was simply jaw dropping the speed and grip on display.

Any other time would be drinking wine and eating cheese and ham baguettes at home with the family, falling asleep, waking up and it's still on. Magical

• Like Like x 2
  8. aka2k

aka2k

Ratings:
    +174
    Steve McQueen. Enough said.

9. 2112

Ratings:
    +97
    2017. Not much of a Toyota fan. I fell asleep during the afternoon (West Coast US) and was woken by my daughter exclaiming in disbelief after the second Toyota went out. She then proceeded to catch me up on the goings on while I was asleep.

Late in my night I went to bed thinking that Porsche had it wrapped up. Which they did. Just the #2 car had to come back from 5 laps down to win the thing.

Then the GTE-Pro race...

While I was rooting for Corvette one cannot deny the thrill of that ending.

10. BrunoB

BrunoB

Ratings:
    +107
    I fully agree.:thumbsup:
    Steve McQueen in Great Escape was one of his best roles.
    steve mcqueen great escape.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. aka2k

aka2k

Ratings:
    +174
    Yup, and "Le Mans" is probably the best car movie ever. :)

12. BrunoB

BrunoB

Ratings:
    +107
  13. fernandodasilva

fernandodasilva

Ratings:
    +0
    2014: the Dane Train winning GTE Am
    2016: until my very last moment i won't believe what happened in the end

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.