Tell Us Your Favourite Le Mans Moment

Having had a few rotary powered beasties, it was 1991, and the last chance for a Rotary to win Lemans.
48052902868_763b52a8bc_z.jpg

The moment when the Porsche 919 made its pass of the leading Jackie Chan DC Oreca 07.

That moment showed the unrelenting persistence of Porsche in catching up, even after a lengthy repair. It was exciting to see the Porsche moving up the standings slowly for 20 or so hours.

I`m generaly bored by watching anything and not doing it so....ridding along side Lemans 2018 in Corvete...and 2017 in Porshe.... this year LMP1 but I can`t decide between Porshe and Audi :D

It`s my favorite race ever, set timer for 2-4 hours, manual everything, 12x-6x time speed and I`m good :D

• Deleted member 205301

Hey @brice you dont mean 2011 with the McNish crash
By coincident I watched it from about 100m distance.
I was watching something else I saw it first when the car was allready "demolishen derbyed".

View attachment 310078

lol, yes ! that's it (don't know why I wrote magnussen, seems I'm very tired ;) )
...and, don't worry it happens so often to just watch elsewhere when something happens ... I remember lots of time (before internet, when there were no sreens on tracks), we just look aside, and then, have to buy all papers to see what happened :(
@++

lol, yes ! that's it (don't know why I wrote magnussen, seems I'm very tired ;)
@brice :thumbsup:
Maybe you mentioned (Jan) Magnussen because one of McNish´s codrivers that year was Magnussens countryman the 10 times LeMans winner Tom Kristensen.
Hehe I saw an interview with Kristensen afterwards and because he didnt even had a chance to get into the car that year he was almost crying by disappointment.:sleep:
My guess is that Kristensens and McNish´s longtime friendship had a rough time shortly afterwards.:laugh:

Best moment for me was finally getting to go for the first time in 2013
We arrived late so missed the start as only got notification that I had won some office hospitality tickets on the Thursday afternoon of the event.
Things were in full swing but we had only missed the first half an hour or so.
Coming in to the circuit and passing by the dunlop bridge I witnessed an LMP1 car coming up towards the Crest and it was simply jaw dropping the speed and grip on display.

Any other time would be drinking wine and eating cheese and ham baguettes at home with the family, falling asleep, waking up and it's still on. Magical

2017. Not much of a Toyota fan. I fell asleep during the afternoon (West Coast US) and was woken by my daughter exclaiming in disbelief after the second Toyota went out. She then proceeded to catch me up on the goings on while I was asleep.

Late in my night I went to bed thinking that Porsche had it wrapped up. Which they did. Just the #2 car had to come back from 5 laps down to win the thing.

Then the GTE-Pro race...

While I was rooting for Corvette one cannot deny the thrill of that ending.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 425 16.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 285 11.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 279 11.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 192 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 325 12.8%