"Teleport to pits" never works for me - any ideas?

Any server I play on I noticed users crashing their cars and teleporting to pits instantly even when car was still spinning. In my case I can never do this and need to perform full stop before exiting back to pits. I know there are dedicated buttons (CTRL+something as default) in settings and server also states in description something like "jump start = teleport to pits" but even using those key combinations it doesnt work for me.
doing something wrong or I am I missing something? Using CM and CSP.

Personally ... the opportunity I chose to be quickly teleported to pits is in CM

In Settings/Assetto Corsa/Controls/System .... I assigned a wheel button for Setup in Pits ( 7th option in the RACE paragraph ).

This brings me automatically back to pits ..... for sure in Practice and Qualify sessions ( not sure 100% it cannot be used in Race as I never use it in this case. ;) )

Personally ... the opportunity I chose to be quickly teleported to pits is in CM

In Settings/Assetto Corsa/Controls/System .... I assigned a wheel button for Setup in Pits ( 7th option in the RACE paragraph ).

This brings me automatically back to pits ..... for sure in Practice and Qualify sessions ( not sure 100% it cannot be used in Race as I never use it in this case. ;) )

Yes, thats exactly what I was talking about - I assign combination key or button in CM and in theory it should work - however never has. Need to test in single mode maybe, somethings weird...
and yes I only play in Q or P, never actual proper race.

An idea ! .... not sure now that I did so ... but I wonder if making those keyboard shortcuts might not simply be done with .... wheel not connected.

Else said
- first be sure to have your wheel preset saved in CM
- with wheel not connected load this preset
- use keyboard to add those shortcuts
- save this preset with them added.

Next time with wheel connected those keyboard shortcuts might now appear.

Not 100% sure but that's maybe why it worked for me.
And as they were surely done that way, I might use one of those keyboard shorcuts ( exit session or server ) to operate it on my Stream Deck in place of the wheel ( after 2 bad experiences going out of an online session by mistake :D )

Not 100% sure but that's maybe why it worked for me.
And as they were surely done that way, I might use one of those keyboard shorcuts ( exit session or server ) to operate it on my Stream Deck in place of the wheel ( after 2 bad experiences going out of an online session by mistake :D )

it doesnt work for me, odd thing also is most kb shortcuts DOES work for me, like ABS/TC control, brake bias or turbo - no issues. Also chat and shortcuts etc etc.
its just this section with teleport to pits is not...

Maybe because its CM specific (as per * in description) where others are stock Kunos commands, not sure.

anyway - not a problem as you can set combos on wheel so you have a lot of permutations of combos so you wiont run out of the buttons :)

No matter what I do I cannot bind a keyboard button to teleport me back to pits. Was working perfectly until yesterday? It has always been an instantaneous return to pits regardless of having a button set on the wheel or ctrl+assigned button(for me has always been spacebar) on keyboard ? Now it will not work whatsoever.

In fact, I noticed something yesterday:
First time I used Simhub with AC .... the command for return to pits didn't work any longer and same for 2 or 3 CM made assignments.
Once Simhub stopped and using Sidekick again as usual ... that still worked after reloading my wheel settings in CM.

Should you use Simhub ? or maybe another tool or did you change or add something to your PC for driving AC ?
I'd guess that's a problem due to some external tool or software ... now I encountered this problem too and found its cause without still understanding its reason. :D

I had this issue today (shortcut for back-to-pits worked on wheel but not keyboard via streamdeck shortcut) and I fixed it by installing the python app suggested at the bottom of the system keybinds menu: https://labs.assettocorsa.jp/downloads/addon/addshortcutkey

I installed that, activated it in the apps menu, and then the shortcuts started working. I think this is because the wheel buttons, being a game controller, work whether or not the window in question has focus, but keyboard shortcuts don't. Those bindings require CM to have focus in order to work, and this python app enables that to happen.

Now if I could just figure out why ERS keybinds on the same page don't work, even when bound to my wheel. They're stuck on CTRL-1 to 4.

Last edited:
i Had the same issue for TOO LONG but thank God I found the solution guys
install this mod in content manager and activate it in the apps tab and you are done teleport to pits is Ctrl+B
just read the description it contains the details.
I actually found the solution aswell without using extra mods, but still cant explain why it happened. Every so often when teleport to pits stop working, i just re-map the buttons on steering wheel (to the same combination) and it start working immediately. It seem to "loose" this ability arfter I change settings in CM or fiddle with controller setups, but remapping the keys have always worked since so i never worried to find proper fix.

does anybody know why my teleport to pits button changed from a press to a hold without me changing any buttons. One day I tried to go back to pits using the start button on my Logitech g920 just to find out that it now wants me to hold it for around 2 seconds instead of just needing me to press it once. every time that I'm about to crash while drifting I end up trying to go back to pits but by the time that I hold the button for the required time I have already made everyone else crash. I don't want to use my keyboard so if anyone knows how to make my wheels start button go back to just a quick press instead of a hold that would be much appreciated.

does anybody know why my teleport to pits button changed from a press to a hold without me changing any buttons. One day I tried to go back to pits using the start button on my Logitech g920 just to find out that it now wants me to hold it for around 2 seconds instead of just needing me to press it once. every time that I'm about to crash while drifting I end up trying to go back to pits but by the time that I hold the button for the required time I have already made everyone else crash. I don't want to use my keyboard so if anyone knows how to make my wheels start button go back to just a quick press instead of a hold that would be much appreciated.
Maybe you have the same issue as user here, try his solution?

Any server I play on I noticed users crashing their cars and teleporting to pits instantly even when car was still spinning. In my case I can never do this and need to perform full stop before exiting back to pits. I know there are dedicated buttons (CTRL+something as default) in settings and server also states in description something like "jump start = teleport to pits" but even using those key combinations it doesnt work for me.

Last edited:
Every person who is faced with this problem should go to the original asseto corsa and select their steering wheel in the settings and click apply, then go to the content manager and put the teleport button in the pit. This is one of the most confident decisions related to the game system, I hope it helped everyone.
upd: if you can't log into the original assetto corsa, then you need to save the mods that you need on disk and delete the folder with corsa so that the game is as clean as possible, also for prevention, the content manager deleted and reinstalled it when he successfully logged into the original asseto corsa

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back