Telemetry Tool from F1 series now available also for ACC

Hi,

I have made my F1 Telemetry tool to work now also with ACC.

The tool provides
  • real-time Telemetry on plenty of data (including TimeDiff to the comparison lap, break diff, throttle diff and steer diff)
  • way to save each lap into its own file and later you can compare any lap (in map view and telemetry view)
  • race update (fuel usage per ECU Mode), fuel left estimates (e.g. to see, how much you must refuel)
  • key race info (standard deviation per sector), pit/non-pit lap averages
  • save full race track position/laptimes history for later analysis.

You can download the tool from the RaceDepartment's F1 2019 subforum.

You can run the Telemetry on the same computer as ACC or on separate laptop/desktop on Windows, Linux or Mac.

With ACC the installation is bit different, than with the other supported games (F1 2019, PC2 & DiRT Rally 2.0), as the ACC only provides Shared Memory access to player car data. For this I have created a SharedMemory-->UDP relay to send the data also to remote computers. In the ReadMe.txt (in the .zip) there are detailed instructions, how to make the tool work, but I added here too a simple overview.

1) Install, if you run the Telemetry tool on the same computer as ACC
  1. Unzip the package somewhere, i.e. to C:\Bin\Telemetry_ACC
  2. Start the Telemetry tool with the RunWin.bat
  3. Modify the ACC broadcast specific Settings (and save them) and set in General Settings the game to ACC, tool will need to be restarted
  4. Now click the acc_relay.bat (just runs the ACC_SharedMemory_Relay.exe from the bin\acc_relay directory)
  5. Run the Telemetry tool
  6. Start ACC and start driving around
  7. If the install was a success, the data should come to the Telemetry tool
2) Install If you run the Telemetry tool on different computer as ACC
  1. As in 1), set the tool to work with ACC (on the remote Telemetry computer)
  2. In the Telemetry tool, set the ACC settings and also set the IP address, where you will run ACC (this is needed for access to the broadcast data for the race details of other cars)
  3. Copy the acc_relay directory to the computer, where you will run ACC. Start the acc_relay.bat or directly the ACC_SharedMemory_Relay once. Then edit the relay_settings.ini file to set the IP address there to be the remote computer's IP address. (This is needed, so that the SHMem-UDP relay can send data to the Telemetry tool)
  4. Edit the broadcast.json file in the C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config and set the passwords etc to be same as in the ACC Settings dialog in the Telemetry tool.
  5. Huh, now we start the acc_relay.bat in the ACC Computer and the Telemetry tool in the remote computer and then we start ACC and start driving around
  6. If we got things right (or were lucky ;)) data will come to the Telemetry tool
Later, when the setup has been completed you can run the tool just by starting the ACC-relay, the Telemetry tool and then ACC.

Few things to notes
- You can save automatically the race history (Enable in settings) and later load it to the tool
- You can set TC_UP, TC_DOWN, ABS_UP or ABS_DOWN as way to change the active view in the tool. I typically switch between RaceInfo, Mapview and Racetiming views during the race. So e.g. if you set the Tab/View change to TC_UP, you could just do TC_UP (to change view) and then immediately return with TC_DOWN to TC settings remains same, but the view changed.
- If you have used the tool earlier with F1 games, you will note that the data files are larger, as there is more detailed data coming from ACC.

I have built this tool mainly for myself and only for those games, which I play myself. I have shared the tool, so that the paid tools also have to make best effort. When I play, I have extra screen reserved for the Telemetry tool.

If you like this, I am also happy to take donations via PayPal. Data for this in the tool and in the ReadMe.txt.

Below are some screenshots
- BASIC TELEMETRY
V92_ACC_Telemetry.png

PLOTTER
V92_ACC_Plotter_Glon_red.png

MAP with different viewing options, including pit window (i.e. where you end up after pitstop
V92_ACC_Map_name_and_car.png

Track position history
V92_ACC_TrackPositionHistory.png

Race timing history, 1 hour online race at Silverstone
V92_ACC_RaceHistory_1hour_Silverstone.png

Racetiming info, speeds, delta, driver level etc.
V92_ACC_Racetiming.png

Visual comparison of two laps
V9_F1_comparison_throttle.png

And you can have many windows open, if you want. This is bit like a race engineers view.
V92_ACC_RaceEngineer_view.png

The ACC Settings can be found from the menu under Tools/Settings. See the image below
V92_View_menu.png

And the actual dialog looks like this
V92_ACC_broadcast_settings.png

If you run/have ACC on the same computer as the Telemetry tool, then values will be loaded from the game's setting 'broadcast.json' file.

So you need to edit for the ACC broadcast settings the Port and Password. The 'Command password' is optional, the tool doesn't do anything with it. When you click 'Save and exit', the broadcasting will be enabled and the values entered will also be saved.

Cheers.

I doesn't work for me, i think it is because my ACC is installed on my D drive, not C. But there is no way to change that.

The install drive should not be an issue.

Which part does not work for you?

- The Telemetry tool doesn't start?
1)Are you sure, your Firewall/Antivirus is not blocking the tool from starting, have seen occasionally.
2)Did you try to unzip the Telemetry to e.g. to a folder in Desktop (for testing purposes). Does it start from there?

- The tool starts, but you don't get any data into the Telemetry tool?
!) Did you start the acc_relay.bat first? Does it start?
2) Is there C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config\broadcasting.json file in your system? If not, do you have the C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione (or Libraries\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione) in your system, or it is located somewhere else?

- Something else?

Cheers.

I tried this a few months ago with F1 and I hit problems in that after a few minutes this would max out my processor on all cores. This was tested with Mac native, Windows native and virtualised, and Linux (Ubuntu) virtualised.

I initially thought that it might be something to do with the JRE on Mac, but as I had exactly the same issues across all of those various operating systems I ended up discounting that.

Any ideas? as I'd love to use this tool given everything it does and everything it works with.

What kind of system you have? I run Win7 on i7-6850k (6 cores) with 64GB of memory and have been using the tool alongside all the supported games with no such issue (on the production releases). There are about 200 daily users, so if all people were having such issues, I think I should have heard about it.

In 9.2. I have made plenty of optimizations on the real-time graph drawing etc. You can also limit the CPU usage from the settings. If you put the CPU use to max, the Telemetry tool can really eat all free CPU cycles, you have to offer, if your computer is not up for it.

For testing I have also run the v9.2 with the 2GB memory limit on XUbuntu on VirtualBox (3 threads assigned) with a saved datafeed from an 1 hour online race in ACC (Telemetry, racepane + map window open at the same time). The CPU slider was in the middle, it was slow, but survived the test.

I would be curious, what happens in your system, if in the Telemetry tool settings you put the CPU slider to the right (i.e. minimum CPU usage), make the Delta accuracy to be in the middle and run the tool with any supported game and only the 'Race Info' visible in the Telemetry tool.

From performance perspective, the real-time Telemetry graph is the most resource heavy, both memory and CPU wise. So running the tool with the Racepane (and maybe the Map view) typically takes 20-50% less CPU.

Edit: Also to make the Map to take less resources, you can disable the 'show blue line', 'show red line' and 'show driven line'. That might be another thing to do to reduce the strain on the system.

Even when limiting the memory and CPU, the tool still stores the laps with full data, so when you do the telemetry data analysis, you will have all data available.

For me personally, when I drive races, I only use the Race Info and Map tabs and switch between them depending on the race situation: Map when planning for pitstop, Race Info most of the time to see the times of the people around me + for the detailed fuel situation. I use the real-time telemetry graphs typically during practice to understand, how different driving affects the laptimes. For the proper telemetry analysis, I load laps and view them with Telemetry, Comparison and Map views together. This way I can really dive in, why I won/lost time in certain parts of the track.

Cheers.

Last edited:
A hint: If you are running ACC and the Telemetry tool at the same computer, you could combine the acc_relay.bat and the runWin.bat into one file, so you only need to double-click once. This way you don't forget to start the relay.

You could rename the new file e.g. to runWinAcc.bat and the contents would be
===================
@Echo off
start bin\acc_relay\ACC_SharedMemory_Relay.exe
start bin\win\bin\javaw.exe -jar Telemetry.jar
exit
===================

Cheers.

Doesn't work for me either.

It loads up fine: relay bat opens, run win opens, followed all the directions, looked at broadcast json, all the data was there, telemetry said it was getting information from correct port, and still didn't work.

Looked at provided YouTube tutorial, and followed exactly, and that did not work either.

-relay bat open
-win run open
-start ACC
-no data

No data is being transferred from game (looks pretty easy to set up and the video looks like a no brainer lol)

Doesn't work for me either.

It loads up fine: relay bat opens, run win opens, followed all the directions, looked at broadcast json, all the data was there, telemetry said it was getting information from correct port, and still didn't work.

Looked at provided YouTube tutorial, and followed exactly, and that did not work either.

-relay bat open
-win run open
-start ACC
-no data

No data is being transferred from game (looks pretty easy to set up and the video looks like a no brainer lol)

I am in a process of making the startup even simpler for V3.

But in the mean time, you can check, the values are ok for the system. Here I assume you are running the tool on same computer as ACC.

Open the Telemetry tool, and select the Telemetry view. Press CTRL-I to open the infobox

See the green arrows.
1) The game should be ACC, the ACC IP should be like below,
2) ACC IP should be like below, if you set port number to 9000 for the ACC broadcast (via ACC Settings).
3) The listening port should be 9996 (if you did not change it)

V93_CTRL-I_ACC.png

Start the relay (run_acc_relay.bat), in the startup messages the IP and Port should be like below, if you had not changed the port number.

V93_Relay_1.02.png

If the values are not correct, redo and re-save them in the settings and restart both the relay and Telemetry tool.

Cheers

But in the mean time, you can check, the values are ok for the system. Here I assume you are running the tool on same computer as ACC.

Open the Telemetry tool, and select the Telemetry view. Press CTRL-I to open the infobox

See the green arrows.
2) ACC IP should be like below, if you set port number to 9000 for the ACC broadcast (via ACC Settings).

View attachment 360142

Start the relay (run_acc_relay.bat), in the startup messages the IP and Port should be like below, if you had not changed the port number.

View attachment 360145
If the values are not correct, redo and re-save them in the settings and restart both the relay and Telemetry tool.

Cheers

Thank you so much for the fast reply and I will take a look today. but last night I had a dream about this problem lol and i watched myself running hotlaps instead of practice and other races and said...holy crap it might not read hotlap data since its a 'hot lap' and one lap only.

so now i have two things to try!

See the green arrows.

View attachment 360142

View attachment 360145

Cheers
UPDATE:

What you suggested worked. It was the ACC IP that was set to 9996 and not 9000.
I made the change and it worked. With the 9996 in there I was also getting a game crash as well so I new something was way wrong.

the error log was:

kernelbase
vcruntime140
AC2_win64_Shipping (repeated about 8 times)

thanks so much for the feedback and your hard work!

Just a heads-up. The broadcasting API has been updated with the latest release. I will be working to get the updates incorporated to 9.3 (which I was planning to release yesterday).

This will take few days + testing, but I hope to get the new version out ASAP.

Finally got the update out. It is in the F1 2019 subforum at https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/telemetry-application.27456/

ACC related notable additions
  • Data from 1.3 Shmem version + from version 4 broadcast data incorporated, so some new data available, namely brake disk/pad wear
  • Opponent lap saving added and itnow works sufficiently well. This creates opponent lap data from your opponents during the races. The game gives out timing, speed, gear and distance. I added some heuristics to try to detect the braking point + how long the opponent did brake. This is now a first working version
  • Fixes to some trackmap
  • Organized ACC data in the Driving info to be bit better
  • Added wheel slip bar to the Driving data, now it shows wheel slip (value from game) + spin (red if wheel rotates slower than car's speed, green if rotates faster)
  • The acc_relay now closes only if you press key 'E' when the acc_relay is the active/selected window
  • Added runWin_ACC.bat, which starts both relay and the Telemetry tool in ACC mode, so you only need to run that in order to run the tool.
For update, replace Telemetry.jar, the ACC_SharedMemory_Relay.exe and the ACC tracks.

First time run is also much simpler. Start the runWin_ACC.bat, in the Telemetry tool go to Settings --> ACC Settings, set the broadcast data. Start ACC and the data from tool comes to the Telemetry tool.

The ReadMe.txt has more details on the new features and how to run Telemetry on separate computer than ACC.

Enjoy.

Hello,

Thought I'd give this a try but I get an error stating ACC_SharedMemory_Relay.exe cannot be found, I don't see it in the ZIP anywhere. I'm very new to ACC so not sure where to locate this file to add it.

Thanks!

trojan detected, your antivirus has deleted it
Bitdefender user here
Even to download it its a pain
So why a trojan is present in ur file?

This is quite interesting.

I have built the ACC_Relay from my own sources, compiled it with Visual Studio and now some virus scanners tag the relay as a virus.

I just did run the tool on many online virus scanners and some of the engines in those online scanners claimed there is a virus. Here is the report
See https://virusscan.jotti.org/en-US/filescanjob/qccz6wdi3l

As the tool reads memory and then sends the data to IP address set by the configuration file, I am assuming some of the virus scanners see that as a red flag.

I just did a new compile, where I added one word to one of the strings and rerun the online virus scan on virustotal and still few engines claim there is a virus.

I also made a debug compile and got down to 1 false positive out of 72 engines at virustotal.com.

If this things persists, I will need to find a way to distribute the acc_relay as a separate package to avoid the issue of whole install failing due to some virus scanner tagging the acc_shmem_relay.exe.

One way to make the install, is to unzip anything else except the acc_relay part. I will post a separate acc_relay packet for the ACC users later, when I find a way to make a compile, which doesn't get tagged.

Cheers.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 115 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 300 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing