Telemetry Tool from F1 series now available also for ACC

Hi,

I have made my F1 Telemetry tool to work now also with ACC.

The tool provides
  • real-time Telemetry on plenty of data (including TimeDiff to the comparison lap, break diff, throttle diff and steer diff)
  • way to save each lap into its own file and later you can compare any lap (in map view and telemetry view)
  • race update (fuel usage per ECU Mode), fuel left estimates (e.g. to see, how much you must refuel)
  • key race info (standard deviation per sector), pit/non-pit lap averages
  • save full race track position/laptimes history for later analysis.

You can download the tool from the RaceDepartment's F1 2019 subforum.

You can run the Telemetry on the same computer as ACC or on separate laptop/desktop on Windows, Linux or Mac.

With ACC the installation is bit different, than with the other supported games (F1 2019, PC2 & DiRT Rally 2.0), as the ACC only provides Shared Memory access to player car data. For this I have created a SharedMemory-->UDP relay to send the data also to remote computers. In the ReadMe.txt (in the .zip) there are detailed instructions, how to make the tool work, but I added here too a simple overview.

1) Install, if you run the Telemetry tool on the same computer as ACC
  1. Unzip the package somewhere, i.e. to C:\Bin\Telemetry_ACC
  2. Start the Telemetry tool with the RunWin.bat
  3. Modify the ACC broadcast specific Settings (and save them) and set in General Settings the game to ACC, tool will need to be restarted
  4. Now click the acc_relay.bat (just runs the ACC_SharedMemory_Relay.exe from the bin\acc_relay directory)
  5. Run the Telemetry tool
  6. Start ACC and start driving around
  7. If the install was a success, the data should come to the Telemetry tool
2) Install If you run the Telemetry tool on different computer as ACC
  1. As in 1), set the tool to work with ACC (on the remote Telemetry computer)
  2. In the Telemetry tool, set the ACC settings and also set the IP address, where you will run ACC (this is needed for access to the broadcast data for the race details of other cars)
  3. Copy the acc_relay directory to the computer, where you will run ACC. Start the acc_relay.bat or directly the ACC_SharedMemory_Relay once. Then edit the relay_settings.ini file to set the IP address there to be the remote computer's IP address. (This is needed, so that the SHMem-UDP relay can send data to the Telemetry tool)
  4. Edit the broadcast.json file in the C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config and set the passwords etc to be same as in the ACC Settings dialog in the Telemetry tool.
  5. Huh, now we start the acc_relay.bat in the ACC Computer and the Telemetry tool in the remote computer and then we start ACC and start driving around
  6. If we got things right (or were lucky ;)) data will come to the Telemetry tool
Later, when the setup has been completed you can run the tool just by starting the ACC-relay, the Telemetry tool and then ACC.

Few things to notes
- You can save automatically the race history (Enable in settings) and later load it to the tool
- You can set TC_UP, TC_DOWN, ABS_UP or ABS_DOWN as way to change the active view in the tool. I typically switch between RaceInfo, Mapview and Racetiming views during the race. So e.g. if you set the Tab/View change to TC_UP, you could just do TC_UP (to change view) and then immediately return with TC_DOWN to TC settings remains same, but the view changed.
- If you have used the tool earlier with F1 games, you will note that the data files are larger, as there is more detailed data coming from ACC.

I have built this tool mainly for myself and only for those games, which I play myself. I have shared the tool, so that the paid tools also have to make best effort. When I play, I have extra screen reserved for the Telemetry tool.

If you like this, I am also happy to take donations via PayPal. Data for this in the tool and in the ReadMe.txt.

Below are some screenshots
- BASIC TELEMETRY
V92_ACC_Telemetry.png

PLOTTER
V92_ACC_Plotter_Glon_red.png

MAP with different viewing options, including pit window (i.e. where you end up after pitstop
V92_ACC_Map_name_and_car.png

Track position history
V92_ACC_TrackPositionHistory.png

Race timing history, 1 hour online race at Silverstone
V92_ACC_RaceHistory_1hour_Silverstone.png

Racetiming info, speeds, delta, driver level etc.
V92_ACC_Racetiming.png

Visual comparison of two laps
V9_F1_comparison_throttle.png

And you can have many windows open, if you want. This is bit like a race engineers view.
V92_ACC_RaceEngineer_view.png

Thanks for your reply Iko. Keep at it, it's an awseome tool. We used it yesterday for a race where I was "crewchiefing" a driver over the internet. It was great! (I can't race atm, so coaching another driver throughout a race was a good way to get my racing kicks)

And if it's okay, I'm just going to make another suggestion:
It would be "nice to have" a data-rate option to lower the frequency by which the data is sent. We have another driver in our team that has a very limited internet connection, so being able to minimize (or at least more or less control) the total amount of data sent over the course of a race would be interesting to him.

:thumbsup:

Glad to know you got it working well.

Few questions:

1) Is your driver also using the Telemetry tool?

2) Which way are you getting the data? Via the out_1/out_2 or the "normal" relay + broadcast system?

If you use the out_1/out_2, that is something, I will look into, if I can add some way to throttle the data some smart way.

Using the relay + broadcast ...
If you use the relay + broadcast, then your driver could set 1) the sleep to e.g. 20 in relay_settings.ini. This means, the tool will send data about ones every 20 milliseconds. Now the default is 5ms. Also s/he could edit the settings.xml and there set the
<!-- ACC Broadcast interval (in ms) -->
<entry key="acc_broadcast_interval">100</entry>
to something else than 100. Now this means, the broadcast system sends data out every 100ms. I haven't really played around this, but if you put it to e.g. 500ms, there is data twice per second.

but ...

Other possibility ...
Here is what I am thinking now as I write, so this is not a tested solution.

If you use out_1/out_2, your driver could have two installs of the Telemetry tool,
1) One for the driver's own use, which would use the relay + broadcast at faster speeds. No out_1/out_2 settings.
2) Second Telemetry install for the data, you will be looking at. This needs to listen for Relay on the different PORT, settings via relay_settings.ini. Here you would set the sleep to some bigger number and for this install set the broadcast_interval also to higher number. Out_1/out_2 settings to send data to your system. This install could run on very minimal requirements, low CPU, Blue Line set to NONE etc.

Using this:
The driver would start relay + telemetry 1) for own use. The driver would start relay + telemetry 2) for sending data to your system. The driver would start ACC and then you should get data over the network. If your driver doesn't need the data, so no need to start 1).

If you try this, I would love to hear, how it works.

Cheers.

Hi Rein, it´s me again. I want to record race data from my ACC races, so I can see all data from the race later. Despite setting Telemetry Tool to record data, I had no success.

I´ve seen the videos in you channel, to see if I could have a clue, but no success.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Attachments

• 2020-05-19 (2).png
    2020-05-19 (2).png
    52.1 KB · Views: 108
Hi Rein, it´s me again. I want to record race data from my ACC races, so I can see all data from the race later. Despite setting Telemetry Tool to record data, I had no success.

I´ve seen the videos in you channel, to see if I could have a clue, but no success.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Hi, my question is, what level of saving you want to do?

1) Just save the per lap data for each participants, so you can view the data in RaceHistory tab later?

For this, if you have the "save detailed race history to file" set, the tool will save .history file in the 'LapTimes' directory. You can open these files from the 'File' --> 'Open Race History File'.

2) Save all data and then later run the recording on the tool?

For this, you need to enable the "debug feed" via the baseSettings.xml file. Set the

This will (for ACC) save file debug_data_FEED_ACC.csv file on to the base directory. Note that if you don't copy/rename the file, on the Telemetry tool restart it will be overwritten.

You can use the apps.Feed (see ReadMe.txt) to read the data and send it to the Telemetry tool. This is kind of data-replay of the exact data, the tool received. Pretty handy, e.g. if you need to understand in detail, why you lost 3 places during pitstop And when you run the data to the tool, you can have all window open, pause the feed, make it run faster/slower etc. to truly dive into the data.

Or do you need something else?

Cheers

Hi, my question is, what level of saving you want to do?

1) Just save the per lap data for each participants, so you can view the data in RaceHistory tab later?

For this, if you have the "save detailed race history to file" set, the tool will save .history file in the 'LapTimes' directory. You can open these files from the 'File' --> 'Open Race History File'.

2) Save all data and then later run the recording on the tool?

For this, you need to enable the "debug feed" via the baseSettings.xml file. Set the

This will (for ACC) save file debug_data_FEED_ACC.csv file on to the base directory. Note that if you don't copy/rename the file, on the Telemetry tool restart it will be overwritten.

You can use the apps.Feed (see ReadMe.txt) to read the data and send it to the Telemetry tool. This is kind of data-replay of the exact data, the tool received. Pretty handy, e.g. if you need to understand in detail, why you lost 3 places during pitstop And when you run the data to the tool, you can have all window open, pause the feed, make it run faster/slower etc. to truly dive into the data.

Or do you need something else?

Cheers

Hi Rein, thanks again.

I want to use the option 2, I just took a look in the baseSettings.xml, but I could´t understand it. Can you post a sample of a baseSettings.xml that you use, so I can modify it to the paths that I use?

I think you forgot some step above, see the yellow mark in the picture.

Cheers,

Attachments

• TTool.jpg
    TTool.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 79
Hi Rein, thanks again.

I want to use the option 2, I just took a look in the baseSettings.xml, but I could´t understand it. Can you post a sample of a baseSettings.xml that you use, so I can modify it to the paths that I use?

I think you forgot some step above, see the yellow mark in the picture.

Cheers,

Yeah, here is the line, how it should be, to enable the data feed capture:

So in the baseSettings.xml, set
<entry key="writeServerDebug">true</entry>

cheers.

I got a quick question. When i drive against AI in ACC I do not get any data in the opponent stats. Is there a way to fix that?

That happens, if the broadcasting data is not coming through. Do the "Settings" --> "ACC settings" and press "Save and exit". This saves the broadcast settings and then you should receive the data for the other cars (i.e. driver names etc.).

Cheers.

Tool doesn't start properly anymore from yesterday to today. ACC_SharedMemory_Relay window opens but the tool-window itself is not visible, just the icon in the taskbar.

Until now the App functions very well, even the remote engineer option. BTW: Really a great idea!

I've downloaded it again but got the same result with this fresh "installation". Anyone an idea?

Edit 1:
If I run the "runWin_ACC" batch file the App doesn't start (properly). If I use the "runWin" batch file the tool opens.

Edit 2:
It seems that the parameter "--game=ACC" is the problem.
Editing the "runWin.bat" with this parameter ("--game=ACC") leads to same negativ result.

Edit 3:
Firewall settings checked, no "false" settings.

Edit 4:
Reinstalled ACC. Same result.

Last edited:
Tool doesn't start properly anymore from yesterday to today. ACC_SharedMemory_Relay window opens but the tool-window itself is not visible, just the icon in the taskbar.

Until now the App functions very well, even the remote engineer option. BTW: Really a great idea!

I've downloaded it again but got the same result with this fresh "installation". Anyone an idea?

Edit 1:
If I run the "runWin_ACC" batch file the App doesn't start (properly). If I use the "runWin" batch file the tool opens.

Edit 2:
It seems that the parameter "--game=ACC" is the problem.
Editing the "runWin.bat" with this parameter ("--game=ACC") leads to same negativ result.

Edit 3:
Firewall settings checked, no "false" settings.

Edit 4:
Reinstalled ACC. Same result.

Did something odd happen earlier, like crash or something or did you install some new software, which might be breaking things? If the tool has worked before, it should keep working, unless there is a new version of the game, which breaks stuff.

I have tested the 10.1 with 1.05 Shared Memory relay with the latest Steam ACC version and it works.

Cheers.

No crash or odd happening. As far as I remember I installed only an update for ACC-Result.

As the "RunWin.bat" starts the application fine: Is there a way to use it that way with ACC? I tried to start it that way and the "Shared Memory relay" but there is no data from ACC.

Edit 1: My remote engineer get all informations, even I can't see it.

Edit 2: The csv-files in "lapdata" are also there.

It's seems to be "just" a display problem (on my PC).

Last edited:
No crash or odd happening. As far as I remember I installed only an update for ACC-Result.

As the "RunWin.bat" starts the application fine: Is there a way to use it that way with ACC? I tried to start it that way and the "Shared Memory relay" but there is no data from ACC.

Edit 1: My remote engineer get all informations, even I can't see it.

Edit 2: The csv-files in "lapdata" are also there.

It's seems to be "just" a display problem (on my PC).

Maybe you could try to just delete (or just rename) the settings.xml and graph_settings files in the 'settings\acc' directory and retry to start the tool with the runWin_acc.bat.

For some reason the main window might reside in an "out of screen" area, so removing the settings files would reset this.

Cheers.

Okay, So there's a video that should help.

Make sure you download the Assetto Corsa Competizione Dedicated Server from the steam tools which is listed here highlighted in blue. If you haven't installed it this will be highlighted in gray, once installed it will be highlighted in white.

Capture.PNG

Once that is done make sure you go to the steam common folder > Assetto Corsa Competizione Dedicated Server folder > sdk folder > broadcasting folder > Testclient folder > and the exe file. If you want to use the software for its intended use go to Documents > Assetto Corsa Competizione > Config
> broadcasting.json and change the text to the following below.

JSON:
{
    "updListenerPort": 9000,
    "connectionPassword": "asd",
    "commandPassword": ""
}

Make sure to restart your pc once this is done.

Now once you have done all that follow the video I added here or follow the instructions below.

Make sure to click on runWin_2GB_memory_limit.bat this will start the software and bring it to the Telemetry Tool.

You may see the following title
Telemetry Tool for F1 2019
Don't worry this does happen and to get the Assetto Corsa Competizione up and working follow the steps below.

go to settings dropdown tab > click on ACC settings in telemetry tools. it should be like this.

Capture1.PNG

leave it as it is and save and exit.

Capture2.PNG

Now head to settings dropdown tab > click on General settings and change the UDP feed format from f1 2019 to ACC. this will bring up a small popup window click okay and Telemetry Tool software will close as intended.

Now click on the runWin_ACC.bat and a command prompt will appear and seconds later the Telemetry Tool software will appear (Leave both open, the command prompt helps the Telemetry Tool software to communicate with ACC).

now the software should be registered to ACC all you do is start ACC and join a server or start a practice mode and the software will read the information, directly.

I will let you know that you can't import .id files from the MoTeC folder in the Assetto Corsa Competizione folder and is a live feed when you are in the session. Make sure to save the information "before" exiting the server or practice session.

Last edited:
Nice tool i like that!
Short question. is it posible to get the telemetry data from a second pc that isnt in the same network? So that a fried is starting the tool and acc and i get the data on my pc ?
Yes, easiest way is to run the Telemetry Tool on both computers. Then you setup the UDP forward in the Telemetry Tool from first PC (running ACC) to send the data to the Telemetry Tool running in the second computer.

You do this UDP forward from the Settings --> Network Settings

Also in the help (press F1 or key H) there is some info about the UDP forward.

Cheers.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back