Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Tool For F1 2020 10.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello Iko
i downloaded the as normal for AC (not ACC:) ) and its just not picking up any data. I only stubbled upon this sofware bcause of me wanting a display usage for my sf1000 in AC. I followed multiple giudes on the Sf1000 but after some time i noticed that it was the app not picking up any data so i tried loads of setting changes but i cant get it to work could you help me with the issues. :)

- Voltic

Hello Iko
i downloaded the as normal for AC (not ACC:) ) and its just not picking up any data. I only stubbled upon this sofware bcause of me wanting a display usage for my sf1000 in AC. I followed multiple giudes on the Sf1000 but after some time i noticed that it was the app not picking up any data so i tried loads of setting changes but i cant get it to work could you help me with the issues. :)

- Voltic
With AC, first install the tool by unzipping it into your system. Don' t use the mod manager, as it does not help with the tool

When you start the Tool for AC, make sure
1) you have the relay up and running
2) then you start the Telemetry tool in AC mode
You can do 1) and 2) directly via the Launcher (runLauncher.bat)
3) then start AC

Now when you start driving, it might take few seconds before you see any data. Best is to have the 'raw data' or the 'driving' tabs open, so you see immediately, if/when there is data. If there is nothing coming in, you can once go to Settings --> AC Settings and press save.

When this all works, then you can turn on in the Network settings the UDP forward, where you set the data format to F1 2020 and you set the IP + port to be same, as in your SF1000 wheel's setup page.

Cheers.

Hi
I cannot get any data from F12015. I enabled udp in hardware settings and nothing. Feed tester shows some packed sent, but still when I run Telemetry Tool for F12015 I get nothing. I tried changing ip and port but nothing works. Any ideas what may be the problem?

Hi
I cannot get any data from F12015. I enabled udp in hardware settings and nothing. Feed tester shows some packed sent, but still when I run Telemetry Tool for F12015 I get nothing. I tried changing ip and port but nothing works. Any ideas what may be the problem?
This is the relevant change in the harward_settings_config.xml file
<motion>
<dbox enabled="true" />
<udp enabled="true" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20777" />
<udp enabled="false" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20777" />
</motion>
This assumes, you run the Telemetry Tool and F1 2015 on the same computer. The Tool must also be listening to IP 127.0.0.1 and port 20777.

Cheers.

I just posted the V12.3 to the F1 22 mods section:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/telemetry-tool-for-f1-22.52172/
If you find anything odd with it, let me know.
Cheers.
Hi there,

I got the plugin to work for AC, but it doesn't display live data like lap times, delta, sectors ect, It only shows RPM Speed and the rev couters. Ive got the plugin installed and enabled it just doesn't work.

I also cant get it to work with RFactor2

If you want DM me on Discord - Jasontayone#7600

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-15 234305.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-15 234305.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot 2023-04-15 234237.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-15 234237.png
    33.3 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot 2023-04-15 234213.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-15 234213.png
    46.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20230416_002545.jpg
    IMG_20230416_002545.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20230416_002552.jpg
    IMG_20230416_002552.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Hi there,

I got the plugin to work for AC, but it doesn't display live data like lap times, delta, sectors ect, It only shows RPM Speed and the rev couters. Ive got the plugin installed and enabled it just doesn't work.

I also cant get it to work with RFactor2

If you want DM me on Discord - Jasontayone#7600
First, do you have a working Telemetry Tool installation, i..e do you receive all data to the Telemetry Tool? In multi-car mode, do you see all the cars moving on the map?

On your setup, you have enabled two UDP forwards to send the data to the wheel. Disable one of them, as you need only one enabled to send the data to the wheel. Depending on your Wifi connection quality, you might also experiment on dropping the frequency. On a slow/weak Wifi it might be better to send data less often to the wheel.

Laptimes and sectors should work, also the session best lap and last lap etc.

Cheers.

First, do you have a working Telemetry Tool installation, i..e do you receive all data to the Telemetry Tool? In multi-car mode, do you see all the cars moving on the map?

On your setup, you have enabled two UDP forwards to send the data to the wheel. Disable one of them, as you need only one enabled to send the data to the wheel. Depending on your Wifi connection quality, you might also experiment on dropping the frequency. On a slow/weak Wifi it might be better to send data less often to the wheel.

Cheers.
Thanks for your response, It appears that I'm not receiving the data live, as on the map, the little circle with my name doesn't move while driving, and during a race it's only me on there. My wifi isnt the problem, the connection to my PC and the wheel is very strong. Can you contact me on Discord as its easier, if you have it - Jasontayone#7600

Thanks.

Thanks for your response, It appears that I'm not receiving the data live, as on the map, the little circle with my name doesn't move while driving, and during a race it's only me on there. My wifi isnt the problem, the connection to my PC and the wheel is very strong. Can you contact me on Discord as its easier, if you have it - Jasontayone#7600

Thanks.

Cheers.
Ijust been looking and i noticed that under the drier tab, while in-game and it says plugin off
1681829520898.png

Ijust been looking and i noticed that under the drier tab, while in-game and it says plugin off View attachment 656505
If you have many plugins installed, it could be that one of them is causing issue to the Telemetry Tool Plugin, due to the way the game loads plugins.

You can see if there are issues on loading the plugin by pressing 'Home' key, when you get to the game. If there are some errors relating to the telemetry_tool_plugin.py, then most likely there is a conflict with another plugin.

The solution is to take the new version of the Telemetry Tool plugin from https://telemetrytool.com/addons
In the new version I have removed the potential causes for the conflicts.

Cheers.

If you have many plugins installed, it could be that one of them is causing issue to the Telemetry Tool Plugin, due to the way the game loads plugins.

You can see if there are issues on loading the plugin by pressing 'Home' key, when you get to the game. If there are some errors relating to the telemetry_tool_plugin.py, then most likely there is a conflict with another plugin.

The solution is to take the new version of the Telemetry Tool plugin from https://telemetrytool.com/addons
In the new version I have removed the potential causes for the conflicts.

Cheers.
Yep i installed that earlier and it works, still dont get P Delta and S Delta but the rest works

Yep i installed that earlier and it works, still dont get P Delta and S Delta but the rest works
Hi,
Yeah, my solution is a workaround to make the SF1000 think, the data comes from F1 2020.

The way the F12020 data feed spec is, there is no P Delta or S Delta or even the D-1 and D+1 deltas. I have made some additions/changes on what data I put in from AC/rF2 and added some more packets, but still could not even get the S Delta working. I will put bit more effort on that, but cannot promise it will change this.

Cheers.

Hi,
Yeah, my solution is a workaround to make the SF1000 think, the data comes from F1 2020.

The way the F12020 data feed spec is, there is no P Delta or S Delta or even the D-1 and D+1 deltas. I have made some additions/changes on what data I put in from AC/rF2 and added some more packets, but still could not even get the S Delta working. I will put bit more effort on that, but cannot promise it will change this.

Cheers.
Thanks, I cant get the display to work with RFactor2 though, is that because there isnt a relay?

Thanks, I cant get the display to work with RFactor2 though, is that because there isnt a relay?
With rfactor2 you have to install the TelemetryToolPlugin.dll into the <rFactor 2 install dir>\bin64\plugins
The TelemetryToolPlugin.dll is in the <Telemetry Tool install dir>\bin\rf2_plugin directory.

When you put the .dll there, then the game will pick it up automatically and it will act as "relay" to send the data to the game.

Cheers.

With rfactor2 you have to install the TelemetryToolPlugin.dll into the <rFactor 2 install dir>\bin64\plugins
The TelemetryToolPlugin.dll is in the <Telemetry Tool install dir>\bin\rf2_plugin directory.

When you put the .dll there, then the game will pick it up automatically and it will act as "relay" to send the data to the game.

Cheers.
Doesnt work for me

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 155 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 151 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.7%