Resource icon

Other Telemetry Tool for AMS2 13.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Iko Rein submitted a new resource:

Telemetry Application Version 10 for AMS2 - Real-time and offline Telemetry and race strategy application for Sim Racing

The port of my Telemetry Tool for Automobilista 2 is here.

This version works now with AMS2. It also works with Assetto Corsa Competizione, F1 2013 to F1 2020, Project Cars 2 and Dirt Rally 2.0.

I have developed this tool for many years for the F1 series, but lately have added support to other games, which I myself actively play.

This is the tool to make you drive faster regardless of your driving level.

The tool can be used both offline and real-time to analyze telemetry data, car...

Read more about this resource...

Great tool, thanks for the effort

Is there a way to clear the data for the session?
I am now comparing my laps against a faster car from an earlier session

You could clear the current data by changing the track form the top left dropdown and then changing it back. That resets most of the data. If you do that during live race/session, all data prior in the race will also be gone too. But not the data saved on disk, i.e. lapdata.

Cheers.

That's not possible, because the API is providing only basic data for the other participants like driver name, car model, coordinates on map, speed, orientation, timings. But no other car telemetry.

You have to set the UDP Protocol Version to Project CARS2 and then the UDP Frequency, which is I think defined like this:

UDP off
UDP 1 60/sec (16ms)
UDP 2 50/sec (20ms)
UDP 3 40/sec (25ms)
UDP 4 30/sec (32ms)
UDP 5 20/sec (50ms)
UDP 6 15/sec (66ms)
UDP 7 10/sec (100ms)
UDP 8 05/sec (200ms)
UDP 9 01/sec (1000ms)

1 means 60 UDP packets per second
9 means 1 UDP packet per second

1 is theoretically the best setting.
I have it on 5, because with lower values (which means more packets per second) many wifi routers and repeaters have problems handling the high traffic load. I also have this problem.
This is because the packets are sent as Broadcast, that means the packets are sent to all devices in your network, whether they use it or not.

Thank you for your work on this Iko!

Does AMS2 provide tire temperature and ride height telemetry info? I’m not seeing it in this app but perhaps I’m overlooking it or it depends on which car you’re driving.

There is some tyre temp information. I only save the tyre surface temperature to the data files. During driving you can see surface + carcass temperature in the Driving pane. And if you press key 'X' for extra data, then you can see also the inner/center/outer temps of the tyre. There is also some other tyre temperature data available (like rim temp), but I haven't found good way to show them.

The tool also provides the suspension movement data and you can use e.g. the historgram to see that. In the data there is also the rideheight info and suspension rideheight. I am not saving that data to the datafiles, but could make it maybe available in the future on the Driving pane.

Cheers.

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Application Version 10 for AMS2 with a new update entry:

Telemetry Application for AMS2

New update to the version 10.

If you are updating, just replace the telemetry.jar in your installation.

If you are doing a new installation, read the ReadMe.txt first on how to install the tool.

Key changes in Version 10.1:

ACC

Added new cars in GT4 DLC
Updated the ACC_Relay to retrieve new data added in 1.15 of ACC. You must use the new relay 1.05 with the Telemetry tool version 10.1.

XY Plotter
Added (optional) scale to the graphs and made it better in showing some of...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for this tool! While it works fine (v10.1) with PC2 and F1 2018, the tool quits immediately when i execute "runWin_DR2.bat" for Dirt Rally 2.

I have setup the hardware settings for Dirt Rally 2 and it works with other telemetry apps.

Just a heads-up.

I am travelling next few weeks and just noticed, that Hockenheim tracks have been released. The tool should work ok with these new tracks without any extra data. It will also create a simple track map based on the first clean lap on each track.

During my travels I will only have with me my old laptop, which surprisingly is so old, it cannot run AMS2, thus getting the track maps done is pretty tough. I am getting help on getting the track maps done, so hopefully might be able to create a small data pack for AMS2 with the Hockenheim tracks in the near term.

Cheers.

Just start the tool with the the runWin_ams2.bat. This sets everything properly.

I you change the network settings and run the tool just with runWin.bat, then you must also change the game feed mode in the settings, not just port number.

Cheers.

Seems, I cannot upload .zip files here.

With AMS 1.0.2.5 there were many renamed tracks in the data, but I didn't want to do new release now just for the file name changes. In 10.2 I will need to do some extra work to make sure, in the future a name change from Reiza is easier to handle.

You can download the AMS2 new trackmaps + the updated tracklist from
http://www.ikorein.com/telemetry/ams2.html

Just unzip the contents (ams2_tracks.csv + .track files) to the tracks\ams2 directory and replace/update the files there. If you don't play AMS2, you don't need to load these.

With this there is small caveat: Your fastest laps will not show on the renamed tracks. For the time being you have to rename them by hand, e.g. 'adelaide_historic_p.csv' --> 'adelaide_adelaide_historic_p.csv' to make the tool load the correct fastest lap. In 10.2 I will fix the need for renames.

Cheers.

PS. the track file renames are listed below:
===================================
adelaide_modern --> adelaide_adelaide_modern
adelaide_historic --> adelaide_adelaide_historic

brandshatch_gp --> brandshatch_brandshatch_gp
brandshatch_indy --> brandshatch_brandshatch_indy

brasilia_full --> brasilia_brasilia_full
brasilia_outer --> brasilia_brasilia_outer

cascavel4_cascavel5 --> cascavel4_cascavel

interlagos_gp --> interlagos_interlagos_gp
interlagos_historic --> interlagos_interlagos_historic