Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Tool for ACC 13.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Iko Rein updated Telemetry tool for ACC with a new update entry:

Telemetry and Race Strategy tool for ACC

New version of my Telemetry Tool for Assetto Corsa Competizione is here.

Notable ACC related additions:
  • Math Channels: You can create your own math channels and assign them to traces on the Telemetry tab.
  • British GT DLC track maps added and small fixes/updates to other track maps
  • New Shared Memory Relay with ACC 1.07 additions
  • Fixed some statistics, including free roll data and clutch usage
  • Yellow flag regions now visible in the Trackmap
  • Laptime data has now tyre...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey!

I keep having this error message while trying to run "ACC_SharedMemory_Relay.exe": "failed to create the directory C:\Users\<My User>Using 127.0.0.1:9996"

Never happened before with previous versions.

Do you have any idea why this would be happening?

Thank you in advance!

PS: If I try to run the "run_acc_relay.bat" file as admin it says it can't find the path for the .exe.

Last edited:
Hey!

I keep having this error message while trying to run "ACC_SharedMemory_Relay.exe": "failed to create the directory C:\Users\<My User>Using 127.0.0.1:9996"

Never happened before with previous versions.

Do you have any idea why this would be happening?

Thank you in advance!

PS: If I try to run the "run_acc_relay.bat" file as admin it says it can't find the path for the .exe.

Pretty odd. From which version is this, 10.4?

Is there a new antivirus tool, which might prevent the tool from working. It would seem so, if the path to the .exe is missing.

For the version in 10.4 (i.e relay 1.07) there is the virustotal scan result here

I have never seen such error. What the error means, that for some reason the tool was not allowed to write to %appdata%\ACC_SharedMemory_relay
That is the location, where the Relay writes the settings (in typical Windows way). I have adjusted the relay in upcoming 10.5 version to be able to recover such a situation.

Maybe you can unzip from the original package the ACC_SharedMemory_Relay.exe and put it into the bin\acc_relay directory and then run it directly from the by double-clicking the .exe.

Cheers

Hello Iko, thanks for your great tool.
Im running it on an extra Linux Laptop with the Relay on PC.
Dont have a Mousewheel there, only touchpad and couldnt make Wheel/Zoom working there.
Maybe you could add Keystrokes into your Tool for Zoom?

Hello Iko, thanks for your great tool.
Im running it on an extra Linux Laptop with the Relay on PC.
Dont have a Mousewheel there, only touchpad and couldnt make Wheel/Zoom working there.
Maybe you could add Keystrokes into your Tool for Zoom?
I used the have pageUp and pageDown as zoom buttons in the old version (pre V8.x).

I just added back the pgUp and pgDown for zooming. And in map the control/meta key + those rotates the map.

This will be in V10.5. I am planning to get it out next week, or if there is new AMS2 release, maybe next weekend. Now doing last testing and trying to freeze the version.

Cheers.

I used the have pageUp and pageDown as zoom buttons in the old version (pre V8.x).

I just added back the pgUp and pgDown for zooming. And in map the control/meta key + those rotates the map.

This will be in V10.5. I am planning to get it out next week, or if there is new AMS2 release, maybe next weekend. Now doing last testing and trying to freeze the version.

Cheers.
That sounds really good, Thank you :)

Yeah, the thing with ACC in changing the driver is that you will only get the data for your own "driver", i.e. when you swap the drivers, you will loose the access to the car physics data.

I haven't figured out the best way to handle this. One thing I have been thinking is that there would be special mode for ACC, where you can forward the data to one "central Telemetry", i.e. the race engineer system, which could receive data from several drivers.

Other option would be to provide an online based solution, where the data gets saved on AWS or Azure and one could view the other driver's data in real-time. But this then would be a paid solution, as running something on the cloud would require time and money investment.

I know there were some Brazilian endurance racers, who both run their own telemetry and shared the telemetry view over some tunneling/screen sharing solution with each other. That might be another option.

I will put this into my "thinking hat", but cannot quarantie anything tangible comes out.

Cheers.
Thanks for this great piece of software!

We just ran ACC Monza 8 hours with 3 drivers using this, streaming the data to one server and then streamed the screen to youtube. Perfect for monitoring tires and track map.

Issues:
  • Being able to use this with multiple drivers without loosing data. (as you described above)
  • I dont get any race data. Like opponent lap times, opponent pit stops etc. I can see the other cars on the track map though with random names, like Driver01, i cant remember exactly. Is this a bug, or simply not implemented yet?

Thanks for this great piece of software!

We just ran ACC Monza 8 hours with 3 drivers using this, streaming the data to one server and then streamed the screen to youtube. Perfect for monitoring tires and track map.

Issues:
  • Being able to use this with multiple drivers without loosing data. (as you described above)
  • I dont get any race data. Like opponent lap times, opponent pit stops etc. I can see the other cars on the track map though with random names, like Driver01, i cant remember exactly. Is this a bug, or simply not implemented yet?
Not getting data of the other drivers means, you are not getting data form the broadcasting system. Remedy for this is that you have to save the ACC settings (at least once) from the Settings --> ACC Settings. This will enable the names etc.

The data from multiple drivers is an issue, which I haven't tackled yet as immediately when the driver is changed, you (the old driver) don't anymore receive data from the car. Thus at driver change your co-drivers will start receiving the Telemetry data. I have spoken with other endurance racers and many run multiple copies of the Telemetry tool and have a shared "central server", where they look at the data via some screen sharing systems.

I could create a "endurance race server" system, where multiple drivers could send their data to one location (ie. to your race engineer) and then view the data from there. But this would most likely be pretty niche solution, albeit pretty nice one, but it is still on the thinking level.

Cheers.

Ok, thanks! This telemetry toll work for Assetto Corsa for Ps4?
Yes, it is bit limited, but it works. Just set in the AC settings, that the tool will only use the UDP connection. (There is no SHMEM data coming from PS4 version of AC).

One of the limitations is that you have to change the track by hand, as the UDP data does not provide enough details to allow track detection.

Cheers

Not getting data of the other drivers means, you are not getting data form the broadcasting system. Remedy for this is that you have to save the ACC settings (at least once) from the Settings --> ACC Settings. This will enable the names etc.

The data from multiple drivers is an issue, which I haven't tackled yet as immediately when the driver is changed, you (the old driver) don't anymore receive data from the car. Thus at driver change your co-drivers will start receiving the Telemetry data. I have spoken with other endurance racers and many run multiple copies of the Telemetry tool and have a shared "central server", where they look at the data via some screen sharing systems.

I could create a "endurance race server" system, where multiple drivers could send their data to one location (ie. to your race engineer) and then view the data from there. But this would most likely be pretty niche solution, albeit pretty nice one, but it is still on the thinking level.

Cheers.
Ok so i got the rest of the telemetry working. Not sure what fixed it.
Was it that i pointed it to fetch the broadcast data from the client you think?

In that case. When doing driver swaps, do we have to open port 9000 for all and then change the IP when a new drivers takes the wheel. Im not exactly sure how the ACC broadcast works but i guess its needed to get full telemetry.

Yes, it is bit limited, but it works. Just set in the AC settings, that the tool will only use the UDP connection. (There is no SHMEM data coming from PS4 version of AC).

One of the limitations is that you have to change the track by hand, as the UDP data does not provide enough details to allow track detection.

Cheers
Thanks a lot. I can't connect the AC from PS4 to your Telemetry tool. Do you have a guide to follow?

Thanks a lot. I can't connect the AC from PS4 to your Telemetry tool. Do you have a guide to follow?
With AC on PS4 It is quite straightforward.

In the Settings --> AC Settings
1) Mode to: UDP Only (consoles)
2) set AC UDP IP to be your PS4 IP address.

Save and restart. The limited data should come to the tool as you start a session.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Iko Rein updated Telemetry Tool for ACC with a new update entry:

Telemetry Tool for ACC

10.5 is here.

Biggest addition is system to sync your laptimes + basic lap data with a global database. When there is more data, I will add functionality to the Tool, which will allow you to compare your own times to the times of other users of the Telemetry Tool. The tool will ask consent for sending the data, when you start it for the first time.

For old installations run the 'Fix database' from the Tools menu as there were some car id issues introduced by the latest ACC release...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey,

I try to connect from my notebook (Linux) to relay (Windows) and each time I try to save ACC connection settings (Settings->ACC) I get "Relay settings were saved to null".

Should I create some directory on Linux for settings that it's possible to save them?
I am using the latest v10.5.

Btw great tool.

Last edited:
Aah, interesting situation. I thought I had handled it, but clearly wasn't.

On Linux, with ACC you can create file broadcasting.json on the place, where you have the ACC lapdata. E.g. in my system it would be:
~/Telemetry_for_RaceSims/lapdata/acc/broadcasting.json

Put into the broadcasting.json file the following content:
{
"updListenerPort": 9000,
"connectionPassword": "asdf",
"commandPassword": "asdf"
}

(and yes, it is updListenerPort, this is not typo).

Then you can use the ACC settings to save whatever password you need + change the port if necessary.

I will fix it so that the file can be written even if it didn't exists. This will be in the upcoming "bug fix" version 10.6.

Cheers.

Reactions: nmm
Brilliant app thank you. Is there a function and if not is it possible to program an 'event' or 'marker' input so the driver can highlight a specific part to review on telemetry? Future addition maybe?

Thanks again for an incredible app

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 315 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing