Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Tool for ACC 13.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Iko Rein submitted a new resource:

Telemetry tool for ACC - Telemetry Application Version 10 for ACC - Real-time and offline Telemetry and race strategy applic

The port of my Telemetry Tool for Assetto Corsa Competizione is here.

This version works now well also with Assetto Corsa Competizione.

I have developed this tool for many years for the F1 series, but lately have added support to other games, which I myself actively play.

This is the tool to make you drive faster regardless of your driving level.

The tool can be used both offline and real-time to analyze telemetry data, car behaviour and race history.

Key features:

• Compare...

Read more about this resource...

Hey, I'm running in a bit of trouble with your software, I managed to make it work fine about 2 days ago, and I wanted to use it again today, but when I get onto a track, the tool doesn't update and my game crashes about 10 seconds in. Got any idea what it could be? Thanks.

Hey, I'm running in a bit of trouble with your software, I managed to make it work fine about 2 days ago, and I wanted to use it again today, but when I get onto a track, the tool doesn't update and my game crashes about 10 seconds in. Got any idea what it could be? Thanks.

Hard to say.

With which car and which track is this happening? I tested with the latest version and it seems to be ok.

Cheers.

Works well for solo players, I found that when driving with a teammate (driver swap enduros) The data stream stops when I get out of the car. Is this a limitation of the game or something that might be able to be patched? So far this is the closest thing to what Im looking for for my multi driver endurance races, but the inability to manipulate data leaves me wanting for more :)

Works well for solo players, I found that when driving with a teammate (driver swap enduros) The data stream stops when I get out of the car. Is this a limitation of the game or something that might be able to be patched? So far this is the closest thing to what Im looking for for my multi driver endurance races, but the inability to manipulate data leaves me wanting for more :)

Yeah, the thing with ACC in changing the driver is that you will only get the data for your own "driver", i.e. when you swap the drivers, you will loose the access to the car physics data.

I haven't figured out the best way to handle this. One thing I have been thinking is that there would be special mode for ACC, where you can forward the data to one "central Telemetry", i.e. the race engineer system, which could receive data from several drivers.

Other option would be to provide an online based solution, where the data gets saved on AWS or Azure and one could view the other driver's data in real-time. But this then would be a paid solution, as running something on the cloud would require time and money investment.

I know there were some Brazilian endurance racers, who both run their own telemetry and shared the telemetry view over some tunneling/screen sharing solution with each other. That might be another option.

I will put this into my "thinking hat", but cannot quarantie anything tangible comes out.

Cheers.

Yeah, the thing with ACC in changing the driver is that you will only get the data for your own "driver", i.e. when you swap the drivers, you will loose the access to the car physics data.

I haven't figured out the best way to handle this. One thing I have been thinking is that there would be special mode for ACC, where you can forward the data to one "central Telemetry", i.e. the race engineer system, which could receive data from several drivers.

Other option would be to provide an online based solution, where the data gets saved on AWS or Azure and one could view the other driver's data in real-time. But this then would be a paid solution, as running something on the cloud would require time and money investment.

I know there were some Brazilian endurance racers, who both run their own telemetry and shared the telemetry view over some tunneling/screen sharing solution with each other. That might be another option.

I will put this into my "thinking hat", but cannot quarantie anything tangible comes out.

Cheers.
Cheers Iko for the quick response,

This was the same consensus that I came to, that non drivers are treated as spectators in game and are thus not allowed to view the car data (makes sense as a preventative to scalp others data)

Me and my teammates are also trying to come up with a viable solution, with some similar thought processes as yourself.

Hi, I installed your telemetry tool and watched the installation video to configure it. I am able to get telemetry fine. However, my firewall gave me a warning asking if I wanted to allow connections. Is this normal? It wasn't mentioned in your video, so I denied it. Since I am getting telemetry info I assume everything is ok, but wanted your input. Thanks!

Evening, I think i'm having the same issue as the above. I load the software and load the relay.bat but once i start ACC and click drive it just crashes everytime? any ideas?

Hi, I installed your telemetry tool and watched the installation video to configure it. I am able to get telemetry fine. However, my firewall gave me a warning asking if I wanted to allow connections. Is this normal? It wasn't mentioned in your video, so I denied it. Since I am getting telemetry info I assume everything is ok, but wanted your input. Thanks!

It will work ok, if you allow local connections.

At startup the tool checks for a new version from my private server. If there is no connnection to that server or it is blocked, that won't prevent the tool to work though.

Cheers.

Tool doesn't start properly anymore from yesterday to today. ACC_SharedMemory_Relay window opens but the tool-window itself is not visible, just the icon in the taskbar.

Until now the App functions very well, even the remote engineer option. BTW: Really a great idea!

I've downloaded it again but the same result with the fresh "installation". Anyone an idea?

Edit 1:
If I run the "runWin_ACC" batch file the App doesn't start (properly). If I use the "runWin" batch file the tool opens.

Edit 2:
It seems that the parameter "--game=ACC" is the problem.
Editing the "runWin.bat" with this parameter ("--game=ACC") leads to same negativ result.

Edit 3:
Firewall settings checked, no "false" settings.

Last edited:
Tool doesn't start properly anymore from yesterday to today. ACC_SharedMemory_Relay window opens but the tool-window itself is not visible, just the icon in the taskbar.

Until now the App functions very well, even the remote engineer option. BTW: Really a great idea!

I've downloaded it again but the same result with the fresh "installation". Anyone an idea?

Edit 1:
If I run the "runWin_ACC" batch file the App doesn't start (properly). If I use the "runWin" batch file the tool opens.

Edit 2:
It seems that the parameter "--game=ACC" is the problem.
Editing the "runWin.bat" with this parameter ("--game=ACC") leads to same negativ result.

Edit 3:
Firewall settings checked, no "false" settings.

Maybe the main window position was saved erroneously into the settings file.

Maybe you could try to delete (or just rename) the settings.xml and graph_settings files in the 'settings\acc' directory and retry to start the tool with the runWin_acc.bat.

For some reason the main window might reside in an "out of screen" area, so removing the settings files would reset this.

Cheers.

Great! That's it!!! A big thx!!! :)

Edit: btw. the values for x/y-position were set to x:32k, y:-32k (max. integer values?).

Interesting. I got that stuff happening quite some time ago on a dev version, but never with real production version. There are some checks that if the value is "out of bounds", the tool resets the main window position. I will do some checks on that for new version.

Just one question? Do you have multiple screens? If yes, what is the setup? I run 2 screen setup, where main screen is on the right and the Telemetry runs on the one on left. So if you have e.g. triple screen setup or screens on top of each other, I could do more testing with such setups.

Cheers.

Yes, I've two monitors. I do not have a "THAT" to use constellation. Most of the time, esp. if my remote-engineer is only, I let it run in the background of my main monitor. Hardly ever I let it run on monitor 2 and in that case I use the menu action to send it there.

Iko Rein updated Telemetry tool for ACC with a new update entry:

Telemetry tool for ACC

Hello,

New version of my Telemetry tool for ACC is here.

Notable ACC related fixes/additions
  • New Imola trackmap
  • New GT 2020 car data added
  • Updated ACC_Relay to 1.06. Use this version, as it adds + fixes somethings related to the Shared Memory specs.
  • Tyre temp + pressure traces added to the Telemetry, XY Plotter and Historgram. At the moment the tyre carcass and tyre temps are the same. If at some point in the future this changes in the game, the tool will adapt...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Iko Rein updated Telemetry tool for ACC with a new update entry:

Telemetry tool for ACC

New version 10.3.

Notable ACC additions:

• ACC: Editing data in the ACC Settings dialog will also adjust the relay settings, so you don't need to anymore edit the file.
  • ACC: Added calculations to show how long it takes to fix the car. This is in DRIVING and used also in the MAP's Pitstop window calculations.
Other additions
  • RACEINFO: Added "time lost due to pitstop" field to the laptime section. Also if in the session you need...

Read the rest of this update entry...

This tool is just great, but the documentation on how to run this on a different laptop is really confusing.
That said, I'd gladly pay a license if there was a nice step-by-step explanation on how to get this to work

Last edited:
This tool is just great, but the documentation on how to run this on a different laptop is really confusing.
That said, I'd gladly pay a license if there was a nice step-by-step explanation on how to get this to work

One note, you cannot get data from the Console version of ACC, as there is no data feed available. (If Kunos implements this, then I will add support for it).

This way you get data from the PC version of ACC to different computer :
  1. Install the Telemetry tool on the PC, where you run ACC (ACC PC). Do the normal install there so that you get the data from ACC to the Telemetry tool running on the same computer as ACC. Also Find the IP address of the laptop. (Either with ipconfig from commandline or with the Telemetry tool "Tools" -> "Show my IP Address".)
  2. Install Telemetry tool on the laptop. (Maybe test with the apps.FxFeed, that it can receive local data). Find the IP address of the laptop (LAPTOP_IP).
  3. On the ACC PC, in the Telemetry tool go 'Settings' --> 'ACC Settings'.
    1. Set the broadcast settings (and make a note for the values for yourself),
    2. leave the "Remote IP" as it is.
    3. Set as 'ACC Relay IP' the IP of the laptop (LAPTOP_IP above). Leave Port as it is.
    4. Save the settings.
  4. On the laptop, in the Telemetry tool go 'Settings' --> 'ACC Settings'.
    1. Set the broadcast settings to be same as in 3.1, i.e. in ACC PC's Telemetry tool settings
    2. Set the remote IP to be the ACC_PC's IP Address, you found at 1)
    3. If you changed in 3.3. the port, update the port here. Otherwise leave the data as it is.
    4. Save settings.
If the laptop is running Linux or Mac, then make sure, the "listening port" in 'Settings' --> 'Networking Settings' is same as the one, you set in 3.3. You can verify this by looking at the ACC_Relay start messages (on ACC PC) and then in the Laptop in Telemetry view press CTRL-I to see the info, which shows the active port.

Now we have the settings done (hopefully correctly).

When you start using the tool, start ACC_Relay on the ACC PC, then start ACC there too.

Start Telemetry tool on laptop. If settings are done correctly, It should 1) connect to the ACC running on ACC PC to request broadcast data and 2) receive the ACC_Relay data via UDP.

You can press CTRL-M on the laptop and you will see a message in the messagebox there, if the connection is successful.

I have tested this with Telemetry tool running in Virtual environment on Linux and the ACC running on the host Windows.

Cheers

PS. Other way is to enable the UDP_Redirect on the ACC PC. In 10.3 or earlier the Broadcast data forwarding has small bug in it (fixed in 10.4, planned release next weekend after new ACC version is out). Using the redirect you would run the Telemetry tool on ACC PC too, but forward the data to the Laptop. This might be easier way, but with ACC it will only be usefull after 10.4 is out.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 285 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years