Telemetry Hardware/Software

I think this would be a good sticky thread, what do you guys think.

What are you using for live telemetry? Is there hardware or software out there you really like to use. anything you are waiting on to support Assetto Corsa?

Currently I'm using:
Dashmeter Pro on Android for Assetto Corsa, I use it on my phone a Galaxy Note 3. It works ok i guess but i'm sure there are setups out there that are better and easier to use.

I have a suction cup mount that is meant for the windshield of my car and i stick it to a jewel (cd) case that is held down by whatever heavy object i have laying around. Not ideal by any stretch of the imagination.

Logitech G27 clamped to my $50 computer desk.
Leather Office Chair - "racing seat"

Would love to have a fanatec club sport with formula or bmw rim. I would like to get a racing seat first though.

Here is a screenshot of what dashmeter pro looks like on Android. It might not be available for iOS but i have heard of an app that is, probably heard about it here.

Thanks All and Happy Racing!
Eric

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 1,847
Yup, G27.

But I don't have the new display which you can actually mount towards the inside of the rim.

I got the older one, so I mounted it on top of the base with some small boxes in between to have it higher. I like my displays above the rim actually. :cool:

I'm thinking of getting DashMeter Pro for AC/PCars as I find the AC screen very cluttered. There are lots of gadgets on the market for holding your phone, I have one of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360-Rotat...6998?pt=UK_Holders_Mounts&hash=item20e55c54f6

It comes with an additional self adhesive plate that the turn dial suction can be mounted to.

IMG_7958_zps05ca9c17.jpg

I have Dashmeter pro for iRacing, although very good, and I use it on my phone, but it is a bit small & cluttered, thinking of getting a cheap 7" tablet to use it on, will get it for AC & GSCe then

By the way, a buddy of mine is currently developing his own tool for AC and pCARS which I'm certainly will be a lot cooler than DashMeter Pro.

Once that's out Imma point him to this forum as well. Or maybe sooner so we can perhaps get some beta impressions before. ;)

I'm thinking of getting DashMeter Pro for AC/PCars as I find the AC screen very cluttered. There are lots of gadgets on the market for holding your phone, I have one of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360-Rotat...6998?pt=UK_Holders_Mounts&hash=item20e55c54f6

It comes with an additional self adhesive plate that the turn dial suction can be mounted to.

IMG_7958_zps05ca9c17.jpg

Or if you have access to a 3D printer, a few hours later you could have a free stand / clamp. Lots of designs available online if you dont want to design your own.

I have Dashmeter pro for iRacing, although very good, and I use it on my phone, but it is a bit small & cluttered, thinking of getting a cheap 7" tablet to use it on, will get it for AC & GSCe then

the iracing one works with AC so no need to buy another copy.

I have Dashmeter Pro on a 10 inch android tablet. I created my own info screen so i have all the info i need right infront of me all the time.

Ive just installed it on my phone (S4) and its awesome.
Looked at second hand 7" tablets on the way home...

Ive played with the presets and tailored the info a bit. Hopefully its not too tricky to setup a totally custom GUI from scratch.

It's so much better on a tablet. I'm looking to order another mount and use my phone with it also.
Couldn't agree more. If all you are using it for is telemetry you don't need to spend a lot of money either a used 1st gen nexus 7 or something up on wood is perfect. I like the 7" size screens. 8.9 and 10" might be just a little big for me. Although I do have an Asus transformer laying around that i don't use

I think Andreas is referring my app for Racing Sims.
Is it allowed to post some informations about it here or is advertising not allowed?
I don't want to cause trouble as some forums are strict against it.

If you want some information I can post some with pictures of it.
Regards,
Sebastian

Sebastian what is the name of your app? I've found a few here and on the official forums.

Couldn't agree more. If all you are using it for is telemetry you don't need to spend a lot of money either a used 1st gen nexus 7 or something up on wood is perfect. I like the 7" size screens. 8.9 and 10" might be just a little big for me. Although I do have an Asus transformer laying around that i don't use
My tablet that I use for everything is 10" and it's great for having tire info and lap times but for my speed and rev lights I would like it on a smaller screen close to my wheel.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 118 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 88 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 62 6.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 126 13.7%