Telemetry Hardware/Software

I think this would be a good sticky thread, what do you guys think.

What are you using for live telemetry? Is there hardware or software out there you really like to use. anything you are waiting on to support Assetto Corsa?

Currently I'm using:
Dashmeter Pro on Android for Assetto Corsa, I use it on my phone a Galaxy Note 3. It works ok i guess but i'm sure there are setups out there that are better and easier to use.

I have a suction cup mount that is meant for the windshield of my car and i stick it to a jewel (cd) case that is held down by whatever heavy object i have laying around. Not ideal by any stretch of the imagination.

Logitech G27 clamped to my $50 computer desk.
Leather Office Chair - "racing seat"

Would love to have a fanatec club sport with formula or bmw rim. I would like to get a racing seat first though.

Here is a screenshot of what dashmeter pro looks like on Android. It might not be available for iOS but i have heard of an app that is, probably heard about it here.

Thanks All and Happy Racing!
Eric

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 1,847
The name is HUD Dash, but it's currently only available for the Simbim games and and for Project Cars.
I have a new one in development which works with all games in one app and has support for Assetto Corsa, but it's currently in BETA state and will be released soon.

Hmm, tried the Iracing one on AC, cant get it to work, any tips? :thumbsup:
There are 5 versions of DashMeterPro, one specific for iRacing. I have 3 of the five (don't own the iRacing or RBR versions) and I can use it on all of my primary racing sims.

AC/pCARS
rFactor - 1&2/GSCE
GTRx - RaceRoomExperience/DTM, Race07, other Simbin titles

I use on a Samsung Note II and find it very easy to read especially as it is very customizable - add only what you would like to monitor, size the objects, change the colors, etc. I have spent $22 for 3 versions and feel it was worth the cost.

I shipped the new HUD Dash app yesterday, bought the complete pack with support for all games. However, there's also a free but limited test version working solely with pCARS, I believe.

Will work on my layouts today during my lunch break. Looked great from what I have seen so far. :)

Looks like the days of DashMeter Pro are counted on my Nexus 7 :cool:

I shipped the new HUD Dash app yesterday, bought the complete pack with support for all games. However, there's also a free but limited test version working solely with pCARS, I believe.

Will work on my layouts today during my lunch break. Looked great from what I have seen so far. :)

Looks like the days of DashMeter Pro are counted on my Nexus 7 :cool:

Once you have it setup and looking sweet, post some shots, as the examples on Google Play look a bit, err, boring and limited - which I am sure it isnt if it's gonna knock Dashmeter Pro out the water :) Probably just because its new, we need some users to 'show it off' better.

Also what functionality it offers over and above DMP.

Once you have it setup and looking sweet, post some shots, as the examples on Google Play look a bit, err, boring and limited - which I am sure it isnt if it's gonna knock Dashmeter Pro out the water :) Probably just because its new, we need some users to 'show it off' better.

Also what functionality it offers over and above DMP.

German Audi works driver Rene Rast is using the software as shown in the video below. However, afaik he only had a few hours to deal with the final version before he took the video, so I doubt he fully explored all the settings or possible layouts.

Same boobs, just a different bra really.

If AC is ever capable of outputting some of that information im fairly sure DBP will also incorporate it.

Im gonna have a go at 3d printing an S4 holder to attach to my G27 so i can mount similar to that in the video :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%