Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Application 9.3c

Login or Register an account to download this content
Iko Rein submitted a new resource:

Telemetry Application - Telemetry application for F1 2019, F1 2018, Project Cars 2 and Dirt Rally 2.0

Hi,

New version for F1 2019.

This version also works with F1 2018, Project Cars 2 and Dirt Rally 2.0.

This is the tool to make you drive faster regardless of your driving level.

Key features:
  • Compare your own laps (speed, controls, forces, line driven etc) in graphs or visually
  • Save opponent telemetry from online races and compare them to your own laps (F1 2019 & F1 2018)
  • Save in Time Trial the Ghost lap's telemetry (F1 2019 & F1 2018)
  • Detailed telemetry from other...

Read more about this resource...

• Save in Time Trial the Ghost lap's telemetry (F1 2019 & F1 2018)
I never managed to get this working. Could you please show how to use it?
Here is a bit "long" how to. I will make a YouTube video out of this to my channel alongside the V9 intro.

First requirements, must have the Steam F1 2019 version and my Telemetry tool installed and it should receive data from the game.

I did the following shots by creating Test directory to my desktop, unzipped the V9 zip there and started the application with default settings with the runWin.bat. Run the game with keyboard to make it easy to take screenshots (8th gear all the time).

Then this is how I got the Ghost data.

1 go to settings Tool_go_settings.png

2 set the settings 2_set_the_values.png
Key thing is to have in
1) the All or Only Ghost in TT selected (this is off as it takes bit of space from disk, if you do a full 70 lap race and save all opponent laps, i.e. 19x70x200KB approx 300MB)
2) the Track and save race data enabled. If this is unchecked, the game is omitting all opponent data (to save memory).
3) feed mode can be F1 2019 or F1 2018.

3 In game enable the Ghost display 3_game_ghost_settings.png
If you dont enable the ghost settings here, there is not ghost data coming to the tool, thus no ghost data cannot be saved.

4 When you start driving you should see the opponent details, i.e. the best lap (here 106.3) 5_racetiming_data.png
Also you can see their live Telemetry of the lap, if this is working

5 When the ghost has finished its lap the data is saved into the opponents_data directory. 6_file_created.png
You can see the filename ghost_Italy_TT_DRY_106.276474_2019-06-30_toro_rosso
So a ghost for Italy Time Trial tt, lap time 106.276... on the 2019-06-30 date with Toro Rosso

6 You see I am approaching the finish an the Ghost (978) is already there. 7a_approaching_finish.xcf.png

7. Finished lap, Now I am doing a CTRL-R and go to the Test and the Opponent laps and load the ghost lap as Reference lap. 8_the_Ghost_file.png

8. Doing CTRL-i I can see the info of the loaded reference lap. 9_ghost_file_data.png
Some of the data makes no sense, as there is no Throttle data for the Ghost.

9 Now I do CTRL-L and load my fastest lap. You can see, I lost about 12 seconds by driving with keyboard and on 8th gear only. 12_ghost_file_as_reference_my_fastest_as_loaded_lap.png

Hope this helps.

Those using the RaceInfo tab during races, I did small changes there to make it easier to use all available fuel.

As you might have noticed, I collect the fuel use data for each fuel mix for the whole session.

So during the race, when you change fuel mix, you will see what is your average fuel usage on that session for the currently in use fuel mix.

The excess fuel is just a calculation of your average fuel usage against laps left and fuel left. (Note: The fuel for laps number in the game MFD is very close to the fuel use on STANDARD mode.)

During the last lap in my tool things change. If you change fuel mix, the excess fuel is calculated based on the active fuel mix. So it could be, like in this case, on Standard the estimate is I will have 0.22kg of fuel left at the end of the race, but if I changed to Rich, it became negative, thus I cannot run to the end of the race on Rich, but can use mix of Rich and Standard to fully empty the fuel tank.

V9_RaceInfo_notes.png

Happy fuel optimization

Is it possible to use this with the Xbox One version of F1 2019?

Yes, but you have to run the tool in a separate laptop or desktop.

In short, this is how you do it.

1) Install my tool to your laptop/desktop and start it with the runWin.bat. From the menu Tools/Settings select "Show my IP Address". This will open a pop-up, which will show the IP Address, where the Telemetry tool is running.

2) Enable the Telemetry from the Game settings: There is UDP Telemetry section. Set the UDP feed to F1 2019 and put into the IP Address the one you found at 1) (most likely if you are in your home lan, the IP address is something like 192.168.0.xxx, where xxx is something from 1 to 255).

3) Start playing. You should now be getting data to the Telemetry tool. E.g. check the Driving tab, that will have data immediately, when you start driving.

If you have issues, read more detailed description from the ReadMe.txt.

Cheers.

First off this is just a terrific piece of work - Thanks!!
Question - on the telemetry screen when you click on it to get a specific moment (vertical line) - how do you get rid of the line?
Second - a bug I think - I put on the brake diff - when I fire up the program it is not there - I click it off and then on again it reappears - where I had it originally. Not a big deal as it is easy to get it on the screen - but thought you should be aware - I use this on a Mac reading from a PS4.
One last item - what do I use to see if I have set the car height correctly and where/if I am dragging the plank on the ground?

Last edited:
Is there a way to get players names show up in multiplayer? (PC)

Sadly with F1 2019 Codemasters stopped providing the names. that is the reason, why in the tool I now show the team + an id number to at least someway to distinct the drivers (+ using different colors even if the online multiplayer car is being used).

The people at Codemasters said, they plan to find way to get the names back to the feed. The interim solution for them was to take the names away from also for PC players (this was already the case with PS and XBox players).

So lets see what they come up with later releases.

First off this is just a terrific piece of work - Thanks!!
Question - on the telemetry screen when you click on it to get a specific moment (vertical line) - how do you get rid of the line?
Second - a bug I think - I put on the brake diff - when I fire up the program it is not there - I click it off and then on again it reappears - where I had it originally. Not a big deal as it is easy to get it on the screen - but thought you should be aware - I use this on a Mac reading from a PS4.
One last item - what do I use to see if I have set the car height correctly and where/if I am dragging the plank on the ground?
1)
You get rid of the line by pressing the DEL key.

2)
It could be, that the brake diff does not get refreshed, but will be there from the point onwards, when you enabled it. I will check, if I can make it refresh when you enable it.

3)
For the ride height, this is my guess how you can detect if you are bottoming out. In the Telemetry open the G Vert graph. This is the vertical g-forces. So if you are bottoming out, then there is a negative peak. You could click that point to see, if it is in place, where you hit the curbs.

Then open the XY plotters (CTRL-9) to see the suspension position values.

Below is an example from Australia, where I hit the curbs/rumble strip on the exit of turn 12. The negative peaks are easy to see. So you would look to see something similar in non-curb/rumble strip place. Or maybe repeated max peaks bottoming at braking zones. I will play bit more on this to see, what is needed.
V9_plotters_suspension.png

If there is someone else, who can share insights, I would love to hear ideas, how to make this easier to detect.

Cheers

Sadly with F1 2019 Codemasters stopped providing the names. that is the reason, why in the tool I now show the team + an id number to at least someway to distinct the drivers (+ using different colors even if the online multiplayer car is being used).

The people at Codemasters said, they plan to find way to get the names back to the feed. The interim solution for them was to take the names away from also for PC players (this was already the case with PS and XBox players).

So lets see what they come up with later releases.

Alright, thanks for the reply. Hoping they sort it out.

For removing the reference line - I press the delete key and it doesn't do anything - tried the delete key in another program and it did work. On a Mac laptop... Mojave OS. Also doing this for F1 2019

Also set for Australia the ride height to 1 for both front and back and did a couple of laps. While I could definitely feel bumpiness in the FFB in the wheel - the charts looked very similar to the ones you produced above.

Thanks

Here is a bit "long" how to. I will make a YouTube video out of this to my channel alongside the V9 intro.

First requirements, must have the Steam F1 2019 version and my Telemetry tool installed and it should receive data from the game.

I did the following shots by creating Test directory to my desktop, unzipped the V9 zip there and started the application with default settings with the runWin.bat. Run the game with keyboard to make it easy to take screenshots (8th gear all the time).

Then this is how I got the Ghost data.

1 go to settings View attachment 312844

2 set the settings View attachment 312836
Key thing is to have in
1) the All or Only Ghost in TT selected (this is off as it takes bit of space from disk, if you do a full 70 lap race and save all opponent laps, i.e. 19x70x200KB approx 300MB)
2) the Track and save race data enabled. If this is unchecked, the game is omitting all opponent data (to save memory).
3) feed mode can be F1 2019 or F1 2018.

3 In game enable the Ghost display View attachment 312837
If you dont enable the ghost settings here, there is not ghost data coming to the tool, thus no ghost data cannot be saved.

4 When you start driving you should see the opponent details, i.e. the best lap (here 106.3) View attachment 312838
Also you can see their live Telemetry of the lap, if this is working

5 When the ghost has finished its lap the data is saved into the opponents_data directory. View attachment 312839
You can see the filename ghost_Italy_TT_DRY_106.276474_2019-06-30_toro_rosso
So a ghost for Italy Time Trial tt, lap time 106.276... on the 2019-06-30 date with Toro Rosso

6 You see I am approaching the finish an the Ghost (978) is already there. View attachment 312840

7. Finished lap, Now I am doing a CTRL-R and go to the Test and the Opponent laps and load the ghost lap as Reference lap. View attachment 312841

8. Doing CTRL-i I can see the info of the loaded reference lap. View attachment 312842
Some of the data makes no sense, as there is no Throttle data for the Ghost.

9 Now I do CTRL-L and load my fastest lap. You can see, I lost about 12 seconds by driving with keyboard and on 8th gear only. View attachment 312843

Hope this helps.
Thanks, I'll give it a go.

For removing the reference line - I press the delete key and it doesn't do anything - tried the delete key in another program and it did work. On a Mac laptop... Mojave OS. Also doing this for F1 2019

Also set for Australia the ride height to 1 for both front and back and did a couple of laps. While I could definitely feel bumpiness in the FFB in the wheel - the charts looked very similar to the ones you produced above.

Thanks
Hi,
I have been player around a bit. I think adding a "min peak" line to the xy plotter would be one way to visually detect, if the peaks are all at the same level, i.e. you are bottoming out on those points or just going very low. I think also adding the suspension graphs to the Telemetry would be good way to make it easier to visually see the different corners and how they are behaving.

Cheers.

can you help?

"
Run 'bash runMacBash.sh' from the install directory. If you want to create a launcher, you can see what to put into the launcher from the runMac.sh.
"

Where is the install directory?

can you help?

"
Run 'bash runMacBash.sh' from the install directory. If you want to create a launcher, you can see what to put into the launcher from the runMac.sh.
"
Where is the install directory?

Install directory is the place, where you unzipped the downloaded .zip file. For examle it could be in Desktop under Telemetry.

Under that directory there is bin/mac directory, where you can find the Zulu JRE packet. Untar it into the mac/bin directory, so the Java executable is in the bin directory.

Now you should be able to run the "bash runMac.sh" from the install directory.

Cheers.

I need help, nothing appears on the telemetry tool. I run the tool on a computer and F1 2019 on Xbox. Going into Tool/Settings I click into Show My IP Adress and I put that number into the game. Game settings are:

UDP Telemetry: Yes
UDP Transmission: No
UDP IP Adress: 192.***.***.***
UDP Port: 20777
Frequence: 60 Hz (telemetry tool doesn't work with 30Hz too)
Format: 2019

What should I do? Thanks

I need help, nothing appears on the telemetry tool. I run the tool on a computer and F1 2019 on Xbox. Going into Tool/Settings I click into Show My IP Adress and I put that number into the game. Game settings are:

UDP Telemetry: Yes
UDP Transmission: No
UDP IP Adress: 192.***.***.***
UDP Port: 20777
Frequence: 60 Hz (telemetry tool doesn't work with 30Hz too)
Format: 2019

What should I do? Thanks

Seems valid, but what is the UDP transmission? Is there any help on XBOX what it means? In PC version (1.05) there is no such option, only the 'broadcast' option.

Maybe the 'UDP Transmission' should be on too. Have you tried it with that on?

Cheers

Seems valid, but what is the UDP transmission? Is there any help on XBOX what it means? In PC version (1.05) there is no such option, only the 'broadcast' option.

Maybe the 'UDP Transmission' should be on too. Have you tried it with that on?

Cheers

I think my translation was wrong, sorry. Is not UDP transmission but UDP Broadcast. Set it to No.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 142 13.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 105 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 144 13.8%