Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Application 6.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello Iko,
We would like to ask you, if there are new innovations in your mod. Will there be an update for F1 2017? A nice feature would be if you could put the registers (like "Telemetry", "Race Info", ...) on a shortcut button on the steering wheel. It would also be helpful if the sector times of the drivers were always visible in the register "Race Timing", just like in the time table of the game. Is this possible?
Best regards clintwood

Thanks for this great application.

I still don't understand from your instructions on the first page, how to actually let my friend on a different pc in a different location access my telemetry.

What I want to do:

I run F1 2017.
I run telemetry with redirect on

he runs telemetry (one instance)

what are the settings i need to use on

F1 2017: 127.0.0.1?
MY telemetry: in_ip 127.0.0.1 and listening port 20777 (i.e. default?)
MY telemetry: out_1_ip and out_1_port?

HIS telemetry: in_ip ???? and listening port ????

what i don't understand is which way the data is sent. does my pc act as a server that his client can read, or does my pc act as a server and sends data which his client can receive. obviously this changes whose ports need to be open.

I was wondering if the map view to see driving lines could be improved as current lap line is same color as old lines all grey and after a few laps you couldn't interpret anything anymore. Perhaps a cyan current lap line, and a pair of colors for a loaded lap (reference) and previous lap. For AI, i guess the last 50 to 100 plots of current lap could be a a certain color to visualize difference against the green AI line

What i don't understand is which way the data is sent. does my pc act as a server that his client can read, or does my pc act as a server and sends data which his client can receive. obviously this changes whose ports need to be open.
The telemetry app does the rebroadcasting of your telemetry. so you'd change this part
Code:
<entry key="out_1">true</entry>
<!-- UDP_1 redirect IP -->
<entry key="out_1_ip">his.ext.ip.addy</entry>
<!-- UDP_1 redirect PORT -->
<entry key="out_1_port">20776 or his port to open on his router</entry>
and he'd port forward on his router.

Last edited:
Hello Iko,
We would like to ask you, if there are new innovations in your mod. Will there be an update for F1 2017? A nice feature would be if you could put the registers (like "Telemetry", "Race Info", ...) on a shortcut button on the steering wheel. It would also be helpful if the sector times of the drivers were always visible in the register "Race Timing", just like in the time table of the game. Is this possible?
Best regards clintwood

The tool only receives data from the game. So getting it integrated with a steering wheel is not possible.

I am not sure, how deep into the "race data" I want to dive.

Key target for the tool for me is to enable the Telemetry data collection and provide tools to make the driver (i.e me) to learn and thus be faster, in less time than what it would take, if I just drive around blind without the Telemetry.

I have been thinking of rewriting the UI part of the tool. If I do it, then there might be some "race data" related screens, which make it easier to manage the race. But as this is a hobby and developed on my limited free time, I cannot promise any super great additions. Originally I developed this just for me, but decided to share it as there were no such tool or tool I really like for the earlier versions in the F1 series.

Cheers.

Does someone have a solid tutorial for this?

I can´t get the installation done :(
Check the ReadMe.txt in the .zip. It has very detailed instructions, how to do it.

And in the old discussions for the earlier version for earlier games there also has been plenty of discussions, so you might want to check them too.

Cheers.

I was wondering if the map view to see driving lines could be improved as current lap line is same color as old lines all grey and after a few laps you couldn't interpret anything anymore. Perhaps a cyan current lap line, and a pair of colors for a loaded lap (reference) and previous lap. For AI, i guess the last 50 to 100 plots of current lap could be a a certain color to visualize difference against the green AI line

Making the current lap line different color is doable. Also prev lap. But it requires a bit of thinking and rewriting, but I will look into that.

At the moment the RED LINE and BLUE LINE should have different color, but if you have driven a lot of laps, it is bit messy.

Getting the other cars lines might be nice, but most likely it will make the screen pretty messy. I will also look at this, if there would a way to make this work in the current model.

Cheers.

Hello everyone. First of all...great app! I'm really enjoying being able to record and study my telemetry. One question I have is whether anyone in these forums ever shares their hot laps for others to download and use as a reference lap. The issue I have is that I want to improve, but I want to improve relative to someone who is laying down faster times than I am. I will hit an improvement ceiling if I'm only using my own reference lap. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Hey, first great App, really helping me a lot.

I have a bit of a feature request or maybe an idea. You have in the "Race Info" tab an element which is called "Average Fuel Usage in last lap" (or something alike). Could you have something like that for tires as well? The idea could be expanded as well with an estimation how long the tires are gonna last, like with the fuel (I think you called it "Remaining Fuel per Lap").

I'm up for debate if you have something similar in mind or have this planed for the '18 version.

Thanks again for the app!

-E

Last edited:
For this I don't want to make a full release, but I sent you a PM, how to get this done. If there are other league racers wanting this too, please let me know and I will PM you too.

Cheers, Iko

Hi, I'm interested about changing name as East Clintwood because I'm in a racing league and using real name is pretty cool. But I can't write you because you have a limited profile.

Hi again Iko.
The UDP data for F1 2018 has been published.
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/136948/f1-2018-udp-specification
Good luck making the app for the new game, if you do make one. :)

EDIT: Also it's confirmed the data is now streamed in Spectator and Replay Modes.

I am working on a release using the old data format. Need to iron out some small details related to the the new version.

I have already taken a look into the new data format and might incorporate it to the future versions.

Cheers

Hi, I play on the Xbox One with F1 2018, so I have the 7.1 version of the Telemetry application that works for F1 2018.
I have no idea on what to do for make this application work.
I run this application on my pc, and play on xbox one.
I have downloaded Java 8, put the folder in Windows C (unzipped) and the options on the game are:

UDP Telemetry: Yes
UDP transmission mode: No
Ip adress: I don't know if I have to put 127.0.0.1 or my pc's IP
UDP port: 20777 (Or do I have to put 8002 ? Or anything else?)
Frequence: 20hz
Format: Legacy

Please help, I'm not good at using PC's so I really need someone that tells me what to do..

Last edited:
Hi, I play on the Xbox One with F1 2018, so I have the 7.1 version of the Telemetry application that works for F1 2018.
I have downloaded Java 8, put the folder in Windows C (unzipped) and the options on the game are:

Please help, I'm not good at using PC's so I really need someone that tells me what to do..
You should've posted in F1 2018 tool topic... (Not F1 2017)
But just to say, IP is your computer's IP (on local network) since you're sending data from your Xbox, UDP is default (20777), Frequency preferably at 60 Hz. If that doesn't work, you can also try turning on Broadcast (transmission mode) - might help.

Mantas already gave you good advise.

You need to find the PCs network address. It is most likely something like 192.168.0.xxx, where xxx you need to find out. On a win PC you can type
ipconfig
which will output something like this
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : .......
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.XXX
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : ...
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
where the XXX is what you need to put on the XBOX, where it should send out the data.

Cheers.

I don't know why but after few laps the telemetry app just freezes.
Hmm, on what kind of system do you run the Telemetry tool. If it is an old laptop/limited on memory, you might want to 1) reduce the allowed memory with -Xmx option (see the ReadMe.txt), and 2) reduce the delta accuracy and 3) reduce the CPU usage (in settings) and 4) run the tool on Race Info and then use the saved data offline for analysis.

If you still play F1 2018, I might still go and take the 9.2 version and use it. It should be much stabler version.

Cheers.

Thanks for answer. I run it on Windows 10 with 16 GB of memory so I don't think this problem is connected with limited memory. 9.2 version will be compatible with F1 2017?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%