Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Application 6.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
great work, my friend ...
Could the windows (see example register "Driving Info") be equipped with a scroll bar? My monitor has a resolution of 1920x1080 and the lower part is cut off.
Many thanks ... tele.PNG

great work, my friend ...
Could the windows (see example register "Driving Info") be equipped with a scroll bar? My monitor has a resolution of 1920x1080 and the lower part is cut off.
Many thanks ...View attachment 213046

I have been thinking that for a while. I might actually move that data to the Statistics tab and redo the whole Statistics section. The Statistics tab is still in the almost the same state, as when I started developing the tool. I think it was the first tab on the tool, which I got working for F1 2012.

Cheers

Hi,
How can you use it for your benefit? Don't you need someone to compare your laps with?

Well you can learn a lot by just looking at your laps, when you compare two different laps.

• Did you brake at the same point?
  • Did you brake the same way?
  • Did you turn same way in and out of the corner?
  • Did you use same gear?
  • What was the speed at the end of the next straight?
  • And what was the difference in terms of time between these two different ways of driving.
  • And how much free roll you have, is it 10+% of lap or <0.1% of lap.
My guess is that most drivers are not consistent on every lap and can learn a lot from looking at their own data, i.e. what worked and what not, where they driving or coasting etc. Quick test is to use the Driver DNA tab, driver some laps, then load your laps and see if your braking or even gear changes are consistent.

If you are always hitting the same braking point, hitting the apex same way, changing gears on almost identical spots, hitting same speed at the end of the next straight and you cannot go any faster, then it would be nice to see the data from other drivers, like they do in F1, i.e. you can compare yourself to the other driver in the team. And the teams don't have telemetry from the other teams either, although their systems collect a lot of the data and they can guess pretty much the braking points, gear changes etc from the data provided.

So yes, it would be beneficial to see other payers' data, if you are very good. For any normal/standard sim-driver comparing yourself to yourself and then maybe chasing the ghost car and then looking at your own telemetry will make you better and it will make you better faster.

And I guess that now with the F1 2017 entering the e-sports, you could expect there will be teams where people will share their telemetry and settings and they can learn a lot from the data of others, when the last milliseconds are being squeezed out.

Cheers

Last edited:
Not possible. The game (as per Codemasters) cannot send out personal information, so you cannot get that info out from the game, thus my tool cannot show it.

Cheers

Could this not be done as a manual rename in your tool itself? Have a setting for the user to enter a custom TLA, and then the application replaces the default PLAYER with?

Thank you guys!

Do you know why I'm having wheelspin as I'm braking? is it a lock up?

Thanks

Yes, it is lock up or skid, i..e the speed of the wheels is less than the speed of the car. it is negative compared to the wheelspin, i..e when wheels spin faster than the car.

Cheers.

Could this not be done as a manual rename in your tool itself? Have a setting for the user to enter a custom TLA, and then the application replaces the default PLAYER with?

Good idea, that is something I can do. I will most likely incorporate that to the 6.2, which should come out, when the F1 2017 v1.8 is out.

Cheers.

Hi,
How can I set up the app to forward the UDP feed to other IP addresses?
Thanks...
For detailed settings, check my message, which is the last in the first page.

In short, you need to
1) in the settings.xml file set (by hand, e.g. with Notepad++) the out_1 to be true and
2) then edit the out_1_ip
3) and out_1_port to point where you want to forward the feed.

You can do the same with out_2, if you want to forward the feed to 2 IP addresses..

Cheers

Last edited:
How to do multi screen with the Telemetry Application?

There have been some requests for this and now with 6.1 with the UDP feed redirect here is one solution using that.

Here is how it could look at your screen.
My current typical race setting:
View attachment 212933

And another if you are e.g. race engineer for someone else playing online:
View attachment 212934

So how to get something like this accomplished. This is how I did it.

1) Have a working installation of the Telemetry Application

2) Modify the settings.xml file on that above working installation (in settings directory).

<!-- UDP traffic redirect options -->
<!-- UDP_1 redirect active -->
<entry key="out_1">true</entry>
<!-- UDP_1 redirect IP -->
<entry key="out_1_ip">127.0.0.1</entry>
<!-- UDP_1 redirect PORT -->
<entry key="out_1_port">20778</entry>
<!-- UDP traffic redirect 2 options -->
<!-- UDP_2 redirect active -->
<entry key="out_2">true</entry>
<!-- UDP_2 redirect IP -->
<entry key="out_2_ip">127.0.0.1</entry>
<!-- UDP_2 redirect PORT -->
<entry key="out_2_port">20779</entry>

This redirects the UDP traffic to two different ports on the same computer, where the installation at 1) resides. (You could direct these to two different computers as well, you you have such an installation.)
3) Extract the Telemetry.zip to two locations, I have telemetry_out1 and telemetry_out2 directories, which contain 2 more installations. I set the the Telemetry Application in directory telemetry_out1 to listen to the port 20778 and the other in telemetry_out2 to listen to port 20779. For this you have to start both instances once and modify the settings via the General Settings or save the settings and the modify the files by hand (with e.g. Notepad).

4) Start the 1) and then the out1 and out2 instances and the game. When you play the game, both out1 and out2 should receive the data. If not, you did something wrong. :)

5) As an additional thing, you can turn of the tabs, you don't want (see the images). You can also remove the menu bar, if you don't like that. There are settings for these in the settings.xml file in the settings directory.

Cheers

AWESOME!!! Thanks so much.

Another question.... how much would I have to donate to get you to make a Project Cars 2 app on Java lol. Reason I ask is everything is for the PC or android.

How to record your race with the Telemetry Tool?

For detailed settings, check my message, which is the last in the first page.

In short, you need to
1) in the settings.xml file set (by hand, e.g. with Notepad++) the out_1 to be true and
2) then edit the out_1_ip
3) and out_1_port to point where you want to forward the feed.

You can do the same with out_2, if you want to forward the feed to 2 IP addresses..

Cheers
Thanks!

Thanks for this amazing application!!
I have a question - I am trying to get telemtry to show up on my macbook. I am on the same network as pc that runs F1 2017 thus I have the same IP (example: 212.3.193.70) on both computers.
Set IP in game to 212.3.193.70 and port to 20777
On mac in telemetry settings changed IP to 212.3.193.70 as well as to correct port.
Unfortunately this did not work.

Set IP in game to local 127.0.0.1 with port 20777
On pc opened telemetry settings and set to redirect traffic to 212.3.193.70 with port 20776.
Opened telemetry app on pc and waited to receive some data.
Then changed settings on mac to listen to 212.3.193.70 with 20776 port.
This somewhat worked, but it was a bit slow.

What am I doing wrong in the first attempt? Should I leave in game IP to local?

AWESOME!!! Thanks so much.

Another question.... how much would I have to donate to get you to make a Project Cars 2 app on Java lol. Reason I ask is everything is for the PC or android.

I just quickly looked at the feed from Project Cars 2 data and it seems quite a bit work to get my tool to work with it. If I wouldn't be having a full-full time job, I could do it. Now I am just too taxed in terms of time to adjust my tool for other games. Sorry.

Cheers.

Thanks for this amazing application!!
I have a question - I am trying to get telemtry to show up on my macbook. I am on the same network as pc that runs F1 2017 thus I have the same IP (example: 212.3.193.70) on both computers.
Set IP in game to 212.3.193.70 and port to 20777
On mac in telemetry settings changed IP to 212.3.193.70 as well as to correct port.
Unfortunately this did not work.

Set IP in game to local 127.0.0.1 with port 20777
On pc opened telemetry settings and set to redirect traffic to 212.3.193.70 with port 20776.
Opened telemetry app on pc and waited to receive some data.
Then changed settings on mac to listen to 212.3.193.70 with 20776 port.
This somewhat worked, but it was a bit slow.

What am I doing wrong in the first attempt? Should I leave in game IP to local?

Are you on a public network or something or at home? Typically at home you have the wifi/network router between your computers and the Internet and then each computer in your own network have their own IP (typically something like 192.168.0.xxx).

And even if you are on a public newtwork, your macbook and pc shouldn't have the same IP address. My guess is that 212.3.193.70 is the IP address you have from your provider and then in your local home network the IP address is different. So on the PC you can type in the command prompt 'ipconfig'. This will tell you the PC's ip address. And on mac you write 'ifconfig' in Terminal, which should tell you the IP address of the macbook.

Now to send the traffic from the game to macbook, you need to set the IP address you found above with the 'ifconfig' command in the Game's UDP Telemetry.

Cheers, Iko

Are you on a public network or something or at home? Typically at home you have the wifi/network router between your computers and the Internet and then each computer in your own network have their own IP (typically something like 192.168.0.xxx).

And even if you are on a public newtwork, your macbook and pc shouldn't have the same IP address. My guess is that 212.3.193.70 is the IP address you have from your provider and then in your local home network the IP address is different. So on the PC you can type in the command prompt 'ipconfig'. This will tell you the PC's ip address. And on mac you write 'ifconfig' in Terminal, which should tell you the IP address of the macbook.

Now to send the traffic from the game to macbook, you need to set the IP address you found above with the 'ifconfig' command in the Game's UDP Telemetry.

Cheers, Iko

Thanks Iko!
Now it works like a charm!

Hi, do you know how could I extract the main lap data (mainly timing) from multiple csv files and get them together in an excel sheet? I would like to have a single sheet collecting that for lap comparison with different car setting. Something similar to the attached pic. Thanks

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 220
Hi, do you know how could I extract the main lap data (mainly timing) from multiple csv files and get them together in an excel sheet? I would like to have a single sheet collecting that for lap comparison with different car setting. Something similar to the attached pic. Thanks

Well, first the bad news. The game doesn't export the car settings in the UDP feed, so you cannot get them from the .csv files.
  • For the timing, you would need to do some scripting. The first line in each .csv file contains the basic settings, i.e. which car, event and if it was dry or wet. It also contains date + time and the laptime + which lap the data is for. So you could parse the first line with some, maybe some linux type 'head -1' and then a script to parse the header.
  • The second line contains the headers, so you could check, which columns you need.
  • The third line contains first data for the lap. Here you could find the starting values for tyre wear and fuel (fuel at start is bugged, but fuel remaining is good way to calculate the fuel use)
  • Then the last line of the .csv contains all data, you need, i.e. sector times (s1 & s2, s3 must be calculated from laptime - s1 - s2), tyre compound, fuel mix (at the end of lap), you could find the tyre wear per lap, it is the tw_lr (TyreWear_LeftRight). To get the last line, you could use some linux type command a'la 'tail -1'.
I have not done much scripting, but someone well versed would be most likely do it in few hours. Maybe if you could import all the .csv files into a database and use first line as metadata and second line as header line, then you could most likely do the reporting/analysis pretty easily even if your needs change.

Cheers.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back