Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Application 5.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Iko Rein submitted a new resource:

Telemetry Application 5.0 - New version of the Telemetry application. This one is meant only for F1 2016

Updated version of my Telemetry Application adapted to F1 2016.

This is the first release for F1 2016, I have tested it for about 10 hours and fixed most of the bugs caused by the new data and the changes in the output data.

This application is written in Java, so you can run it on almost any computer, where Java 8 is installed.

I hope you enjoy this.

//Iko

PS. Please see the ReadMe.txt for detailed installation instructions.

Please also note that to get the telemetry feed from F1...

Read more about this resource...

Downloaded your program with both Firefox and Chrome but when I try to extract, I get an error message saying zip file is empty.

Attachments

• empty.jpg
    empty.jpg
    288.2 KB · Views: 476
I got that message when I tried to use the standard extractor built in to Windows. I used 7Zip to unpack it.

Hmm, strange. I downloaded it via Chrome on my other computer with no issues.

You can check that the package is correct with this data:
---------------------------
Checksum information
Name: Telemetry_v5.0.zip
Size: 4593532 bytes (4 MB)

SHA256: 9480A221AFF745F34BBA8A6BA6E88324D0B816E13E4E148F9D01D3FD2B152C84

//Iko

Do you maybe have a better resolution screenshot of the actual telemetry screen? I want to see what it covers exactly, but I can't read all the blurry text.

Thanks in advance.

Do you maybe have a better resolution screenshot of the actual telemetry screen? I want to see what it covers exactly, but I can't read all the blurry text.

Thanks in advance.
Here is a screen shot how I use it.

You can set the position and height of each item and you can also decide, which data you want to see.

You can see basic data, like speed, gear etc + wheel speed, brake temps, suspension position and suspension speed. And there is also the delta, if you have live or loaded lap, so you can easily see, how different actions affect to the lap time.

Telemetry_panel_v5.1_b.png

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Application 5.0 with a new update entry:

New version of the Telemetry application. Fixes online event related bugs

Hello,

New version is here. This one takes advantage of the new data in the data feed.
  • better Track detection
  • better event detection (value from the game)
  • fixed bug (from the game), which messed up the data received during an online event.
  • fixed the Singapore track map
  • Small fixes here and there
The SHA256 key for the package is here:
Checksum information
Name: Telemetry_v5.1.zip
Size: 4818340 bytes (4 MB)...

Read the rest of this update entry...

The biggest issue I fixed with the new version was that if you do on-line events, when the sector changes, the parts of the data output from the game gets messed up.
This failed my tool so that the lapdata was not written or it was written only partially. I have now fixed this + asked Codemasters to look at why it happens.

Is there documentation somewhere about the inner workings of Codesmasters' stuff (an SDK perhaps) to be able to do these types of things? Or did you learn about the outputs through trial and error and just trying to make sense of the data it was dumping on the port? Do they produce other data on other ports? Do they listen as well as talk on the ports? I think the license with F1 might have some effect on what they can allow the general public to do.

Is there documentation somewhere about the inner workings of Codesmasters' stuff (an SDK perhaps) to be able to do these types of things? Or did you learn about the outputs through trial and error and just trying to make sense of the data it was dumping on the port? Do they produce other data on other ports? Do they listen as well as talk on the ports? I think the license with F1 might have some effect on what they can allow the general public to do.

I don't know about the SDK and I doubt if there is any publicly available. I know there are some accessory manufacturers, who use the output data, like the D-BOX Motion Systems.

When I started in 2012, I first just looked around, what others had found out about the data feed from the Codemasters games. Then I just went on and started playing around with the data to see, what can be done with the data.

When new version comes out, I look at the data stream, if a) there is more fields and b) if the content of some fields has changed. So basically it is just standard research.

I haven't looked, if there is data made available through other ports or if the game opens other ports though. On my quick glance earlier, the game opens TCP and UDP connections via Steam, but I haven't checked, what happens with those connections.

I think around 2013 there was one tool, which actually hooked to the game on memory level and pulled out data, which wasn't available through the feed. The developer had build a .dll, which did the magic.

Is there a chance you could share the structure of what you have found so far? I'm assuming they only send one packet type, or can it vary (like Project Cars that has 3 packet types)?

I'm having an issue with loading data from a file. I either just get about the last 1/3 of a lap, or I get flat lines for all inputs.

When this data is live it is ok, it's just loading it from the .csv files afterwards that causes problems.

That happens when you try to use the built-in unzipping program that comes with Windows. Use 7Zip.

Thanks. Did that but still can't open. Get the files:
html_boot
tracks
XML Document
Text Document
.jar file

was looking for a .exe but didn't see one. When I try to open the .jar, it gives me many options to open with, but none work. I have Java. I may try re-installing Java 8. Maybe it needs an update.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 117 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 302 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing