Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Application 4.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Amazing app, thank you.

Can you enumerate the corners in track map at the bottom right of Telemetry tab? When my dad is racing I need to help him pointing the corners that he can improve, if it had numbers I just need to tell him the corner number. It would help a lot the comunication.

I can look into this. There no such data and I don't know if it could be automated (the preferred way) but of course I could add the data and put that into the tool somehow. I would most likely need to look at the real maps to see, how the corners have been numbered.

Another thing thats happening to me: In Hungary track, the DRS sector 2 is not being shown in DRS Graph Line.

I haven't seen that myself. If the DRS line is not there, then you most likely did not use it ;-). On serious note, Does it happen all the time on Hungary? Or only on the fastest lap you have driven?

Just some question:

- Is there some way to run it on Android?
- When I select Fastest Lap (BLUE) and Previous Lap (RED) I can see my TimeDiff, but when I go to garage the TimeDiff graph disappear. Is it normal?
- Can I only see my lap times?
- Whats the difference between "session fastest" and "fastest lap"?

Thank you

I don't know, if you can run it on Android. I think Android has it's own Java implementation, so it might work or it might not. I don't have Android Tablet (yet), so I cannot test this.

For the disappearing TimeDiff graph, I need to investigate that. It could be, that the TimeDiff graph resets for some reason, when you go to garage.

You can see only your laptimes. The game only provides player's own data. Of course if I would have plenty of time and money available, I could create a server hosted on e.g. Amazon, where you could connect and then share your laptimes realtime and then the tool could show you the graphs of other drivers.

If you play with your father, you could share the fastest lap files and then you could search his ghost lap and load his fastest lap as 'Offline Reference Lap' (CTRL-R in the tool), so you could compare your driving agains the Ghost Telemetry.

Session fastest is the fastest time during e.g. the same Time Trial, fastest time is the all-time fastest lap stored.

//Cheers

Last edited:
Iko Rein updated Telemetry Application with a new update entry:

Small fixes here and there

Hello,

Here is new version. It contains small fixes here and there.

Key changes
  • Telemetry tab: Fixed fuel usage graph for fastest/offline lap
  • Telemetry tab: Fixed the disappearing timediff graph, when going to the garage in Time Trial
  • Graph tab: Made Friction circle the default graph
  • Fixed F1 PerfView saving for offline laps
  • Plenty of cleaning and small fixes here and there
  • Rage Info tab: Added fuel usage chart
  • Race Info tab: Added option to sort the data by...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thank you Iko

After the last patch my telemetry doesnt work anymore, is it happens only with me or not?

Yep, it seems that with the latest game patch the hardware_settings_config.xml gets overwritten, when you start the game for the first time after the update. At least that is what it did to me. Just re-enable the feed there and it all should be fine.

//Iko

<udp enabled="false" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20777" />

I have multiple entries to modify, is it normal?
Do I have to modify in "true" every entry in order to get the telemetry app to work?

I have multiple entries to modify, is it normal?
Do I have to modify in "true" every entry in order to get the telemetry app to work?
Yes, it is normal. Now the games let's you direct the data feed to several addresses.

When enabling, changing one line is enough. (Actually i haven't tried, what happens if you enable them all).

//Cheers.

Hi

Is it possible to change the x axis to time rather than distance (which I think it is) as would be easier to tune the car?

Thanks
You are correct, i.e. on the 'Telemetry' tab the x-axis is distance.

You can do what you want on the 'Graphs' tab, i.e. you can set the x-axis to be Laptime and then set the y-axis to be any value you desire.

Setting laptime as the x-axis on the 'Telemetry' would make it impossible or at least very hard to compare two laps, as e.g. the braking points would be at different x-axis points. If you look at the Monaco Telemetry Sheet at ScabsF1, you see that the real-world data also uses distance as x-axis.

Just a notice, the Telemetry app worked quite fine with the F1 2016 Closed Beta. :p Of course, there were some bugs, but in general it worked nicely.

I would expect it to work nicely. The issues I think I need to check are:
  1. The automatic track detection (I use track length from the game + game data for that) and
  2. The Baku track map, which I need to create, when the game has been released (or if I could get access to the Closed Beta, then I can create it earlier.)
  3. If there is new telemetry data added to the feed or if the feed content has changed. I doubt this, as there was big change to F1 2015, and the engine is same for F1 2016
I will to do a version for F1 2016. I am moving to Singapore at the end of June and expect to have my desktop there mid July. So if the game is being released before mid July, it might take bit longer, but if the game is released after mid July, then I expect to be able to put out new initial version 2-3 days after the release.

Thank you for the heads-up.

I would expect it to work nicely. The issues I think I need to check are:
  1. The automatic track detection (I use track length from the game + game data for that) and
  2. The Baku track map, which I need to create, when the game has been released (or if I could get access to the Closed Beta, then I can create it earlier.)
  3. If there is new telemetry data added to the feed or if the feed content has changed. I doubt this, as there was big change to F1 2015, and the engine is same for F1 2016
I will to do a version for F1 2016. I am moving to Singapore at the end of June and expect to have my desktop there mid July. So if the game is being released before mid July, it might take bit longer, but if the game is released after mid July, then I expect to be able to put out new initial version 2-3 days after the release.

Thank you for the heads-up.
What exact data would you need? I think I could maybe provide you something :) Regarding your points, 1) I'll try checking this; 2) Closed Beta only have Spain, Austria and Australia (no Baku files); 3) It seemed similar to me also, maybe a few new points of data...

What exact data would you need? I think I could maybe provide you something :) Regarding your points, 1) I'll try checking this; 2) Closed Beta only have Spain, Austria and Australia (no Baku files); 3) It seemed similar to me also, maybe a few new points of data...

I just looked the 2015 data and remembered, that to get the data for my tool, I had to drive around each track and collect the data from the log files.

Last year there was no readily available .erp extraction tool, but if the last year's tool quick extraction tool works with F1 2016, I might get some of the data from the data files directly.

So the best help would be to drive around and if there are some obvious bugs, just let me know.

^Got some Raw data screenshots if you need them. (By the way Beta actually closed now so I can't help now much.)
Hosted on my personal webpage cloud.
Here's the link to download. I packed into zip file.
Thank you. Got the data.

Some changes noted, the difficulty might be now shown as a decimal number instead of a binary 0 or 1.

Also the track lengths seem to be same as in F1 2015, so I think they used the same basic track data files. If it is like that, it will make it easier, as I just need to collect the data for Baku for the game.

Also there might be additional data fields, I can only find that when I have access to the game output.

Cheers.

Will you continue to develop this application to F1 2016 if this will be possible?

Because I love it on F1 2015 !! :D

I will keep developing the Telemetry tool.

If the game's release is after mid July, I think I can get a version out 1-2 days after the release. I will most likely pre-order the game in order to have it at hand immediately, when it is available.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back