Resource icon

Other Telemetry Tool for AMS2 13.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Sorry for the simple question - @Iko Rein I am hoping you can give me a simple answer.

I am hoping to use your application to review/analyse lap times from a practice session in AMS2. My goal is to, let's say, drive for 30 minutes and then look at the lap times - lap by lap - afterwards (perhaps including sector times).

Is this kind of thing possible using your tool? The data feeds are working - but I can't seem to find this particular view. Any advice appreciated.

Sorry for the simple question - @Iko Rein I am hoping you can give me a simple answer.

I am hoping to use your application to review/analyse lap times from a practice session in AMS2. My goal is to, let's say, drive for 30 minutes and then look at the lap times - lap by lap - afterwards (perhaps including sector times).

Is this kind of thing possible using your tool? The data feeds are working - but I can't seem to find this particular view. Any advice appreciated.

Well, there are two ways for this. This depends on the level of detail you want to have.

The "simple way"
1) You enable the "Save laptimes to separate file" in the General settings dialog. This saves the sessions laptimes into the laptimes directory as a .csv file, which contains laptimes, sectortimes, fuel used etc. This is sort of a saved file from the information displayed in the RaceInfo view.

You use the data replay.
2) This is not publicly advertised/promoted/supported, as I don't want to keep backward compatibility of the formats, when e.g. with ACC the raw data changes now and then. With this you let the Telemetry tool save all data received and then you can run this data back to the tool to see what happens. The way this works, is:
  • You enable the debug_feed in the BaseSettings.xml, by setting there <entry key="writeServerDebug">true</entry>
  • As you use the Telemetry tool on, the tool saves a debug_feed_<game name>.csv file.
  • You can then use the FxFeed to run the data back to the tool. You run the FxFeed from commandline (from the directory, where you installed the Telemetry tool) with: "bin\win\bin\java -classpath Telemetry.jar apps.FxFeed
  • With FxFeed you select the feed mode (e.g. Debug_AMS2), then press ctrl-O and the tool will show you the saved debug feed files.
  • For the fxFeed, check the networking and testing network connectivity in the help
And an "extra one": Using saved session replays
3) This I don't know, if it still works, but if you have saved the session replay in the game and you later view the replay and run the tool, the game should send out the telemetry data too, so you can use the Telemetry tool with the replay. Just note that if you do rewind the replay, the laptime and telemetry trace data is bit messed up. But if you are looking e.g. at the Driving pane, then using the game replay with the telemetry tool would be good option.

Cheers

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Application Version 10 for AMS2 with a new update entry:

Telemetry Application Version 10 for AMS2

New version of my Telemetry Tool for Automobilista 2 is here.

Notable new and AMS2 related additions:
  • Math Channels: You can create your own math channels and assign them to traces on the Telemetry tab.
  • Updated the new cars from AMS2 v1.1.1.0
  • Fixed UDP redirect. This will now send all data received from the game (shmem + UDP), so race engineers will have full access to all data from the driver
  • Trace color per car corner (FL, FR, RL, RR) can be kept in sync in the Graph...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi I cant' seem to get this to work on windows 10, I've followed the youtube vids and set the games system settings accordingly but can't produce anything on the telemetry screen even when the command window says "connected to shared memory". Unsure what's wrong...

Hi I cant' seem to get this to work on windows 10, I've followed the youtube vids and set the games system settings accordingly but can't produce anything on the telemetry screen even when the command window says "connected to shared memory". Unsure what's wrong...

If you open the Driving pane, will that get updated? With AMS2 (and PC2) on the first lap there is no traces in Telemetry on the first outlap (as the lapdistance is 0 throughout that lap).

Cheers

Hey, any way to detect understeer and oversteer on a graph?

That is a good question. This is something I have been trying to find out for quite sometime, if with more generic information one could calculate the understeer/oversteer or have indication of that. There are few formulas, what I have found they typically require to know the wheelbase of the car or some other information not coming from the game(s).

If there are some formulas others are using, I would love to hear about that.

Cheers.

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Tool Version 10 for AMS2 with a new update entry:

Telemetry Tool for AMS2

10.5 is here.

Biggest addition is system to sync your laptimes + basic lap data to global database. When there is more data, I will add functionality to the Tool, which will allow you to compare your own times to the laptimes of other users of the Telemetry Tool. The tool will ask consent for sending the data, when you start it for the first time.

Notable ASM2 related additions:
  • New AMS2 trackmaps: Spa 1993 and Historic Jacarepagua
  • Fixed detection of car names + data sent from...

Question, Can I adjust the axis in the velocity Graph, the details are not visible for AMS2 and the values are quit high.
First graph AMS2 second one ACC, both Merc GT3 on silverstone

Edit: I just found dis-cross the min/max gives a better view

AMS2 102.PNG
ACC 102.PNG

Last edited:
Question, Can I adjust the axis in the velocity Graph, the details are not visible for AMS2 and the values are quit high.
First graph AMS2 second one ACC, both Merc GT3 on silverstone

Edit: I just found dis-cross the min/max gives a better view

View attachment 470003View attachment 470004
Exactly, the min/max uses default min max values, which make graphs easier to compare, if you use the multi histogram (new in 10.5).

If you don't cross it, then all values will be included into the histogram, so outlier values or anomalies might make the graph be in odd position.

Cheers.

Telemetry Tool for AMS2

The Telemetry Tool updated to 10.6.

With this version I updated the JRE to version 15. So if you are updating, you need to
- update the bin directory (there is also for Linux and Mac a custom JRE binary included)
- update the lib directory
- update the Telemetry.jar + the .bat (windows) and .sh files (linux/mac)

Key new features

• Support for ACC driver swap. This feature has been tested, but not extensively. Any feedback is welcome
  • Added Statistics table, which will show much...

Telemetry Tool for AMS2

New version is here.

Main addition is support for F1 2021.

Notable AMS2 fixes:
- Updated the PC2_Relay to also send UDP data to the IP address set via settings. This will make it easier to run the Telemetry Tool and AMS2 on separate computers. Check the help for more information.

Other small fixes/tweaks/performance tunes are listed in the ReadMe.txt.

For update, just either
a) unzip the whole .zip to the place where you had old installation or
b) unzip the .zip to new place and then...

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Tool for AMS2 with a new update entry:

Telemetry Tool for AMS2

Hello,

New version of my telemetry and race strategy tool is here. This is mainly a bug/stability/performance fix with few interesting additions.

What is new in version 11.1?

Notable AMS2/PC2 related additions:
  • Added track maps + car data for the 1.2.2 additions
  • Updated the PC2/AMS2 relay so that it can read the settings file from the same directory, where it resides. This allows some more flexibility on using the relay
  • Added bit more data to the Driving pane

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Tool for AMS2 with a new update entry:

Telemetry Tool for AMS2

New version is here.

Notable changes:

AMS2
  • Added Monza release trackmaps
  • Added new cars data to the system
KartKraft
  • Added trackmap for Genk
F1 2021
  • Added Portimao trackmap
  • Raw data: Fixed the bug, where the data was always shown for the player and could not be changed
  • Potentially fixed issue, where data for new tracks would not be saved, i.e. make the current version work e.g. with Imola without the need for a new...

hi @Iko Rein.
Thank you for your excellent work!
As a newbie in this kind of telemetry stuff, i'm exploring the tool and gaining knowledge step by step when having some time.
Is there any way to have telemetry graph for inner, middle and outer tyre temperature?
Cheers

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years