Resource icon

Apps Telemetry Tool for AC 13.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Iko Rein submitted a new resource:

Telemetry Application Version 10 for AC - Telemetry Application Version 10 for AC - Real-time and offline Telemetry application

Hi,

I have been developing this Telemetry for quite some time for the F1 games + some other games. I have had AC quite long time, but never played it much. Lately I discovered the wealth of mod tracks, and there were many I wanted to drive on, so I also decided to make my tool to work with AC.

This tool uses shared memory data + the UDP data to show data about your own car. This is mainly to make you a better driver. As the AC doesn't provide data about other cars during races, this tool...

Read more about this resource...

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Application Version 10 for AC with a new update entry:

Telemetry Application Version 10 for AC

New version.

Notable AC Related updates:
  • If you edit the AC settings (in 'Settings' -> 'AC Settings'), the relay data is also updated, so no need to anymore edit that file.
  • Statistics page has bit more useful data
  • Some new UI coloring options available in the 'Settings' --> 'Map and UI colors'
Enjoy, and get faster.

Cheers.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Could I ask for assistance trying to get this to work with AC on PS4 console.

I've just tested your app with F1 2019 on PS4 and everything is great :).

I can use GeekyDeak's ac_telemetry OK - getting UDP data from AC no problem.

Not sure where I'm going wrong with your app and AC.

I'm running runWinAC.bat

With all but one default settings...

1611268987144.png

I have put UDP Port as 9996 as the listen port as this is what the AC udp web doc says

(was 9995 and that also didn't work)

and

192.168.0.77 is console IP

1611269037154.png

With the above set, I get

1611270985902.png

But no data is being logged.

The Help file says the default AC relay is port 9995, also saying that the ShMem relay is only required for running on separate PC's, so I've not edited anything as I'm running AC on PS4 & Telemetry App on PC, but the looks like its still being used? (a shown above)

Any help greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 1611269855848.png
    1611269855848.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 124

The Help file says the default AC relay is port 9995, also saying that the ShMem relay is only required for running on separate PC's, so I've not edited anything as I'm running AC on PS4 & Telemetry App on PC, but the looks like its still being used? (a shown above)

Hmm, I need to do some testing here. I will check this and will get back to you.

Cheers.

RunWin_DR2.bat does not start and after that it just hangs in javaw.exe processes..

Which version are you using? The latest 10.3? Have you copied all the files from the zip to the install directory? Also does it work with other .bat files or is it just DR2, which doesn't work?

Cheers.

Last edited:

Bad and good news.

Bad is that with 10.3 or earlier, the UI doesn't get updated, if you only use the UDP data. Also when using only UDP data (i.e. with consoles) the tool might actually hang on waiting for some data, which might not come. The lap data is updated though. So if you would run several laps, the tool would save the data.

Good new is that I made some fixes to the code and it should now work better with only UDP data (i.e. console data). And part of the good news is that there will be new ACC with new tracks. This means I will create a new version pretty soon, where the fixes are included.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Moreover, javav.exe hangs in processes and is written debug_data_FEED_DR2.csv

The debug_data_FEED_DR2.csv is just the UDP data feed written in "readable" format, which can be run with the apps.FxFeed.

If the tool is writing the debug_data_FEED file, then you have most likely edited the baseSettings.xml to enable the debug feed. It is typically not needed, unless you really want to do a rerun of the session with the data.

With regard to the DR2, when you start it, is there the icon on the taskbar? If yes, then just delete the settings.xml in the settings\dirt_rally directory. Also make sure, you have copied all files from the .zip the the tracks\dirt_rally directory. Especially if you are missing the dirt_rally_20_cars.csv and dirt_rally_20_stages.txt the tool might not start properly in DR2 mode.

And what happends, you do another install (e.g. to Desktop) and start the runWin_DR2.bat there. Does it hang too?

Cheers.

The debug_data_FEED_DR2.csv is just the UDP data feed written in "readable" format, which can be run with the apps.FxFeed.
If the tool is writing the debug_data_FEED file, then you have most likely edited the baseSettings.xml to enable the debug feed. It is typically not needed, unless you really want to do a rerun of the session with the data.

I have reset all settings to default

With regard to the DR2, when you start it, is there the icon on the taskbar?

Icon does not appear

If yes, then just delete the settings.xml in the settings\dirt_rally directory.

I have done this several times

Also make sure, you have copied all files from the .zip the the tracks\dirt_rally directory. Especially if you are missing the dirt_rally_20_cars.csv and dirt_rally_20_stages.txt the tool might not start properly in DR2 mode.

All files copied from zip

And what happends, you do another install (e.g. to Desktop) and start the runWin_DR2.bat there. Does it hang too?
Cheers.

I have tried from different places. It is DR2 that is not started. No problem with the rest of the .bat

I have tried from different places. It is DR2 that is not started. No problem with the rest of the .bat

After little bug hunting it turned out, if the locale encoding and langue is ru_RU (or another locale, which uses ',' for decimal instead of '.') , then the tool fails in starting in the Dirt Rally 2.0 mode.

I have identified the place, where the bug happens and will it fix for 10.4 (hopefully out next weekend when new ACC version is out).

For the short term, the fix for this is to add the following command line options to the runWin_DR2.bat start line:
-Duser.country=US -Duser.language=en

The whole line should then read:
start bin\win\bin\javaw.exe -Dsun.jnu.encoding=UTF-8 -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Duser.country=US -Duser.language=en -jar Telemetry.jar --game=DR2

Cheers.

Last edited:
Iko Rein updated Telemetry Application Version 10 for AC with a new update entry:

Telemetry Application for AC

New version is here.

Notable AC related and new additions
  • The tool now works correctly, if you only get data from the UDP feed, i.e. when getting data from consoles. When using only the UDP feed the track cannot be detected, so you need to choose the track from the tool.
  • Fixed AC related statistics, e.g. free roll etc.
  • Added Math Channels. You can define you own math channels and use the as traces in the Telemetry tab.
Check the ReadMe.txt for list of all changes...

HI, thanks for this fantastic software i use in f12019 and it works perfectly but i have a problem when i run AC.
The data can be recorded but i did't load lap, i see only live telemetry.
can you help me please?

Hey guy's .. did'nt know in wich thread i should ask , so i do here.

i have these red crosses on track wich i don't know how to disable ( because i barely don't know wich button i clicked - content manager is soo huge sometimes !! :D ) thx for help in advance and greetings ! :)

Screenshot_giulia_quadrifoglio_zf8_mugello_7-3-121-23-22-20.jpg

Last edited:

Telemetry Tool for AC

10.5 is here.

Biggest addition is system to sync your laptimes + basic lap data to global database. When there is more data, I will add functionality to the Tool, which will allow you to compare your own times to the laptimes of other users of the Telemetry Tool. The tool will ask consent for sending the data, when you start it for the first time.

Notable AC related additions:
  • Fixed error, where fastest laps would not always be saved.
  • Fixed error, where lap with laptime 0 was...

just by the package size, i can tell that this is big. ;)
next release include some pizza, too ;);)

just in case... im joking... a bit

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 213 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%