Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Tool For F1 2020 10.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
There is special League Admin version, which I have given to few league admins to monitor possible cheating in their leagues. That version provides additional table in the "opponent stats" and shows the engine mix + other data. It only works if the drivers are sharing their Telemetry though. On solo racing it shows all data for the AI users.

I dropped the option to change the driver in Raw Data and Driving, when Codemasters decided to drop the Telemetry feed from other drivers (unless the driver enables the data). In average I see 1 driver in about 4 online races, where they have shared their Telemetry, so it is pretty useless e.g. for spectators.

But I can maybe add it back to those, so when you do solo racing, you can pause the game and check the data for the AI cars.

Cheers.

I see, that makes sense.

I don't race online, I purely use that part of the tool to analyse AI fuel and engine/ers settings, to enable me to run the same, thus proving a more accurate read of the right AI difficulty level I need to use. I usually use my partner to track what the AI are doing live while I'm driving. Would be great to see it back.

Thanks

Hi,
Iko...Great app...thank you very much. Looking forward to using it with the Xbox One with F1 2020.
I have the telemetry settings on my xbox set to port 20777 port and the correct IP address of the laptop. In the network settings of the app am I correct in thinking that all i need to set is the feed format and the listening port?
I've not managed to get any data into the app yet.
thanks

Heyo, new to the program, but its awesome so far
just one question, sorry if already being asked, but is there a simple solution to set the laptimes to minutes:seconds:milliseconds? instead of 86 seconds like 1:26?

And 2nd, maybe a bit harder bc i know the names are not delivered per feed, but is it possib to edit the names for each session? or like, rename the drivers ids in the current session or overall? (insert Steamname instead of 105 etc.)

Cheers

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 927988

Hi,

I have a question: if it's possible how can i host the telemetry on a website, i hope yes (for personnal use only)

I’ve been getting a lot of inconsistencies with TT times. When I open a lap time file the lap time is incorrect. Is anyone experiencing the same issue? Already tried to reinstall.

Hey @Iko Rein - this looks really cool. I still fairly new to sim racing and only just got to the point where I feel I am consistent enough to start looking at telemetry. I'm using AC on PC and my buddy is using it on PS4 and we wanted to be able to compare our laps, so I knocked together a really crude logger using the UDP telemetry feature as it works on PS4 too. I'm now looking for something to chart all this in something a bit more sophisticated than google sheets and found your tool whilst digging. I was wondering if you have shared the source code for your tool and would happy to accept updates to add the AC telemetry? I realise it would be missing a number of features and I'm assuming it would fit in with the way you have currently designed your app.

Hey @Iko Rein - this looks really cool. I still fairly new to sim racing and only just got to the point where I feel I am consistent enough to start looking at telemetry. I'm using AC on PC and my buddy is using it on PS4 and we wanted to be able to compare our laps, so I knocked together a really crude logger using the UDP telemetry feature as it works on PS4 too. I'm now looking for something to chart all this in something a bit more sophisticated than google sheets and found your tool whilst digging. I was wondering if you have shared the source code for your tool and would happy to accept updates to add the AC telemetry? I realise it would be missing a number of features and I'm assuming it would fit in with the way you have currently designed your app.

I have worked a bit on the AC support, as I noticed some tracks, where I want to drive are available as mods.

So next version, planned to be released with the new AMS2 version having Nordschleiffe, will have AC support. I might delay the release to the ACC Imola release, if the new AMS2 version is not out this week.

The UDP data in AC is pretty limited as in general is the AC's Shared Memory data too. So at this point the data will be "single user data", i.e. there will be no data about other cars in the data. The AC graphs will contain the key basic data, but other features will/might not work.

Cheers.

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Application V10 with a new update entry:

Telemetry Application V10

New version.

Notable additions:
  • AC: Rudimentary support added. Works with PC version + limited supprt for the consoles via UDP. See the ReadMe and help for more info.
  • AMS2: New tracks and cars data added. Also fixed some trackmaps.
  • ACC: Imola + new cars data added.
  • PC2: Redid some old trackmaps to better work with the new map system
  • Dirt Rally 2.0: Added Ford MK II R5 data
  • Added tyre temp + tyre pressure channels to Telemetry, XY Plotter and Historgrams and the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Those of you, who are using my tool with AMS2, here is what I also wrote on the AMS2 mods subforum.

--------------------------------
Inconsistent laptime data:

If you have driven extensively on the new tracks before this update, it might be that the indexing is bit off in the laptime data from what is in the release. I have created a tool to 1) check if there are inconsistencies in the data and 2) to fix those.

You can check if your laptime data database is ok by running from commandline (in the directory, where you installed this tool)
bin\win\bin\java -classpath Telemetry.jar apps.CheckTrackData

If the tool says, there are inconsistencies, you can then run
bin\win\bin\java -classpath Telemetry.jar apps.FixAMS2Data

What the this does, is that it updates the track indexes based on track length, so when you look at the Laptimes data, the laptime data is correct.
--------------------------------

What this means

What this means with AMS2, is that when there are new tracks released, and I haven't updated my tool, as you use the tool, the Telemetry tool automatically adds the track data to the system, so it can save the data based on the new track. This automatic addition creates an id for each track in the system, and for the laps stored it might have different track id, than in the tools next release. The fix adjusts in the data the track ids based on track length, so that e.g. for all laptime data for Nordschleife 24h has same index.

So if you are using my tool with AMS2, you can run the check and if fixes are needed, then run the fix.

Cheers.

Hi! It is great tool.
But I have question about Dirt Rally 2. When I try to launch runWin_DR2.bat, Application does not start. It's working with other sim, but not with Dirt Rally2. Can someone help?

Used this with F1 series and it works brilliantly thank you. Recently bought PC2 and now trying to use this app with that game. The app loads and reads data perfectly well (I can see from driving and map screens) from the game but no traces appear in the telemetry graphs. Any ideas?

PS4, app is running on laptop

Playing f1 2020, is there a way to reduce the "skid" max value ?
Cause i can only set the "height" value to 1-3(?), if i try to set it bigger i can't see the whole graph.

Hello I have a question: how can I do this @Iko Rein :
Screenshot_2020-12-06-11-33-38-240_com.discord.jpg

I mean name driver on the race map? Now i have driver ID like #115 #108... I want to have like this upper. Thx for all help and sorry for my English

Last edited:
Playing f1 2020, is there a way to reduce the "skid" max value ?
Cause i can only set the "height" value to 1-3(?), if i try to set it bigger i can't see the whole graph.

Do you mean on the Telemetry pane? I checked the values in XY Plotter + Historgram and noticed that for F1 games the real values are from -3 to 3 and the display range in XY Plotter was totally off. I will adjust the values for the next version. Thank you for letting me know.

Cheers.

Hello I have a question: how can I do this @Iko Rein : View attachment 424757
I mean name driver on the race map? Now i have driver ID like #115 #108... I want to have like this upper. Thx for all help and sorry for my English

You cannot do this, as the game does not provide the human player names in multiplayer. This is the decision Codemasters made with regard to privacy laws. We have tried to get Codemasters to change this with not much success.

Cheers.

Hi! It is great tool.
But I have question about Dirt Rally 2. When I try to launch runWin_DR2.bat, Application does not start. It's working with other sim, but not with Dirt Rally2. Can someone help?

Make sure you have all files from the .zip in the dirt_rally tracks directory. If it is missing some of the files (especially the two cars and tracks files), the tool fails to start in DR2 mode.

Cheers.

Used this with F1 series and it works brilliantly thank you. Recently bought PC2 and now trying to use this app with that game. The app loads and reads data perfectly well (I can see from driving and map screens) from the game but no traces appear in the telemetry graphs. Any ideas?

PS4, app is running on laptop

Are you sure you are not looking at the Multilap telemetry pane. There the traces only update when laps are completed. And with PC2 there is no trace during outlaps as there is no lapdistance data available from the UDP feed during outlaps. (--> No lapdistance, no way to draw the traces, when X-axis is based on lapdistance).

Cheers.

You cannot do this, as the game does not provide the human player names in multiplayer. This is the decision Codemasters made with regard to privacy laws. We have tried to get Codemasters to change this with not much success.

Cheers.

Automatically noo but how can do it manualy on file settings e.g I know who is playing and I want to name it on map. Someone do It but he didn't give it :( and this screen is from him and give this :
Screenshot_2020-12-07-15-39-41-973_com.discord.jpg

And this writing somehow somewhere

Last edited:
Automatically noo but how can do it manualy on file settings e.g I know who is playing and I want to name it on map. Someone do It but he didn't give it :( and this screen is from him and give this : View attachment 425115
And this writing somehow somewhere

If the guys are always driving with the same racenumber and there are no duplicate race numbers, you could use the RaceNum - Name mapping.

In The telemetry tool select Tools --> Save RaceNum-Name map file.

This creates to the settings directory file 'driver_racenumber_map.csv', which you can edit e.g. with Notepad++. The format is
42,Douglas Adams,ADA
i.e. there is race number, player name, TLA, so you would add the data you had in your picture into that file and then the names will show in the map + all other data.

Cheers.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing