Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Tool For F1 2020 10.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
Another question - in the telemetry view when I click to get show the stats for a specific moment in the lap - I have selected MPH as my reference - but the (vcar) car data show KPH. The speed element selected from the sidebar menu does show MPH I can't get the specific number for a specific moment on the track. When I am in functions like lap comparison I get MPH. is there a way to duplicate this for telemetry statistics subscreen view as well? Thanks for this - and videos are incredibly helpful

Best,

David

Another question - in the telemetry view when I click to get show the stats for a specific moment in the lap - I have selected MPH as my reference - but the (vcar) car data show KPH. The speed element selected from the sidebar menu does show MPH I can't get the specific number for a specific moment on the track. When I am in functions like lap comparison I get MPH. is there a way to duplicate this for telemetry statistics subscreen view as well? Thanks for this - and videos are incredibly helpful

Best,

David

Aah, there must be still some areas left, where I haven't added or have overlooked the MPH conversion parts.

I will do little combing for the next release to find the "left over areas" and will fix them. It is little thing, just need to find the places, where the speed is exposed in UI and apply the conversion stuff.

Thanks for notifying me on this.

Cheers.

Hi mate,

Great app. Does everything I need.

Question: for ghosts, the time scale for the saved ghost is different to the actual driver saved data. that makes the data not comparable. See example screenshot below. No flashbacks etc. Any idea how to solve this? Thanks a lot!

Edit: fixed by completely restarting the session, not just the lap

1612221138148.png

Last edited:
After little bug hunting I found out, if the locale encoding and langue is ru_RU (or some other language, where ',' is decimal symbol), then the tool fails in starting in the Dirt Rally 2.0 mode.

I have identified the place, where the bug happens and will it fix for 10.4 (hopefully out next weekend when new ACC version is out).

For the short term, the fix for this is to add the following command line options to the runWin_DR2.bat start line:
-Duser.country=US -Duser.language=en

The whole line should then read:
start bin\win\bin\javaw.exe -Dsun.jnu.encoding=UTF-8 -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Duser.country=US -Duser.language=en -jar Telemetry.jar --game=DR2

Cheers

Newer Java versions are ok, if it supports JavaFX. I run in testing Java 15 and it works well. The "default java" version on Mac (or other platforms) does not have JavaFX enabled, as it was dropped from Java at Java 11.

So if you take any of these Mac versions,
https://www.azul.com/downloads/zulu-community/?os=macos&architecture=x86-64-bit&package=jre-fx
you should be fine. You can just unzip this to the install directory and use the runMac.sh to run the tool.

Cheers

Okay, thanks! I thought I had done that, but I'll give it another go (and the issue here shouldn't haven't an impact on Java, correct?)!

Okay, thanks! I thought I had done that, but I'll give it another go (and the issue here shouldn't haven't an impact on Java, correct?)!

If you put the downloaded java version to the bin\mac directory, then it should be ok. This way only the Telemetry tool uses that version of Java.

And even if you install the JRE with JavaFX in normal way on mac, it should be ok. Just make sure that you use the right installed Java version.

Cheers.

I am pretty near getting the new version out (as new ACC version + track will be released this week).

I have added to the new version a preliminary version of the Math Channels. I have now 5 extra visible channels, to which you can assign any of the user defined Math Channels.

How many additional visible math channels would be needed, is the 5 sufficient or should it be higher?

Cheers

any chance this will be compatible with iRacing in the near future?

With iRacing the issue is there is no real-time telemetry output (or I haven't found it) + the price to get the 100+ tracks + continuous subscription.

To me the biggest issue is that I only support those games, which I play myself. If I would play or start playing iRacing, I might add the support. But I think the Motec usage is pretty high in the iRacing community.

Cheers.

If the guys are always driving with the same racenumber and there are no duplicate race numbers, you could use the RaceNum - Name mapping.

In The telemetry tool select Tools --> Save RaceNum-Name map file.

This creates to the settings directory file 'driver_racenumber_map.csv', which you can edit e.g. with Notepad++. The format is
42,Douglas Adams,ADA
i.e. there is race number, player name, TLA, so you would add the data you had in your picture into that file and then the names will show in the map + all other data.

Cheers.
Hey, its working, but the TLA and and Drivers number seem to be swapped. Is there a fix for this?

Hi Iko,
I think I found a bug in the time delta graph, when I have 2 laps loaded and then I scroll around with the mouse or zoom in and out then the graph changes incorrectly. E.g. when at one x position the min is -0.38 then at another x position the same min is -0.15 or even becomes positive.
Here is a video that shows it:

I have also sent you an email with the 2 laps that are zipped. Is this really a bug or is it something that I am doing wrong? Thanks in advance and awesome tool man!

Hi Iko,
I think I found a bug in the time delta graph, when I have 2 laps loaded and then I scroll around with the mouse or zoom in and out then the graph changes incorrectly. E.g. when at one x position the min is -0.38 then at another x position the same min is -0.15 or even becomes positive.
Here is a video that shows it:

I have also sent you an email with the 2 laps that are zipped. Is this really a bug or is it something that I am doing wrong? Thanks in advance and awesome tool man!

This is not a bug, it works as intended.

If you zoom into the Telemetry, the delta at the left side starts always at 0.

This way e.g. if your S1 is ruined because of spin, but you drove well rest of the lap, you can zoom in after the "spin" and still easily see, where you gained time on the rest of the lap.

Edit: I added extra field to the "cursor data" to show the real timeDiff at cursor + timeDiff at cursor insize the zoomed area (, if you have zoomed in and scrolled the Telemetry view).

Cheers.

Last edited:
Great app!

Although I do have a problem with the resolution. I'm using it on a17inch screen and on the driving screen it cuts off the bottom of the screen I've tried resizing the window but the data (image) stays the same size and I'm unable to view my rear tires information

Great app!

Although I do have a problem with the resolution. I'm using it on a17inch screen and on the driving screen it cuts off the bottom of the screen I've tried resizing the window but the data (image) stays the same size and I'm unable to view my rear tires information

I assume you are using this with AMS2/PC2, as there is much more data. How tall is your screen in pixels? Do you see the bottom of the G-force history square?

In my own system the height of the testing screen is 1024 pixels and that is what I think as kind of "minimum height". Maybe 768 might be more closer to the height of a "spare laptop" screen.

One way to make more space, is to
1) turn of the menu (press key ALT to hide or show the menu)
2) run the screen in full screen mode (press key F11 to make the it fullscreen, esc, returns to normal screen).

I adjusted the position of the "car" for AMS2/PC2 to be bit higher. Also for window size < 900, I moved the rear wheels little higher. This will be in 10.4 (currently in the final stages of testing).

With this note, I think it is time to look at redoing also that screen. It has been the same or almost the same from the very early versions of my tool

Cheers.

I assume you are using this with AMS2/PC2, as there is much more data. How tall is your screen in pixels? Do you see the bottom of the G-force history square?

In my own system the height of the testing screen is 1024 pixels and that is what I think as kind of "minimum height". Maybe 768 might be more closer to the height of a "spare laptop" screen.

One way to make more space, is to
1) turn of the menu (press key ALT to hide or show the menu)
2) run the screen in full screen mode (press key F11 to make the it fullscreen, esc, returns to normal screen).

I adjusted the position of the "car" for AMS2/PC2 to be bit higher. Also for window size < 900, I moved the rear wheels little higher. This will be in 10.4 (currently in the final stages of testing).

With this note, I think it is time to look at redoing also that screen. It has been the same or almost the same from the very early versions of my tool

Cheers.

My recommended screen ratio is 1366x768 and I'm using the runWin_F12020 version connected through wifi to my PS4.

I tried using the advise you gave me, but I'm still missing the PSI levels for the rears and what looks like over half of the G-Force history
Telemetryexample.png

The Linux batch file was saved in DOS (CRLF) format which Linux cannot run.
We need to either save it in Unix (LF) format or use dos2unix to convert.

The Linux batch file was saved in DOS (CRLF) format which Linux cannot run.
We need to either save it in Unix (LF) format or use dos2unix to convert.

Thanks for the note.

I will update, actually re-save it in my XUbuntu box for the 10.4 release. I think the original copy was made on Linux, but I think I might have edited it on Windows at some point.

Cheers.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back