Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Tool For F1 2020 10.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
Th
If the guys are always driving with the same racenumber and there are no duplicate race numbers, you could use the RaceNum - Name mapping.

In The telemetry tool select Tools --> Save RaceNum-Name map file.

This creates to the settings directory file 'driver_racenumber_map.csv', which you can edit e.g. with Notepad++. The format is
42,Douglas Adams,ADA
i.e. there is race number, player name, TLA, so you would add the data you had in your picture into that file and then the names will show in the map + all other data.

Cheers.
Thx mate its working :inlove:

Hi, just found a little bug/typo.
When editing the ACC settings changing network port and saving it. In the broadasting.json it gets saved as updListenerPort and as udpListenerPort.

That is intentional. The real value the game reads, is the 'updListenerPort'. But I added the 'udpListenerPort' there as a safety measure, if Kunos decides one day in the future to fix the original typo. I know that some other tools are doing the same.

Cheers.

I love the application. But I can't understand with the program's instructions how to connect to another laptop on a local network. Please, if you are so kind, explain in detail the exact procedure to connect the telemetry program to another computer in f1 2020. Thank you.

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Application V10 with a new update entry:

Telemetry Application V10

New version 10.3.

This one is more focused on AMS2/PC2 features

Notable additions:

• F12020/F12019: Updated/fixed GHOST lap saving + accuracy of the data. It should now work also with ghosts loaded from the leaderboards.
  • AMS2/PC2: Added Shared memory to UDP relay, so that the shared memory data can be used. There is more accurate data for some traces, like speed, position and temperatures. Check the ReadMe.txt for more details. It is recommended you use the Relay...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi,
Does this graph Inner Outer and Middle tire temperatures?

Only surface and carcass temps, as they are given out by most games (and in ACC it is just "core" temp". The inner, middle and outer temps are only available in AMS2 and PC2 and I will most likely not add them to the tool. You can see those temps however on the Driving pane, when using the tool with AMS2 or PC2.

Cheers.

Just a note to all you, how want to use the SharedMemory-to-UDP relay with AMS2 or PC2. Please remember to enable the 'Shared Memory' option in the AMS2's or PC2's Game settings, i.e. you would have both shared memory and the UDP data enabled.

In AMS2 or PC2 modes, you will see in the right side of the Telemetry Tool's DRIVING pane, if the tool receives SHMEM and UDP data.

Cheers.

Last edited:
I'm looking for a telemetry app to just show meters traveled from start like a TerraTrip Rally meter to use in Dirt Rally 2. The ones I've found you have to use Borderless which drops FPS and also the meters shown is small. Any ideas? Can this app work?

Saving Ghost for F12020 not working also after 10.3 update.
When i start TT and i select a ghost from dashboard no save on my files.
I have only 1 ghost saved of all times i played and it's broken at half lap.

I have public telemetry and app is in the same computer as f1 2020. when i play online opponents are saved as expected.

I'm looking for a telemetry app to just show meters traveled from start like a TerraTrip Rally meter to use in Dirt Rally 2. The ones I've found you have to use Borderless which drops FPS and also the meters shown is small. Any ideas? Can this app work?

There is no visual overlay. This app is a "secondary display" tool, which you run on its own screen. My tool can show you the distance driven though.

If you can do some stuff on your own, you could create a little display and connect over HTTP to the Telemetry tool then take the JSON containing full data, and pick from that the totalDistance field value.

Cheers.

Saving Ghost for F12020 not working also after 10.3 update.
When i start TT and i select a ghost from dashboard no save on my files.
I have only 1 ghost saved of all times i played and it's broken at half lap.

I have public telemetry and app is in the same computer as f1 2020. when i play online opponents are saved as expected.

I will check this. There were earlier some issues with ghosts from the leaderboards, but I think I fixed them.

Also it typically takes 2 full laps, before the ghost gets saved. And if you beat the ghost before that, the new ghost takes over and the "2 lap counter" starts again.

Also if you do constant restarts or use flashbacks in TT, that also breaks the ghost lap saving. So keep driving at least 2 laps until the ghost lap is saved.

If you can e.g. PM me the track + the ghost causing issues, I can try to see why it fails.

Cheers.

Last edited:
I can get the the application up and running - but I can't get any data - I am using a MAC and the f1 2020 is running on a PS4 - I have had earlier versions of this running - but can't get this one to - help!

Thanks

I can get the the application up and running - but I can't get any data - I am using a MAC and the f1 2020 is running on a PS4 - I have had earlier versions of this running - but can't get this one to - help!

Thanks

Hmm, if all works separately and worked before, maybe something has changed in your system. Did the IP address change? Was there a new update for MAC, which causes data not flow in? New firewall rules? New F1 2020 1.15 PS4 version breaks it? Did the new F1 2020 version on PS4 reset the Telemetry settings?

You can always test the local connectivity with the FeedTester (see the ReadMe.txt for details). If that works, then you know the issue is in networking.

Cheers

It ended up being the IP address function - using the multiple options - and using the second one...

Everything worked - now have to go back and watch the videos to better use the software - thanks!

@Iko Rein Do you think my problem could be stemming from the fact that my Mac is trying to use a newer version of Java than the Telemetry app allows?

Has any body had an issue (on Mac) where you cannot get the window to appear? I can see that there is an outline of a window when I go to "show all windows" ode on Mac, but I can't see anything — it is just an outline. I've tried restarting everything, but I have not been able make the window appear.

@Iko Rein Do you think my problem could be stemming from the fact that my Mac is trying to use a newer version of Java than the Telemetry app allows?

Newer Java versions are ok, if it supports JavaFX. I run in testing Java 15 and it works well. The "default java" version on Mac (or other platforms) does not have JavaFX enabled, as it was dropped from Java at Java 11.

So if you take any of these Mac versions,
https://www.azul.com/downloads/zulu-community/?os=macos&architecture=x86-64-bit&package=jre-fx
you should be fine. You can just unzip this to the install directory and use the runMac.sh to run the tool.

Cheers

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 112 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 87 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.5%