Technology (merged)

• dunnee

true ... but mabye focus some of the vision they have go onto harware production ! ... com'on .. software yeah great but u need the hardware to acually power it ! :D and the better the pc .. the better the gaming experiance :p

I am doing research for our company. I am writing a Vista document which describes security and packaging option eg Windows installer 4.

If i find some usefull info for us i will post it here.

• dunnee

yep be usefull ... but as we no hardware technology needs more advancement

Omega driver install

Hi,

Just a short question: i downloaded an Omega driver for my Radeon 9800 video card, how i need to install it? Do i need to have first installed the original driver (Catalyst 7.1 is the latest), and after that the Omega driver, or just the Omega driver cleanly, without having the original Ati driver installed on the PC?

Thanks in advance: Neo

:) nice discussion here :)

I 've installed Vista 3 days ago now, and I'm happy with it... OK The CPU speed in idle is a bit higher than in XP... Somewhere around 15%. Overall Vista is faster to me... But I still only use 1 core (see futur topic :D ). CPU is a AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+. Works great. The one thing I've got to do is upgrade my Graphic card.
Drivers for nvidia are still not availble :( So my gaming is a bit slower. But I don't have any lag or so...

I think the default drivers of ATI need to be installed before adding the Omega drivers... I think that's the most logical :?
But I must say, I don't have much experience with ATI...

AMD CPU not recognized by Vista

Hi,
I've got a problem with my CPU... It is a AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+. So it is a 64bit dual core CPU.
When I enter my control panel on my PC, the CPU isn't recognised by Vista (neither in XP). It says: "AMD Hammer Family processor - Model unknown".
When I was still on XP, i thought that it was because I don't have a 64bit Windows. But now I have a 64bit Vista (Home Premium) but the CPU isn't recognised either. Because the CPU isn't recognised, I'm running on half power (1 Core) :(

Any suggestions?
Thx

• Peter Meijer

Sorry.. maybe a noobish question.. :p
What is an Omega driver?? An update :p...??

• Peter Meijer

Can it solve your lags?
Because i got an ATI x800gt

i dont think a core is shut down by windows or any other OS.. run the task manager and open a program.. assign a different program to the 2nd cpu and you will know if it runs ! hope that helps

thx but the problem is that my CPU isn't recognised by the OS. I can't choose any core or so... in the configuration screen there is also only 1 core shown. :(

Hmm... Solving lag... you can try.
The Omega drivers are actually an alternate set of drivers for you graphic card. There are more options you can set with the Omega drivers.
I think you should try it out Pure... You'll never know :)

jeps 110% sure :)
The actual problem is that the OS recognises the CPU as: "AMD Hammer Family processor - Model Unknown".
Even if I download the AMD Core checker or something, it only shows 1 core... :?

• dunnee

very nice ... atleast i got a positive for a single core :O ... my mates are using pentium ?? mabye it is to do with them ... if we do a bit more research we could come up with an answer .. i have a amd 64 x2 duo ... so ill be good ... good ram and anyway my computer is pre-made for vista coz got it not long ago ... but ... i still fink that viesta will have its doubts and xp will be step forward mabye to xp 2 :D hehe

Download the latest bios for your motherboard, chrck if your motherboard fully supports X2.

If you have an Nforce motherboard, wait for the Vista nforce drivers. I think a new processor driver for Vista will come out soon.

So check the site of your motherboard manufacturer.

Omega driver install

Neo[RPM said:
]Hi,

Just a short question: i downloaded an Omega driver for my Radeon 9800 video card, how i need to install it? Do i need to have first installed the original driver (Catalyst 7.1 is the latest), and after that the Omega driver, or just the Omega driver cleanly, without having the original Ati driver installed on the PC?

Thanks in advance: Neo

De-install driver by add remove programs
Use drivercleaner to remove the rest from old driver.
http://downloads.guru3d.com/downloadget.php?id=745&file=5&evp=df4ee367048e2f12598a994b5d3a7834

Reboot in safe mode with F8
Run drivercleaner again
Reboot in normal mode
Install Omega drivers
Reboot

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline