Technology (merged)

hmm, I also have a SATA II 250GB, but my windows shows 250GB...
Is Windows already installed? If not, just install and maybe update the "drivers" of the HD.

• superpats[RTS]

Hey

Sometimes a BIOS flash will help.Get the latest at your motherboard vendor website.

• Mehmet Arslan

I have found the problem,i was using an old windows xp installation cd,u have to use one with atleast service pack 1 on it,i dont know why but it helped,man was i glad,have freshly installed xp on a sata 2 drive.

But tnx for the replies guys.

[SHOP] Order your Windows Vista here(mass order application)

Hi guys,
I've just installed Windows Vista and I must say, I'm impressed... Looks really good and new features are well done.
To let y'all enjoy with me, I've got here the prices of the different versions of Vista.
If anyone is intrested, just reply of pm me...
These are FULL VERSION, LEGAL copies... No updating sh*t :)

Vista Home Basic (32bit/64bit): 90€
Vista Home Premium (32bit): 110€
Viste Home Premium (64bit): 110€
Vista Business (32bit/64bit): 150€
Vista Ultimate (32bit/64bit): 200€

If many people are intrested, I might get a reduction...

This is for the Dutch versions... Other languages also availble

• Peter Meijer

Oké, lots of discussion today...
And the conclusion is that i still got to get rid of my lags.
Stiggy still thinks that it's my internet connection and other think that's nonsense..
WakuWaku thinks it's my graphicscart...
Would be stupid to buy a new one and finally get to know i still lag...
So if there is still anyone out there who has an anwser on this problem please report it...

Greetz Pure :)

• Peter Meijer

Great idea Mystic. But i can upgrade my Windows XP to vista for only €17,- because i bought windows between 2 dates... don't know which :D hehehe :p

Yeah I know that it's possible to upgrade to Vista when you bought XP lately... :) But hey, it's for those unlucky ones who didn't have the opportunity to upgrade for just 17€ ;)

Pure, i should wait a bit with Windows Vista, it's great but not for gaming, i would advise you first to make a dual boot system and wait fro good video drivers.

There aren't even Nforce drivers, untill now you still need to use the default Vista drivers which are not optimised for your hardware.

I think if you have problem now already, lag, the problems will get worse using Vista and Race.

I still have a dual boot system with Vista Ultimate too, and from time to time when new beta drivers arrive i test them, and i still am not satisfied with the drivers untill now.

• Peter Meijer

Yeah i know, i didn't even have to consider about that :)
First i'll wait an half a year and then we'll see what happends :)

• dunnee

im never getting vista ... if u wont it give a review back to it .. but from what i have heard from many and many people ... said they " windows vista is to big and slowed down my computer speed ... took up loads of my cpu idle .. and i may have to upgrade my prossor to a duo extreme " and other ones sed basically same thing :p ... but i would like to hear all of you opininions ... it may look freaking amazing but it seems to be to much for computers ... i would say me and some programers may just make xp updates to make it better than vista and good speed ... i have got the upgrade but i will get it and then ill judge it all for myself but if its true with what loads of my mates say then its off and me and them will programe some updates ... :mad:

i agree with dunnee, but all new OS are designed for the newest pc's imo.

i have core 2 duo processor and a good videocard wich is compatible with vista, so i will test it in the near future.. but what wakuwaku said is more important.. install it together with your old OS to avoid trouble with gaming etc

• dunnee

the stig @ .... ye that exactly right ... i have vista ready made computer but im not going to test until i get a standby computer so my gaming will not be affected and so i can report it .. but my mates and me are making updates for xp media .. or normal xp :p but so that gaming will use the best of the computer for more powerfull gaming .. guess it will take awhile to make :p ... erm any ideas of how to do this and help i would love to hear .. but from what u heard from me and the stig .. stick to old os untill later modelled pc's have advanced a long way !!

dunnee and stig reports .. back to the studio :D hehe

• dunnee

nope i never think viesta will work untill very late into production of pc's for viesta and then there will be another one ... i fink windows software is running a bit ahead of what the accual systems them self are able to put out

dunnee said:
nope i never think viesta will work untill very late into production of pc's for viesta and then there will be another one ... i fink windows software is running a bit ahead of what the accual systems them self are able to put out

there is a good word for that: VISION :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 325 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 283 13.4%