teaser released

Yeah well i will try it again when they enable the adult mode but for now nothing can touch both rF2 and GSC2012 for me personally. Both sims feel sensational. This felt as poor as pCARS for me tbh, sloppy centre feeling down the straights and lack of tyre feel. The FFB reminded me of GTR Evolution tbh, i.e very canned and not raw. Can't comment on physics due to all the assists enabled but the feel i didn't dig

SIMBIN default FFB has always been very bad. I hated how RACE 07 felt until I changed the settings myself. I can't believe they still havn't sorted the default FFB settings........anyway I just used my settings from RACE 07 in Raceroom and hey presto! Decent FFB........not quite NetKar or GSC good but still perfectly acceptable.

If anyone is interested replace these values in your .rcs file located.........

C:\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet

Adjust strength to taste.

FFB Gain="1.0" //
FFB steer force average weight="0.38" //
FFB steer force exponent="0.75" //
FFB steer force output max="0.9" //
FFB steer force grip weight="0.28" //
FFB steer force grip factor="1.0" //
FFB steer update thresh="0.0" //
FFB steer friction coefficient="-0.1" //
FFB steer friction saturation="1.0" //
FFB steer damper coefficient="0.2" //
FFB steer damper saturation="1.0" //

from Flatout.
If so, it's been a while, just started racing there again.
Ah sorry Henk, just twigged mate who you are. Hows it going? Wow still racing at FO, thought that place would be dead by now. They still racing rF1? It feels so dated to me now, i can't race it anymore

SIMBIN default FFB has always been very bad. I hated how RACE 07 felt until I changed the settings myself. I can't believe they still havn't sorted the default FFB settings........anyway I just used my settings from RACE 07 in Raceroom and hey presto! Decent FFB........not quite NetKar or GSC good but still perfectly acceptable.

If anyone is interested replace these values in your .rcs file located.........

C:\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet

Adjust strength to taste.
Thanks Jack, i will give these a blast when they release the Get Real mode. Don't want to race it in it's current state

Some people are already starting to doubt Simbin's quality because of this teaser. Some are saying Simbin is going to fail, they won't be able to deliver a realistic sim, blah blah blah... It's a DUMBED DOWN TEASER, with helps ON. I can make any sim feel arcade by turning on helps or play with a keyboard.

Another thing. Just because its a Free to Play, there is no need to assume that Simbin will deliver a less hardcore experience. I just think they will deliver more options for those who aren't hardcore, and that is actually great for Simbin who probably can sell more copies and make more money.

I think this will be a great simulation in the end. Even with all the aids on I can feel that there is quality under the hood.

I don't doubt SIMBIN for a minute. Apart from the bad FFB settings............luckily we can sort that out ourselves.....and there are now settings in the FFB menu that were only available in the .rcs file previously so they may be learning............slowly.

Obviously the sounds are very good. The engine and transmission at least. The mix is a bit weird.......the tyres are too quiet and other things.

Graphics for me are top notch. Beautiful. I much prefer this look and approach to the pCARS over the top hollywood shine. But that's just me.

@Lee.
Nope there's some new influx besides the old regulars.
And interleague competitions.
Still using rFactor 1 though.
RFactor 2 is showing some brilliance on my rig once in awhile but i think I need a new GPU.
framerate's are down which messes with my FFB I think.
It does give excellent feedback on what the cars is doing though and (back on topic) that's what I miss with the teaser.
I can see the body reacting to bumps but don't feel any of it in the steering wheel.
In real life you struggle with the steering, that slows you down of course, but that does not translated into the sim.
RFactor 2 does this very well.

Wish there was a combo sim with all the good parts from the others.
Maybe AC from Kunos?

Here is my current G27 profile. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/58337619/RRE G27.zip
Can some body test it and tell me what I can change or what is wrong?

It's for 900° rotation.

Well just look at my post above detailing the lines you need to change.

I'll go over them in a little more detail if you like.

For a start you can view the FFB guide for SIMBIN games here.....

http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=29484

I learnt what most of the settings did through trial and error but using that guide I got a much better understanding of what I was actually doing and the logic behind it.

SIMBIN's default settings seem to be made totally without logic.

FFB Gain="1.0" // My understanding is we want the full range of FFB effects available.
FFB steer force average weight="0.38" // Lower values smooth out steering but add latency. This is a value I arrived at some time ago. No latency for me.
FB steer force exponent="0.75" // Lower values give a tighter feel around centre. Too low and you get oscillations.
FFB steer force output max="0.9" // Strength of steering force. Adjust to taste.
FFB steer force grip weight="0.28" // At 1.0, 100% of steering force is calculated by tyre grip. With 0.28, 28% is tyre grip and the remaining 72% is mass transfer information. (The weight of the vehicle acting on the steering rack).
FFB steer force grip factor="1.0" // 1.0 means 100% of grip information is coming from the front tyres. Which is what we want. You feel the rear through mass transfer.
FFB steer update thresh="0.0" // At 0.0 steering forces are being updated constantly thus giving the most accurate steering. Needs good framerate.
FFB steer friction coefficient="-0.1" //
FFB steer friction saturation="1.0" //
FFB steer damper coefficient="0.2" //
FFB steer damper saturation="1.0" // See guide for detailed explanation on friction and dmaper.

One other thing.......I like to use 900* rotation for cars that would have that much or more in real life as it helps with the immersion and for drifting/opposite lock situations. However.........The lower the rotation value you use the more fidelity you get in your FFB forces. So I always try to use 540* for all cars unless it's a retro monster or road car. You really do feel an improvement with 540* over 900*.

Steering lock is hugely important for FFB as well. With 540* I use about 20* in garage depending on the car so that would need to be about 33* in garage for 900* rotation.

Always aim for minimum 60fps for best car control.

Oh and some people like to use the look to apex function.........In my experience it can have a negetive effect on FFB giving a false sense of understeer. Run it low or off completely imo.

@Jack Sargent
Did you test it or not?

No, there's nothing to test. I did had a look at your settings briefly..........compare them to my suggestions if you like and then do a test in game.

I don't see what exactly you want me to test anyway?

That guide for simbin games is like a million years old. Don't think all those suggestions in there are still up to date with current games Jack

Why not? The settings are basically the same as they have been since GTL and GTR2. Sure the tyre model might have changed but I am still after the same FFB information now as I was back then.

If the lines in the FFB settings are the same then the guide will still be totally relevant no?

I hate this sim! Because of this ridicules invalid lap thing I cannot do better than 1:26.

But if they would correct this invalid lap thing it would be not that bad!

Without the frustrations that invalid lap gives you with outside corners this sim is a blast.

(ok that you get invalid lap when cutting corners but this?)

The invalidation rules are actually very liberal in the teaser.
Normally (real life and most SIMs) you get sanctioned for having more than 2 wheels outside the white lines. Doesn't matter if you're cutting the track on the inside or on the outside, both are considered cuts.

That being said, I think it's fair to say the game needs a bit of getting used to.
Personally I'm a slow learner and it took me days to get to the pace of top 100.
The handling model has all aids active and because of that the car behaves rather peculiar.
There's a lot of understeer on turn in and poor traction on exits due to TCS and/or ESP which interferes with power delivery (to prevent wheelspin and oversteer).
From my perspective the secret to a good lap (1:23 or lower) is in the racing line.
A good, smooth line will help you keep momentum through the corners much better and get on the power earlier.

Anyway stay positive and keep at it :)
I'm sure you'll get top times soon enough.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%