TearOffs Question!

I still cant understand why F1 drivers take off that plastic thing from their visors (TearOffs) while driving away from the pit stop, it can be dangerous if it goes in the engine air intake

Why not take it while actually pitting? this way it it wont be just flying around the pits and causing problems like what happen to Hulkenberg in USA track!

Any one else think the same!

They already have enough to do in just 3 seconds when they're stationary. They have to stop at a precise point, so that the airgun guys can get to work even when the wheels are still rotating, hold the clutch, sometimes change the engine maps for driving off, focus on the signal to go, drive off as soon as possible (no sooner, cause... you know :whistling:) and not stall the engine. I'm just guessing here, but I think they don't have more than a second of "free" time, so having to look for that thingy at the side of the visor (they can't see it!) would just be too distracting.

They already have enough to do in just 3 seconds when they're stationary. They have to stop at a precise point, so that the airgun guys can get to work even when the wheels are still rotating, hold the clutch, sometimes change the engine maps for driving off, focus on the signal to go, drive off as soon as possible (no sooner, cause... you know :whistling:) and not stall the engine. I'm just guessing here, but I think they don't have more than a second of "free" time, so having to look for that thingy at the side of the visor (they can't see it!) would just be too distracting.

I meant someone else can remove it while pitting, that thing can set the engine on fire!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 181 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 498 39.1%