Teamspeak

Denial of Service Vulnerability

Yag Kohha has reported a vulnerability in TeamSpeak, which can be exploited by malicious people to cause a DoS (Denial of Service).

The vulnerability is caused due to an error in the processing of HTTP POST requests to login.tscmd and can be exploited to cause high CPU load via a specially crafted requests to port 14534/TCP.

The vulnerability is reported in version 2.0. Other versions may also be affected.

Less Critical

Solution:
Restrict network access to port 14534/TCP.
or using Update:
ftp://ftp.freenet.de/pub/4players/teamspeak.org/developer/server/202317

This port has to be configured into every router who wants to connect to TS.

Turn the firewall on then you are protected only open this port, be aware not to use DMZ in your router, if you configure this port and you also use DMZ on the specified ip adress, then you are still vulnerable.

have some question marcel :)

"if you configure this port and you also use DMZ on the specified ip adress,
then you are still vulnerable.
"

What u mean with DMZ ? Exposed Host or Real Screened Subnet
IF Exposed Host then you are right all pakets can be checked
only by Source/Destination Address and Destination Port, ... the way is free for flooding

The question in this case, what kind of DMZ with FW they are using ...
packet filters, stateful Inspection, Application-Layer-Firewall etc....or ffmo spyware :eek: :spy:

Does Skype and TS conflict

Since i installed Skype last night people start complaining that i echo in teamspeak.
Can that be the reason so many people echo? Maybe those all have Skype installed

• FOG-Racecarmike

There are two ways to solve the problem:

Way one:
These echos are produced by your sound-drivers, they should be configurable by your driver too (its not a bug, its a feature). You can select from which devices to record in the mixer (a mixer is the place where you can slide all these volume controls). Make sure the microphone is the only entry that is being recorded from. How exactly this is called, and where exactly you can find it depends on your driver/OS combination, you just have to search around. It will be in Volume Control somewhere probably.

Way two:
I am not sure if this works for TeamSpeak, but try to see if there is an option to do this on TeamSpeak. It works on Ventrilo...

Most likely you have a Creative Labs sound card and using it for the microphone input. There is nothing wrong with the card but the way the system wide sound mixer controls are configured by default. For some unknown reason Creative defaults the sound input device to mix all input sources into a single source. This includes, mic, sound loopback, midi, wave, etc... They all get mixed together. If you reinstall Creative drivers or update to newer ones then this will quite often revert back to all-in-one mix mode again.

The solution to this problem is quite simple but must be performed by the person who is generating the echo. YOU MoNoXiD3.

Go into Ventrilo Setup and select a Mixer for the sound card that will be the sound input device (as determined by the "Input device" option). This will populate the Mux and Line options. Normally there should only be one Mux. It's possible that you might have numerous Line options. Go ahead and select "Microphone" or what ever is appropriate for the input line and then click OK.

That should solve the problem.

Please note that selecting a mixer, mux and line will enable the "Hardware volume" slider. This gives you hardware level control over the sound input signal and is the best way for controlling how loud you are. Setting the slider to half way seems to work best for most people but that will be system and hardware dependent.

See if you can do this on TeamSpeak.

Hope it helps,

Mikey.

Does anyone have any suggestions about what kind of headset to purchase?

I'm just getting started with my on-line experience and have looked at several, but don't know which features turn out to be the most important. Wired, wireless, usb, directly plugged into sound card, BlueTooth, over-the-ear, conventional microphone style, noise cancellation?...

Does anyone have any suggestions about what kind of headset to purchase?

I'm just getting started with my on-line experience and have looked at several, but don't know which features turn out to be the most important. Wired, wireless, usb, directly plugged into sound card, BlueTooth, over-the-ear, conventional microphone style, noise cancellation?...

Wired... Into Sound Card... Probably more conventional type but that part doesn't really matter.

I would recommend these if your going on a budget.

• Antoine Morin

Just buy the same Gareth...but i got a problem. I 'm forced to go under the desk every time i don't want to use it ...so i just use a Logitech USB that was for a PS2 game, and it works well.

Do you have front panel with all the connections ?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%