TeamSpeak Takes Over Sound

Hello Everybody,

I am relatively new to RD, and also relatively new to TeamSpeak. I have two issues that I'm hoping somebody can help with. I am running Windows 10, and using the SteelSeries Arctis 7 gaming headphones. So far I've experienced both issues on ACC, have yet to join TeamSpeak with another game running. I've set the default Windows sound output to the headphone "game" setting, and the default Windows communication input to the headphone "chat" setting.

1. When I start ACC, all of my sound settings work as expected; I can adjust the game/chat volume knob between the two channels perfectly (I tested this by running CrewChief on the chat channel), and the standard volume works. Once I open TeamSpeak, only the channel that TeamSpeak is set to works, and all other channels stop playing any sound. For example, if TeamSpeak is set to the chat channel, I have to set the sim to chat channel to hear the sim output (not ideal). I'm pretty sure this is my own user error or selecting the wrong setting, but I can't figure it out. Hopefully somebody out there can help me...

2. I recently installed Overwolf as well, but it doesn't seem to work with ACC. I did read a couple of RD threads that seem to suggest this, or that it stopped working at some point, but I can't find much more info on that. If anybody knows a bit more that would be great as well.

Thanks for your help, see you on the track!

Only thing I know about is a windows setting, which mutes all sounds when a call/communication is detected by windows.
Right Click on the speaker symbol on bottom right of windows/ open sound-settings/ click on sound control panel (on the right side )/ click on the tab called communication.
(My Windows is in german, the actual wording may differ)
The first option on the pic says: "mute all sounds"
The setting i chose is: "Do nothing"

Attachments

• Communication_setting.JPG
    Communication_setting.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 74
Thanks for the replies. I took a look at both settings but the issue isn't fixed. Looks like my next step is to reach out to SteelSeries and see if they can help.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back