RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I own everything. I agree that then the base game is as cheap as £1.50, it makes an add-on pack that's £6 look expensive. But when you can get the entire bundle for £25, that's still cheaper than any Forza or Gran Turismo. And the amount of time we spend for that money, it's amazing value.

Unfortunately, I don't know why, my internet crashed for a moment, :thumbsdown:
and it was impossible to re-enter, because we were two minutes before RACE...
Very bad...
Such a pity...
I 'm sorry...:(
And since I cut off smoking as a new year's promise...:rolleyes:
My nerves are like SPAGHETTI now. :devilish:

See you around guys...

Phew.. yesterday was new gear day - got myself some new pedals after the issues those stock DFGT pedals were causing the past few weeks. Took me some time to get kinda used to it (and it will take more time! ;)) but I got back to what was my PB pretty soon when I went for a few laps yesterday.
However, I wasn't back to the (somewhat) usual consistency. At all. (But then again, this might've not been the perfect track to change the braking method :D)
A timely arrival into P1 meant some more practice, though, and while I got a bit more consistent (and below 1:20!), I still opted to not qualify as I didn't want to risk messing up the braking and piling up the entire grid ;)

Had a good start but lifted through T1 & 2 - it wasn't the time to pass, yet ;) Soon enough, I got by @Aleksander Pienkowski, though. With @Dennis Phelan bumping into @Belet Michel during the next lap, that was 3 positions gained already!
kzT6ocx.jpg

Next up was the other Lada on today's grid, maneuvered by @Piotrek Blaszczak - getting right behind him for the straight, I drafted past, kept it through the final corner and performed the same move when @Reggie Blain Snr turned up a few laps later.
583YtgK.jpg

However, a screwed up turn or two brought Reggie back to my rear bumper and he paid back the favour. For the next few laps, we got a nice battle going, all while Dennis got closer and closer to the both of us...
NaHwRVj.jpg

And indeed it was him who turned up metres behind me after Reggie had distributed parts of his car in the countryside ;)
After a few laps, Dennis got into passing position after I had screwed up that last-to-the-straight corner yet again and got by to claim P7.
Dqdg5Hc.jpg

Now in P8, I realized I was about to start from pole position and quickly went in for a... really, really necessary pit stop, costing me a few positions ;)
Starting from P10, I got off the line fairly well yet again. Unfortunately, that was about it as my front right tyre/bumper/everything met the barriers of T1 and thus put me into commentary ;)
NYHORiV.jpg

Thanks for racing, everyone - see you next time!

Lucky me, I ended up with a car that hauls ass! So I tried to put it to good use :)

R1: OK, great around the track but I forgot to explore getting it off the line at the start, it didn't with first too low and second too high. Tenth by the time I got to T6 :(. L2 approaching T6 I closed on Michel and Tapped him off back to P12 :). After a lap or two I was up to speed and nailing the esses and back straight, moving up in the world :). L4-11 I'm watching Bjorn and Snr ahead wondering if I can catch them? Snr takes a tumble and I have to chase Bjorn, free to run. I was really expecting a 16 lap race and needed that lap to pass Bjorn, fortunately he over braked just before the straight and I got by on L15 :confused:.

R2: I made a gear change for the start but didn't realize the full extent of my problem and there was still a huge gap between first and second so I crawled off the line barely able to stay in the front group. At least by now I did understand my cars abilities and how safe it was to push. On L2 I was able to pass both Wayne and Piotrek, Aaron alone ahead and wonder how long this was going to last. TS is silent but there;'s plenty of noise going on, a very regular Thump...Thump...Thump coming from my headset, no it's from my ears, it's my heartbeat loud and strong :roflmao:. Wayne and Piotrek are holding up the fast guys, great job but on L4 Reggie gets by, it won't be long :coffee:. Reggie's by on L6 and Arunas is close behind :sick: and can get on my bumper but the long straight stumps him. He's able to run on my bumper and draft but to no avail. Nelson gets by him on L12 and passes me hard, he has some top end and can draft but not make the pass. Lucky me the race ends before Nelson can find the room to make a pass!

A very nice track for these cars, Thursday will be another story as the Muscle cars take over. I hope you've practiced in them?

Thanks to all for some great racing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 304 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.2%
  • < 4 years