RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

It was my first online race for the last 3,5 years. So I'm very happy! :cool:
There's nothing to say about qualy, superpole doesn't forgive mistakes, so I could not get much of it. :)
The first race was pretty good for me. I've started well and managed to set stable laptimes and had some great battles with @Björn Golda and @Rafael Kajstura. Little mistakes in every lap didn't let me get a higher place. So, P5 for me right after the Björn and Rafael.
Race 2 is a different story.. Good start, P3 after a couple of laps. I was getting closer and closer to the leaders, but @Matthias Klein already was on my rearwing. And once both @Nelson Ullinskey and @Daniel Linder ran wide, me and Mathias rushed to the open space. Mathias was much faster behind, our lines crossed and I was slammed into the wall. I didn't lose much time, but my suspension was damaged. Rafael has passed by, but I was able to stay right behind him. I couldn't brake properly in the next corner so i hit Rafael. So sorry for that, Rafael! :( The race was ruined and the only thing I could do was to see the checkered flag.
Anyway I've had a great time! Thanks a lot, guys! :thumbsup:

Qualifying lap times
dNKAjxi.jpg

Qualifying sector times
RxRMsoH.jpg

Race 1 results:
AgYeggO.jpg

Race 2 results:
KAtK2am.jpg

I have a few questions, maybe you can help me.
1. I can see the custom skins, but not all of them. For example, there's no Björn's skin in my game. I'm sure I've unpacked all of them.
2. Can't see player's names in game. I've tried to reassign button, but nothing happens when I push it.
Any ideas?

I have a few questions, maybe you can help me.
1. I can see the custom skins, but not all of them. For example, there's no Björn's skin in my game. I'm sure I've unpacked all of them.
2. Can't see player's names in game. I've tried to reassign button, but nothing happens when I push it.
Any ideas?

1 - Hum, that would be weird, maybe the extracting process stopped at some point? Under normal circumstances, unpacking the skinpack from "%USERPROFILE%\Documents\SimBin\RACE 07\CustomSkins" should create a folder containing all the drivers/their liveries.
2 - what's your FoV? depending on how low this is, the driver names might be drawn too high to be displayed.
However, said height of the labels can be configured in your .PLR file at "%USERPROFILE%\Documents\SimBin\RACE 07\UserData\<YOUR_NAME_HERE>" - in this text file, the following values should be present (search by pressing Ctrl+F, depending on your text editor):
Code:
Height of vehicle labels
Distance multiplier
I'd suggest playing around with the multiplier value, setting it to half the default value, checking ingame, and slowly working towards your desired result.

1 - Hum, that would be weird, maybe the extracting process stopped at some point? Under normal circumstances, unpacking the skinpack from "%USERPROFILE%\Documents\SimBin\RACE 07\CustomSkins" should create a folder containing all the drivers/their liveries.
2 - what's your FoV? depending on how low this is, the driver names might be drawn too high to be displayed.
However, said height of the labels can be configured in your .PLR file at "%USERPROFILE%\Documents\SimBin\RACE 07\UserData\<YOUR_NAME_HERE>" - in this text file, the following values should be present (search by pressing Ctrl+F, depending on your text editor):
Code:
Height of vehicle labels
Distance multiplier
I'd suggest playing around with the multiplier value, setting it to half the default value, checking ingame, and slowly working towards your desired result.
I have an idea about skinpack. There is a non-ANSI symbol in your name, which is not recognised by my operating system. Maybe this is the reason for the game to skip the folder.:unsure: I'll try to fix that later by renaming the folder or installing additional langpack, we'll see.
And yep, my FOV is very low. It seems to be the reason. Thanks!

I'll try to fix that later by renaming the folder or installing additional langpack, we'll see.

Please let us know how it turns out - specifically if renaming folders & files is enough, keeping the livery info (driver & team names) intact, as we could easily purge the special characters from the folder structure in next week's update, whereas I'd rather not like to change actual names in-game if it can be prevented :)

Yes, Height of vehicle labels and Distance multiplier did the trick, now I can see the labels! :)
Renaming folders to ANSI-respective names also helped. I would suggest to do this in the next skinpack update to rid other players from this problem in the future.

Please let us know how it turns out - specifically if renaming folders & files is enough, keeping the livery info (driver & team names) intact, as we could easily purge the special characters from the folder structure in next week's update, whereas I'd rather not like to change actual names in-game if it can be prevented :)
Huh, it looks like we've started to write answers at the same time, but it took me more time because of my poor English. :laugh:
To rename folders will be enough, no need to change in-game names. :)

*looks at signup list* oh. OH. what happened over here? Anyways, I'll try to make it, but I'm a bit short on time this week, haven't even had time to check on the pedals (apparently it's rather easy to open them & give the brake spring a bit more force) - we'll see.

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201450):
For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

Nope, won't make this one - company christmas party :D
(next week will be better :))

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201450):

For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 396 16.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 267 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 255 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 186 7.7%