Teamspeak 3

Ramon van Rijn

RaceDepartment Co-Founder
Premium
Teamspeak 3 (beta) is available since a month now and has been updated a lot since then.

We could try to switch to TS3 if you lot like. With a side-note that we should update it from time to time to keep it to the latest version.

What are your thoughts? TS2 or TS3?

Will we have to keep updating each time a new beta is released? Or will we be able to use it even if we miss one?
If we have to keep updating frequently, then why not wait until it is finalised.

I have used the latest beta elsewhere, and it seems fine though.

Will we have to keep updating each time a new beta is released? Or will we be able to use it even if we miss one?
If we have to keep updating frequently, then why not wait until it is finalised.

I have used the latest beta elsewhere, and it seems fine though.

If there are no serious issues with the installed Beta, I see no reason to keep track of every update. Updating twice a week is not our way to go :)

From the little experience I've had with TS3, the client updates automatically (or it didi in the version I have) so that shouldn't be much of an issue.

The Server side part of it hasn't had too many changes since release so unless its recommended by the Devs (like beta 11 release was) then it shouldn't be too much hassle keeping upto date (current server release is beta 15)

The clarity and quality of the voices is so much better IMO

From the little experience I've had with TS3, the client updates automatically (or it didi in the version I have) so that shouldn't be much of an issue.

The Server side part of it hasn't had too many changes since release so unless its recommended by the Devs (like beta 11 release was) then it shouldn't be too much hassle keeping upto date (current server release is beta 15)

The clarity and quality of the voices is so much better IMO

Thanks!

And...you can now assign a wheel button for 'push to talk'. As a driving simmer, that was the only reason to use Ventrilo. Now, where do I find your IP? :)

EDIT: Stand down, I've found it.

TS3 is such a sweet pice of software, its nearly clear as ventrillo now
and most important is ppl can hear me now with my crapy mic

3468_s.jpg
<-- my mic

not directly but close, it came with the soundblaster 16bit card i had in my 2nd ever pc and if the soundcard supports +20db it works totaly flawless
if the soundcard dont support it like the one i have now onboard its just pain in the a..

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 455 39.3%