Teamspeak 3 - Installation & Creating a Bookmark For Race Department

Dave Stephenson

RaceDepartment Technical Administrator
Staff
Premium
NB: the Teamspeak server is only available to Premium members.

SERVER ADDRESS
ts.racedepartment.com

SERVER PASSWORD
see here

INSTALLATION
Download the latest Teamspeak 3 client from the link below. It is available in 32 and 64 bit versions. For most users on Windows 8 or above this will be the 64bit version. If you have any doubts about which is suitable for your PC, select the 32 bit option.
DOWNLOAD

Run the downloaded installer to completion. The installer will also offer to install OverWolf though it is not required.

You can now join the server by clicking the TEAMSPEAK link in the main menu of the site or by creating a bookmark as detailed below.
upload_2017-10-13_15-25-44.png

CREATE A BOOKMARK

1) Click the bookmarks menu, and select 'Manage Bookmarks'
1-bookmarks-menu.png

2) A new dialog box will appear. click 'Add Bookmark', and select the new bookamrk it created in the list.
2-addbookmark.png

3) Enter the details in the boxes at the bottom of the dialog.
Label: RaceDepartment.com (Though this can be anything you choose)
Address: ts.racedepartment.com
Nickname: This should be your username from the forum or your realname.
3-details.png

4) Once your bookmark is created, the main box to be concerned with is the server password box. This is the password available here. When the password changes, this is where to update it. Remember to click 'Apply' once you've entered the password.
4-serverpassword.png

After completing the steps above you can connect to the server by clicking the bookmarks menu and selecting the new option there for Race Department.

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason I am not able to enable my microphone. It shows up in tools/options/capture and I even created another 'PTT' profile with the capture device specifically as my VR headset mic. Begin Test has the device working fine, but when I connect to the server the 'Activate Microphone' tab is disabled and I don't even have the status showing a mic at all. I tried switching profiles between PTT and Default but still nada... any hints? All the stuff google is pulling up tells me to sort the profile out, which I thought I had done, but maybe I missed something in the process?

Hi got it installed, how do you get the overlay to work when in the game doesn't seem to do anything :(
Oops, sorry for slow reply! Did you figure it out yet? If not, which overlay were you using, in which sim? :)
For some reason I am not able to enable my microphone. [snip]
Those symptoms are weird - I can't begin to understand why it would show up OK in a test and then vanish :-/
Maybe wipe it and retry? (Yup, clutching at straws...)

Hey, thanks for responding @Neilski - I ended up disconnecting and reconnecting the VR headset and then it started working :rolleyes: - just one of those quirky things I guess

EDIT: don't suppose you have any suggestions for a teamspeak overlay that works in VR? I could not get the wolf thingy to show up.

Oops, sorry for slow reply! Did you figure it out yet? If not, which overlay were you using, in which sim? :)
Those symptoms are weird - I can't begin to understand why it would show up OK in a test and then vanish :-/
Maybe wipe it and retry? (Yup, clutching at straws...)

No worries, you can nope I gave up to be honest lol, was trying to get overwolf to work with asseto corsa

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%