Teamspeak 3 - Installation & Creating a Bookmark For Race Department

Dave Stephenson

RaceDepartment Technical Administrator
Staff
Premium
NB: the Teamspeak server is only available to Premium members.

SERVER ADDRESS
ts.racedepartment.com

SERVER PASSWORD
see here

INSTALLATION
Download the latest Teamspeak 3 client from the link below. It is available in 32 and 64 bit versions. For most users on Windows 8 or above this will be the 64bit version. If you have any doubts about which is suitable for your PC, select the 32 bit option.
DOWNLOAD

Run the downloaded installer to completion. The installer will also offer to install OverWolf though it is not required.

You can now join the server by clicking the TEAMSPEAK link in the main menu of the site or by creating a bookmark as detailed below.
upload_2017-10-13_15-25-44.png

CREATE A BOOKMARK

1) Click the bookmarks menu, and select 'Manage Bookmarks'
1-bookmarks-menu.png

2) A new dialog box will appear. click 'Add Bookmark', and select the new bookamrk it created in the list.
2-addbookmark.png

3) Enter the details in the boxes at the bottom of the dialog.
Label: RaceDepartment.com (Though this can be anything you choose)
Address: ts.racedepartment.com
Nickname: This should be your username from the forum or your realname.
3-details.png

4) Once your bookmark is created, the main box to be concerned with is the server password box. This is the password available here. When the password changes, this is where to update it. Remember to click 'Apply' once you've entered the password.
4-serverpassword.png

After completing the steps above you can connect to the server by clicking the bookmarks menu and selecting the new option there for Race Department.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone please help me?
It's been a few years since i've been here and i'm a little rusty(getting old i guess),
if i talk on the chit chat channel i dont see my blue dot lite up.
I know that it works because i've already been using TS on public servers with a friend
so why is it not working here?

Last edited:
Thx Paul for the link.:thumbsup:
i will check again this evening,but as i said before :it all worked perfect last thursday evening on a public ts server,
so i dont understand why i dont see the blue dot lite up when i speak on the racedep ts.:O_o:
Maybe i was tyred last night :sleep:.
We'll see tonight.

Hi. I just upgraded to Premium membership in hopes of racing online soon.

Using something like Teamspeak is new to me. I don't have an audio headset though. I usually use a VR headset (for video) with my sims' audio running thru speakers in my gaming chair. Can anyone recommend a microphone that would work well with this setup?

Thanks!

• Deleted member 387850

Using something like Teamspeak is new to me. I don't have an audio headset though. I usually use a VR headset (for video) with my sims' audio running thru speakers in my gaming chair. Can anyone recommend a microphone that would work well with this setup?

Thanks!

Welcome board, Bert! How about something like the ModMic 5? You should be able to attach it to your VR headset, although personally I don't have VR so I'd recommend checking to make sure it fits ;)

Thanks!

Which VR headset do you have? I have a Rift and use the inbuilt microphone and headphones when racing.

Welcome board, Bert! How about something like the ModMic 5? You should be able to attach it to your VR headset, although personally I don't have VR so I'd recommend checking to make sure it fits ;)

Just ordered one from Amazon, Thanks. I hope to have it for Wednesday's AC Race at Bridgehampton. That would be my first online race in many years, so be kind to me everyone! :D

which channel can i connect to to test out my TS setup? I'm running in a RD live stream this upcoming friday and I need to test out the TS setup. Any help is welcome. Thanks
If there's nobody in the RD TS server at any given point (any channel, providing the race there isn't actually in progress - use the calendar to check), you can always test your setup on the "TeamSpeak Public" server, which should be in your bookmarks as part of the normal installation. Failing that, you can either ask here again or ask the host of the race you're in and they can probably help out.

If there's nobody in the RD TS server at any given point (any channel, providing the race there isn't actually in progress - use the calendar to check), you can always test your setup on the "TeamSpeak Public" server, which should be in your bookmarks as part of the normal installation. Failing that, you can either ask here again or ask the host of the race you're in and they can probably help out.

Ok thanks, I'll try that.

Is there a way of starting teamspeak "launching a bookmark". I have various channels and would love to start the right channel with my streamDeck
I just had a look at this. It's remarkably difficult to find any documentation on TeamSpeak! I had forgotten quite how awful it is cos it's been many months since I last tried.

I have found that something like this
Code:
ts3client_win64.exe ts3server://ts.racedepartment.com
will "work" if you have a bookmark for that server (e.g. it will use the password from the bookmark).
You don't necessarily need to specify the executable (which would need the right path if you did use it), depending on how you launch it (e.g. I was able to hit Windows-R and just paste the ts3server://ts.racedepartment.com in and run it directly).

I found the most useful info here (NB: post 4 of that thread has the crucial info, in case the link doesn't bring you quite there). Similar things are stated elsewhere but without the supporting info about using the password from the bookmark, and using the "Invite Buddy" method to generate a handy link, which will even let you create a link to join the same channel, e.g.:
Code:
ts3server://ts.racedepartment.com?channel=Racing%20Clubs%2FAssetto%20Corsa

I just had a look at this. It's remarkably difficult to find any documentation on TeamSpeak! I had forgotten quite how awful it is cos it's been many months since I last tried.

Code:
will "work" if you have a bookmark for that server (e.g. it will use the password from the bookmark).
You don't necessarily need to specify the executable (which would need the right path if you did use it), depending on how you launch it (e.g. I was able to hit Windows-R and just paste the ts3server://ts.racedepartment.com in and run it directly).

I found the most useful info here (NB: post 4 of that thread has the crucial info, in case the link doesn't bring you quite there). Similar things are stated elsewhere but without the supporting info about using the password from the bookmark, and using the "Invite Buddy" method to generate a handy link, which will even let you create a link to join the same channel, e.g.:
Code:
Wow thanks!!! I also had a look on the FAQ and are terribly outdated. On one page it says you can do something and on the next, that you can’t

Code:

Code:
Simply inserting the
ts3server://ts.racedepartment.com
works like a charm!!!

1572997615836.png

Many Thanks!!!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 248 15.1%
  • < 2 years