TeamHRM: An up and coming Modding Group

Ladies and Gentlemen.

Introducing a new modding team... TeamHRM.

We are new to modding and learning as we go.
What got us into modding was the acquisition of a mod that people have wanted finished that stalled a fair while ago now. We have picked up the ARSimulations 1997 V8 Supercar mod.Hammie Stein and Richard (JFF-Coleman) are the ones doing the models and textures. Between us we are figuring out 3DS MAX, and various other tools of the trade as we go. I (Hammie) is faster than we anticipated with 3DsMax so things are progressing along slowly. Richard has taken up all the skinning duties for the cars. He has been skinning cars for a few years now.

We are both extremely excited to have picked up this mod. We have both been following it and were both seriously disappointed when it stopped. I (Hammie) got in touch with the ARSimulation project leader, Kyle Austin, and he was more than happy to let us take over the mod in a very primitive form a few months ago.

There was a lot of work that had to go into the models to get them to even show up in game. With most of this being learned from Scratch.

In it's current form, the VS Commodore has a body, wheels and primitive Interior in the spinner. It has a paintable body, wheels, towhook and bonnet pins. The car does run n track, but the physics and drivability are not that great as no work has been done in that area. The EL Falcon needs a lot of work to get it even close to the Commodore as of yet.
We have decided for our sake to just use the VS and EL models. Older models were used during the 1997 period but we both agreed that the VS and EL were the way to go, as they were the most popular cars in the series at the time. Also the numbers of older models were so low it isn't feasible to make them. We acknowledge this isn't entirely accurate, but in doing this, the mod gets to the community quicker.

We will stress again that we are new to modding and learning on the run. As such there will be no release date given other than next year. We are making this in our spare time and real life always comes first. So please do NOT ask us for a release date, as one is not known.

We have a few beta testers sorted out already, and they will get the mod in due time. We are currently not looking for any others, but at a later date, more may be picked up.

We are also negotiating (or will be) with a physics guru to help us on that front.

Sounds are last on the list. We will worry about these when the time comes.

At this moment in time, the mod will only be released for rFactor 1. Once it is completed, we may look at porting it over to other sims, but there is no plans for that at this point in time.

We will endeavour to keep you updated on the progress of the mod. Hammie has made a forum that we will manage and I will also use these threads to keep you updated as well. Hammie will contact VirtualR and run the rFactorcentral.com page.

Coming Soon: In Game Shots of the Commodore & Forum Link.

Regards,Richard (JFF-Coleman)/Hammie

TeamHRM Modding would like to Thank:

Kyle Austin: Providing us with the mod, and letting us continue/complete his work.

FlashQLD: Helping us out in our learning of 3DsMax. Without him, this would not be happening right now.

Personally, I think an rF2 conversion would be difficult to do. It seems as though its not very mod friendly. Given the similarities between rf1 and AMS, which is very little at all, that would be the best bet to get it into AMS and then go from there. It has got a lot of support going behind it, that's for sure

All good mate. I'll borrow my parents laptop tomorrow to do some uploading. I'll upload the file to mediafire then send you a pm with the link.

From memory the to do list is HUGE! Sounds, Liveries (I may have some VS skins lying around), file structure, physics.... Only thing done by memory is the VS body and wheels.

All good mate. I'll borrow my parents laptop tomorrow to do some uploading. I'll upload the file to mediafire then send you a pm with the link.

From memory the to do list is HUGE! Sounds, Liveries (I may have some VS skins lying around), file structure, physics.... Only thing done by memory is the VS body and wheels.

Would be good if i could get this aswell to pass this onto the mod builders at AMSOZ, welcome to keep your input of course.
Might be worth joining our group, and giving our head admin, Brock Harvey a message. I am more than sure he would be interested into getting this moving ahead.

Feel free to send me an email (megacamstar@gmail.com) if you like, with the link.

Look forward to hearing back from you.
Cameron

Ok, so the group I gave the mod files to I have doubts they will ever finish it for even Automoblista. So if anyone wants the 1997 files them PM me directly here and I will be hapopy to talk about passing it on again. Hopefully it will see the light of day in rF1/2 one day.

There has been NO work on it since the last post. Real life has been a nightmare for me lately, so it is still in a raw state.

Coley

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 77 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 55 8.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 37 6.0%
  • < 5 years