rF2 Team up LMP2 & Nissan 370z @ Sebring - Wednesday April 10th 2013

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Green track may be a bug, caught pretty much everyone out at the start.

Stefan W - you gave me a drive through for blue flags. Was letting you go but you never went past and the game gave me a penalty.

Apart from the first lap and a 176s pit stop, I could of kept Craig company at the front of the Nissan battle judging by our lap times in the race.

Oh well, I think Craig and Stefan have won this one too. The rest of us need to stop them.

Yes me too. I have a bug sometimes in rfactor2 that i don't see the rubber for the first few laps, when its already there and I was first into the first corner and oh boy there was really no rubber. But I am generally very good in low grip conditions and had a gap to Mickael. A bit of traffic cost me some time, but all nice and controlled. Suddenly on one lap I spun on the exit of the hairpin. I have no idea why. I took it steady and the line was correct. I did a bit of damage to the front and had a fight with Mickael. After that my car was strange. In some laps it was great (I did the fastest lap with that damage) and in other laps it understeered massively and then on some other laps I got snappy oversteer.
After sometime I realised I couldn't get Mickael with that and dropped back and tried to stay on the black stuff. I fueled for 24 laps according to rfactor, but on lap 18 I had just 3liters left. Stefan was 13 seconds behind so I didn't want to do a pit stop and coasted around and crossed the line with 30kph.

I like the car beside my problems today and chasing Mickael for some laps through the traffic was great. Real mixed class racing feel. Grats to Mickael for his nice overtake and you still can drive these very wide cars side by side.

Next time I hope for more luck :D

I was really surprised by the green track, I had make my setup only on erased track and I had not at all the same reactions. A little disappointed, but especially surprised...

Road condition: Pre-rubbered ....

I was also surprised when thre race started it was back to green. That made it very difficult in the beginning.
Will need to find out why that happened as the server was not setup like that.

Will do the calculations tomorrow
Results20130410_zpsdcf44f3d.jpg

Well was looking forward to drive against peeps with my own car, I drove many test runs on Sebring and Mid Ohio when I was making the car, but never did any serious setup work for it. As I was moving in the wrong direction with it, my speed was no where to be found, so Mickeal setup came as a gift from heaven. Thanx m8! :thumbsup: I started to be comfortable in it and could drive consistent 1:57~1:58's without pushing hard. I was surprised that I qualified 3rd with only a half good lap. :p

With the start I could hold position was extra carefull not to slide on the green track. Soon Stefan was on my back and to be sure not to end up in tears I let him pass and stay on his tail. After a few lap he span and there was a lot of smoke, so I could not see where he was and almost put my car to a stop. When the smoke cleared the was was right in front of me with his nose pointing to me. We just toughed our noses (like an eskimo's kiss :D ).

I drove away from him and gained time on the battling Mickael and Freddy. I think as soon Mickael took the lead the made the gap bigger.

I span one time, so Stefan made the 13 seconds gap smaller to like 4 seconds.

Stefan W - you gave me a drive through for blue flags. Was letting you go but you never went past and the game gave me a penalty.

Sorry to hear tha Nick. It was not the easiest section (S2) of the the track to get passed as you had to stay on the race line and had excelent corner speed. My corner exit speed was too low to make a pass and I wanted to avoid any contact, so decided to go it on the back straight, but then you moved over just before the S3 mark. Too bad you got a drivethru for that. :(

Here I lost some time on Stefan and the gap was like 1 second, but I returned to consistent lap times again and increased the gap. 2 laps be fore the end I saw I had 3 liters fuel left and had to go in for a splash and dash. I forgot to dissable the repair damage, so enstead of 4 seconds for the fuel it was 24 seconds which has costed me the 2nd place from Freddy as I passed the finish within about 3 seconds. :D

Great event, I love the multi class races with a team feel to it. Thank you all for joining and hope to see you soon again. :thumbsup:

PS:
I am at work now and pictures are blocked so I cannot see my screenshots which I need to calculate the results. :(

I really enjoyed this race! I don't have much experience with RWDs so I spun like 4 times but admit that I pushed a lot to keep up with the guys in front. The pace was there but not consistent.

Had a great battle with Stefan at the beginning and end and in the last 3 laps I was behind his buttock but was pushing hard and spun. Then I went out of fuel and had to pit.

My pit buttons were disabled during the race. Is this something setup from the server??!!! I could not request pit or change pit settings while in race.

Stefan, I have to thank you again for this mod, really really enjoy it. Have to point out that I put the caster to max to make the wheel feel heavier and added some extra FFB and it felt really good.

Looking forward for more races with LMP2 :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%