Team Speak - Crew Chief - In Game Sound Balance

DND

Stay Safe, Healthy and be Kind - Stop Hate
I am having issues setting up TS, CC and R3E so that the volume of one is not over powering the others. I am using a headset and I can hear each of them, but is there a setting(s) in any of these that will tone down the others if active.

I use the Windows volume mixer. Right click on the speaker icon on the right hand side of the task bar. CC seems to default to full volume, every time I restart it, while TS and my games stay at the levels I set for them.
Hope this helps. :)

Reactions: DND
I am having issues setting up TS, CC and R3E so that the volume of one is not over powering the others. I am using a headset and I can hear each of them, but is there a setting(s) in any of these that will tone down the others if active.

Bothered me too so I went looking and found Ear Trumpet

US site: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/eartrumpet/9nblggh516xp?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Looks to do what you want, individual levels for TS, CC and in this example rfactor 2
how well it works in practice will be for you to find out ;)

I am going to set this up too but I see what you think first :barefoot:

EAR-TRUMPET.jpg

Reactions: DND
  • Deleted member 197115

"Messages Volume" slider in CrewChief doesn't work for you?
upload_2019-1-7_8-36-58.png

I think he would like to find a way so one program gets to mute others when used. Not just find individual volumes..

When you find better let us know please ;)

He never mentioned wanting to mute anything but adjust levels which is exactly what ear trumpet does ;)

If you on a lap and want to listen to TS you still have to open /click on the CC volume adjustment and vice a versa .

This lets you easily do all audio levels at the same time including sim engine level in one window when lapping providing you use FSW mode of course ( Full-screen windowed)

Last edited:
He's absolutely asking for some kind of auto-ducking.

I misread that bit none the less should not mean alternatives can't be used
I like it heaps
I use private online rF2 room for testing in this instance so I can test all
F3 SR4L engines without reloading tracks ( you can swap cars in garage )
That way I can watch or let the ai lap for opt..times and without it pausing
like offline does

Same as when I had open online room in rF2 all day 3 years waiting for runners I
would FSW sim sites, watch movies and utube like in pic below
I had to control all volumes separately , hassle
Ear Trumpet makes it easy

The other thing even if there is a app would do it you would not want it disabling everything every-time would you ? So would need manual adjustment anyway

Take different cars and tracks loudness can vary in pits so you may want to change level for rF2 in pic below ...again would need a manual adjustment to the apps settings
Movies or tube are not all the same volume..... again you would need to manually reset the appssettings .......you get my drift ?

So at least with this app you can fine tune all programs quickly and 1 click on any icon will mute it ;)

So pic is server room run offline so no pause when using task-bar with Full screen windowed mode, I can watch utube or movie on top of running sessions, few seconds to re-adjust audio levels for any situation ( Chrome icon is YouTube )

fsw-ear-trumpet.jpg

The other thing even if there is a app would do it you would not want it disabling everything every-time would you ? So would need manual adjustment anyway
I'm sorry, but I'm really not sure what you're trying to say or why you're still going on about Ear Trumpet. But you seem to be somehow concerned about varying game volume, so if constant game volume is what you're after (though I don't understand why someone would want that), you should be able to achieve that using VST compressor in your audio chain as well.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back