Team principals have voted for the best driver of the season

Obviously Vettel came out on top after a very good season, the first man since Hamilton 2008 to win the championship and be nominated by the team bosses as the best driver of 2011.

1. Vettel
2. Button
3. Alonso
4. Hamilton
5. Rosberg
6. Webber
7. Di Resta
8. Sutil
9. Kovalainen
10. Schumacher

Alonso won it last year i believe. Also interesting to see how far down Webber is.

Kubica in a red car.......not likely lots of new talent in line before him. HE needs to prove he can even drive again...He is very lucky the team is still talking to him. Webber deserves a higher ranking....but his mouth hurt him this year...it sucks to get beat but man what a team to drive for....what some drivers would do just try the car.........

That´s also an interesting subject. Vettel with the EBD has managed the feature way better then Webber and extracted the most time out of it.

In Silverstone where it was banned i believe Webber was the quicker man at the end. Something we never saw pretty much during the whole season. So it should be interesting to see if the gap will be closer between them for next year.

Maybe that extra grip suited Vettel's driving style better than Webber's. I also think there might be something like that behind Massa's performance. The ban of refueling (not as good with heavy cars and keeping tire wear low), and that the team builds the car around Alonso who has a completely different driving style. Of course they can improve it with different setup settings, but it'll be never as good as if it was built to suit his driving style.

Vettel seemed to have a much better understanding of the Pirelli tyres.
Apparently he was the only driver that went to visit Pirelli in the off-season last year to find out more about them.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 377 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%