rF2 Team Match Corvette vs GTR @ Sebring - Wednesday May 22nd 2013

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Guys, I might have to jump ship. The missus isn't well and even tho she's far away i'd rather be in Skype with her than not knowing how she is. Although I might play something whilst talking to her I'd rather do so in front of my PC than without being able to talk to her whilst playing rF2.

I hope you can accept my apologies and understand that this is important to me. I'm sorry for the short notice.

Tom

hope your missus get better soon!

Definetly fun race!:thumbsup:
Made a slow start, but almost everyone did it seemed, went well in the first corner, no contacts and was 5th I guess after the third corner. As I didn't do any practice my goal was to just do my laps and stay on track, and than see where I ended. So in first instance everyone was passing me with the GTR's, but at a moment I was driving against Miroslav, who was way quicker than me in qualy, so I was quite surprised I could keep up with him. During the race I realized he was just saving his tyres, and it showed as he drove away from me in the second part of the race

well done stefan. not sure what happened to matt or calum. fun race. like in real life, i was racing the tyres. sadly i had to pit. i should have gone for the completely conservative tactic of making them last the whole race. i will work on it - adds a whole new dimension. well done to calum who had good pace in the nissan and got front row on grid.cheers all!:thumbsup:

That is one of the reasons I like Rfactor2 so much:)

Race Sebring.png

i think i will practise this race offline without a pitstop and try coasting to save tyres. it's opened up a pleasant can of worms lol i will see if i can beat my overall race time.

Whauw what a race that was. I am very happy with my performance. :)

I qualified as 3rd and my start was not bad and could slip into 2nd. In the second corner I almost span out and went wide on the grass and could keep the car out of the wall and waited till everyone hasd passed to get back save on track and started well back.
I knew I had to look after my tires a lot and drove my laps steady and took the corners slower than I could and braked earlier too. The tire management went well and gained spot after spot. When I was in 3rd I kept on gaining time on Matt and Calum. I think they were more pushing than I was and asked more on the tires than I did. When I was closing the gap to Matt from 15 seconds till +/- 7 seconds his tires were shot and understeered into the bugged 1st corner curbstones. When I came around the corner the parts were over the track.
Next target... Calum, I gained more and more time on him and I knew I was going to catch him, but when the gap was 4~5 seconds he disapeared in front of me. :( I was really looking forward to have a battle with him.
The only thing I was aiming for was drive consistent lap times and if I had a little rubber left try to beat Calum's fastest lap till that moment. I was able to do both. :)

In the final lap I was pushing my car to get the last out of the tires and in the final corner I was hopelessly understeering into the barriers, so with major suspension problems came to the finish! :) It was a great victory! Too bad I was not able to battle with Calum and Matt though.

Thanx guys :thumbsup: and hopefully see you the next round! :)

Results of the teambattle. As Matt didn't had a teammate I took the avarage laps the Corvettes did, which is 20 laps.
1. Stefan Woudenberg & Ian Franssen 40 laps
2. Jordy Bonnet & Miroslav Davidovic 35 laps
3. Calum McLure & Andrew Ford 28 laps
4. Matt Horst & (avarage Corvettes) 25 laps

Hate reading the forums regarding these wednesday races! Everyone seems to have so much fun but is impossible for me to race during the week. Any chance of having these races a friday, saturday or sunday?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back