Team fortress 2

Now THAT is a good idea!!! :becky:
Hehehe, I haven't even played it that much but I really like it, it's mindless fun! I prefer to play the soldier, but I also like the spy a lot!

Could be fun to have a RD TF2 event sometimes, everybody with headsets on and blowing each other to pieces! :cool::thumb:

Ive got TF2 aint played it that much though. Used to play a lotta Team Fortress Classic.
And TF2 is so different not what i expected but its fun to play.

Id be up for a bit of fps mayhem

Hmm guys, i just see now for the first time that this game is automaticly as a dedi server in steam..

Shall i open a server for it to test it?

RCON password allows remote admin of server from within the game client or third party tools.

You will also need a sever.cfg to set the server up I have one i could post if you want.

Running the server from the cmd line is a better option too as it uses less system resource with no gui to display

I take it this is a windows server any error message?

To be honest ive never used the dedi server that you install from steam ive always used the hldsupdatetool, and installed the server in its own folder. I dont have the steam client on my server.

Could meet on TS if its easier rather than posting.

just create a directory give everyone full control, put the tool in the directory.

hldsupdatetool -command update -game tf -dir .

From the command line in the server dir.
with the dot would install tf2 to the current directory

Server config file attached just remove the .txt ext and drop in

serverroot\orangebox\tf\cfg

Its fully commented so the options are easy to understand

Attachments

• server.cfg.txt
    4.6 KB · Views: 415
Id be up for some TF but we need a server and i dont really fancy just hitting a public server to be honest. I can run a server but the adsl conn is only 1.3 meg up so numbers would be limited. It would also not be running all the time only when in use.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 360 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 501 39.0%