flyer_team.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: Team Event
Track: Spa Francorchamps GP
Conditions: 15.00 In-game race time
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min
Race: 10 laps (See Note 4 below)
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Porsche 914 skinpack will be used Download if needed.

Team Event Rules:
1. Teams consisting of 2 drivers will be allocated at random, on or before the day of the event.
2. Drivers must sign up before the event takes place to be allocated a team at random. Drivers who arrive not signed up before the teams are created out of the signed up drivers will complete the rest of the teams in the order whihc they arrive.
3. Each team will be allocated a skin to use for each car in the sign up thread. These skins must be used by that team. The skin choice is not open for debate.
4. Drivers will alternate the cars in the two races.
Race 1 - Driver 1 = Elan, Driver 2 = Porsche
Race 2 - Driver 1 = Porsche, Driver 2 = Elan
5. In the event of an odd number of participants, one team will have 3 members allocated, and the best 2 scores per race will count in the event totals for that team. Driver 3 should mirror Driver 1 in car usage (Race 1= Elan, Race 2= Porsche)

Entrylist:
  1. Stuart Thomson
  2. Kris Leeten
  3. Warren Dawes
  4. Hans Sneep
  5. Matt Crouch
  6. Tim Ling
  7. Sam J Simpson (wild horses required :D)
  8. Bert Van Waes
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
  26. Driver
  27. Driver
  28. Driver
  29. Driver
Teams will be announced in this section

Code:
            Driver1            Driver2           Porsche #        Elan #
Team 1 -    Stuart Thomson     Bert Van Waes      872              605
Team 2 -    Tim Ling           Matt Crouch        874              620
Team 3 -    Kris Leeten        Sam J Simpson      875              623
Team 4 -    Warren Dawes       Hans Sneep         878              621
Team 5 -                                          876              601
Team 6 -                                          880              602
Team 7 -                                          879              610
Team 8 -                                          873              652

(additional teams will be added if required)

The Spreadsheet and random number generator (re-calculated 7 times as per Tim's post) attached below.

Attachments

• rand.jpg
    rand.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 245
Because then it gets too competetive and cliquey and totally against the RD GTL ethos of gentlemanly and corteous competition. This is for fun, and the random factor just keeps it interesting and fresh.

Random teams is the only way this will work in a Club setting, and it is the only way I will run these sort of events.

If the above doesn't work for you, and you don't want to be paired with a random name from the GTL Club, then I would have to suggest you give this event a miss, which would be a shame.

Because then it gets too competetive and cliquey and totally against the RD GTL ethos of gentlemanly and corteous competition. This is for fun, and the random factor just keeps it interesting and fresh.

Random teams is the only way this will work in a Club setting, and it is the only way I will run these sort of events.

If the above doesn't work for you, and you don't want to be paired with a random name from the GTL Club, then I would have to suggest you give this event a miss, which would be a shame.
hey there all i said is that teammates is a great idea. i was just wondering why it's not possible to choose my teamate. i get your point no need to be agressive mate. :)

I honestly wasn't being aggressive, I tried several iterations of the above and all sounded snotty, and that was the least snotty of all of them.

I was trying to get across the pitfalls of people picking and choosing teammates, why I wasn't in favour of it, and trying to say that this is the way it would be run. I tried, and clearly failed, to be as anodyne as possible.

My final point was that I understood that these are new rules & regs for this type of event, and that I also understood if you wanted to miss out if the rules were not to your liking.

All - please re-download the 914 skinpack - I've made a few changes, including packing it in the same style as the SprintPack.

This has resulted in a pack size reduction, and I can hardly believe this myself, from 28Mb to 4Mb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 253 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 244 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%