TCR standing start procedure help

Lately I have been enjoying doing quick 15 minutes offline races with the WTCR 2019 cars and I find them lots of fun. I had been doing fast rolling starts but for authenticity sake I switched to standing starts but I find it real hard to get a good jump off the line...

What is the optimal procedure for a good standing start in these front wheel drive cars?

I usually rev up to around 70% and hold the clutch fully down and select first gear... wait for the lights and then release the clutch slowly as i go to 100% throttle as soon as I feel traction.. but then i get lots of wheel spin.. so release the throttle and lose all momentum.. get bogged down and mess up the start.

Should I hold the clutch at around 20% or something for longer? Should i start with less throttle and dont give it full gas until i have enough speed?

help please!:D

To expand slightly on Majuh's rather brief response, the WTCR cars use launch control in both real life and in R3E. A control for this isn't mapped by default, so go into your controls and map it to a button on your wheel.

On the grid, you press and hold the button and just put the pedal to the metal. As soon as the lights go out, release the button and your car will launch itself. No need to control the throttle (just continue flooring it) OR change gear... the system will do all that for you at the optimum times. And that's all there is to it.

The system remains in control until you release the throttle or touch the brake. At that point you drive normally.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 142 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%