TCOne - the official online WTCC Series RD team

I absolutely love the new WTCC 15 cars and have decided to sign up for this series, Ive also noticed a few guys from RD have signed up as well and was curious if any of you would be interested in entering a Race Department team ?
I believe to enter a team you must have a min 4 drivers and 2 cars but could be mistaken.
The following link contains all the info.
https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?forums/tcone-the-official-online-wtcc-series.111/

Sorry if this breaks any forum rules, please delete if i did. My intentions are to represent a RD team and hopefully get some attention that could draw some more new drivers to this amazing community!

Cheers

I really like driving the WTCC cars and this looks pretty interesting... from a spectator's point-of-view in my case - I'm far too slow for this: 64 drivers max and I'm currently sitting 320th (that'll drop further) in the current WTCC Hotlap Championship.

So unless this expands to incorporate the slow drivers :laugh:, I'll be watching the stream - go RD!!

I hope RD does get a team together - it's a pity about the lack of liveries in R3E - would be great to watch an RD-liveried team competing in this.

Best of luck with it!

I really like driving the WTCC cars and this looks pretty interesting... from a spectator's point-of-view in my case - I'm far too slow for this: 64 drivers max and I'm currently sitting 320th (that'll drop further) in the current WTCC Hotlap Championship.

So unless this expands to incorporate the slow drivers :laugh:, I'll be watching the stream - go RD!!

I hope RD does get a team together - it's a pity about the lack of liveries in R3E - would be great to watch an RD-liveried team competing in this.

Best of luck with it!
I believe those are 2 completely different competitions all together.
The TCONE is a league with up to 64 drivers based on first come first serve sign up bases just like RD does, the qualification hotlap is to decide who will be in server 1 and server 2 so your racing against others of similar talent.

I wish you the best of luck, @Kurupt CDN ! Times don't suit me, will be away for race 1 to Formula E, then there is a race on Le Mans weekend (why is that) etc.
I think I would miss too many events while attending real life racing.
Funny, official WTCC series and not running Buritam and the likes...

I believe those are 2 completely different competitions all together.
The TCONE is a league with up to 64 drivers based on first come first serve sign up bases just like RD does, the qualification hotlap is to decide who will be in server 1 and server 2 so your racing against others of similar talent.
It's not "First-come, first-served"; you will need to place within the top 64 in the upcoming pre-qualification competition in order to secure a spot on the grid.

It's not "First-come, first-served"; you will need to place within the top 64 in the upcoming pre-qualification competition in order to secure a spot on the grid.
Yes, that's how I read it as well (hence mentioning the top/fastest 64 drivers). This is from the Essential Info post on the series:
Each section of the 32 drivers will be placed in order of their prequalification into each server for round one. Any driver who qualifies outside the size of the servers allocated (64), or does not set a time, will be placed on the reserve list to take the place of any driver who is absent for any reason.

Which, to me, means that you should get at least one race, i.e. the pre-qualification race.

However, if your time in that pre-qualification race puts you outside of the 64 fastest times on the leaderboard, then you'll be put on the reserve list, i.e. no more races in that competition unless someone in that top 64 drops out (and then I imagine it'll be the 65th fastest driver that gets first option).

That's my understanding of the info available anyway...

(Oh nearly forgot, yes, the WTCC Hotlap Championship I quoted is indeed an entirely different and unrelated competition - I was just using it to illustrate my point of me being slow - there are now 347 faster drivers on that board, so if all of those drivers were to enter the TCOne competition, I would expect to be sitting waaaaaay down the list and certainly not anywhere near the top 64!).

Last edited:
Pre-qualifying will actually be run over 3 days from the 13th to 15th of may utilising an official Raceroom leaderboard, track for prequalifying is yet to be announced, I can only assume it won't get rolled out until just before the 13th.

Good luck to all who enter, I was keen but decided against it as I want to stick with RD leagues for a bit.

Pre-qualifying will actually be run over 3 days from the 13th to 15th of may utilising an official Raceroom leaderboard

Ah, yes - forgot about that. So, you could run the pre-qualification as many times as you want (within those 3 days), so you could well have more than just the one race!

In all due honesty, I wish I could drive this league.

But I got commitments with RD that conflict directly with TCOne, that won't let me bring Raptor Engineering Racing to R3E yet. And I intend to stay commited to RD, no matter what.

To be perfectly fair I believe I got a pace to make AT least server #2, maybe a last spot on server #1.

In all due honesty, I wish I could drive this league.

But I got commitments with RD that conflict directly with TCOne, that won't let me bring Raptor Engineering Racing to R3E yet. And I intend to stay commited to RD, no matter what.

To be perfectly fair I believe I got a pace to make AT least server #2, maybe a last spot on server #1.

If it was 2014 wtcc I think I would be more keen, but the 15s just seem that little bit trickier, even the setup seems a bit more complex lol

Falls on the same weekend as indycar doesn't it? Now that's a tough car to drive!

If it was 2014 wtcc I think I would be more keen, but the 15s just seem that little bit trickier, even the setup seems a bit more complex lol

Falls on the same weekend as indycar doesn't it? Now that's a tough car to drive!
Precisely, well the 15s' are indeed a bit trickier, but once you get around it, the car is just outstanding to drive.

And yes, my commitment is in the Indycar league, as said I intend to stay there commited and stuff. It does conflict with TCOne making me available to race only 2 races in the league calendar.

I am completely confused by this so I messaged Ryan to confirm.
I understand what guys mean and I should have worded my first come first serve a little beeter to...based on sign ups if there's more than 64 sign ups it's based on the top 64 and the rest are put on the reserve.
I just thought it was weird having sign ups and team entries if there's no guarantee you'll even race....to use to RD league sign ups :)

I just thought it was weird having sign ups and team entries if there's no guarantee you'll even race
Yeah, you're right - it does seem like that could be a lot of effort for... well, nothing (outside of each team driver driving by themselves in order to post a time on the leaderboard for the competition [and that's *if* the leaderboard registers the times... leaderboards are still causing me and quite a few others problems...]).

I got clarification from Ryan in an email..

Combine the two :D.

The top 64 from prequalifying are qualified for the first race (provided all 64 have signed up, unlikely) with anyone signed up outside the top 64 placed on a reserve list to fill in in case of absence, which is likely in such a big field. Plus you often get significant dropouts as the season progresses.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back