TCL - Touring Masters BETA 1.5 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the last couple of months I have been working behind the scenes pruning, tweaking and refining the excellent Touring Car Legends mod into a league suitable multi-car mod with full permission from the original creators. The mod does not conflict in any way with existing TCL installs.

Some of the changes:

• Brand new real sounds by Mirko Niemann and Domagoj Lovric (original mod used default rFactor sounds)
  • Performance adjustments
  • Elimination of any rFm or case-sensitive possible CTDs
  • 635 bug fix
  • Download size reduced by 75%
  • Easier in-game menu for car selection
  • 8 skins per car
  • 11 car models only
  • Upgrades now found as standard (gearboxes for M3 and 190E)
  • H-shifter upgrade added
  • File paths corrected
  • Menu music
  • Changed menu background
  • Loading screen
  • Intro video
  • More ambient sounds
  • More I have forgotten :D

Cars included in the mod and rough classification of attributes:

'Light' Cars:
Alfa Romeo 75 Turbo
BMW M3 E30
Mercedes 190E

'Balanced' Cars:
BMW 635CSi
Rover SD1 Vitesse
Volvo 240 Turbo
Ford Sierra RS500
Toyota Supra Turbo

'Power' Cars:
Holden Commodore VK
Ford Mustang GT
Nissan Skyline GT-R HR31

The mod will be tested in the Racing Club to test performance equality mainly, all cars in this mod will be available to select during these events.

IMPORTANT - before installing BETA 1.5 (if you have BETA 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 or 1.4) you MUST delete the folder rFactor\GameData\Vehicles\RD TCL. Failure do so will result in issues.

[link removed temporarily]

There shouldn't be any problems - just have a nosey in the .veh files to make sure. You may not get your wheels to show up correctly if you are wanting wheels different to the ones on show in the mod, as I removed the unnecessary GMTs.

Hello Ryan,

Thanks for the mod, I really like this one (as I liked the orginal one, but it was too complicated to install and had some ctd issues etc. so it couldn't be used in a league.) I quickly read the whole thread and didn't find anybody reporting this: I am wondering if you could add a realfeel plugin upgrade. Like this:

Code:
HDV=[CONTROLS]
HDV=SteeringFFBMult=0.0
I tried it and it worked fine for the Volvo atleast.

Yeah and one of the drivers from our league reported that all the Mercedes cars looks like this: http://rulla.kuvaboxi.fi/mediaobjects/pub/2010/03/30/8143010478559048518web_0.jpg

No orginal TCL mod installed. No idea which DX-level he is running with.

EDIT: And this one came in my mind: Now the delay when shifting up with paddles is 0.23 secs which is too long time compared to what shifter can do. With G25 shifter, if you are very fast with shifting, you can do it in less than 0.07 secs, but average shifting time would be around 0.10. With ACT-Labs shifter you can do it in about 0.15 which we have been using for paddle delay in our league. Yep, it's only 0.08 secs faster but it can help you doing even 0,5 secs faster lap times.

Hi Aleksi!

IMO, i think adding upgrade would confuse people. We all know original TCL mod (and this one too) doesn't work very well with real feel.
But you CAN have what you are asking for.

Find the
Code:
FFB steer force output max="0.00000"
line in your controller.ini file and set it to 0.0

There is your ZERO default - pure real feel only force feedback. I've done so for Caterham mod, wich also doesn't have car menu upgrade. Simple & effective soultion.

Thanks for that Dom - my thoughts exactly.

The Mercedes problem is not one I've seen before - perhaps a re-install or redownload would be useful. The skins/models still work fine in DX7.

Thanks for the info on the upshift delays - I'll have a closer look into it.

You are correct Aleksi - we thought we had it solved, but we were wrong, so disappointing aaargh. Run out of ideas :(

It will have to be left out.

Don't know if this is helpful or will make it more confusing, BUT:

I was involved in a TCL event at another community, using the normal TCL but basically the same group of cars. The same problem occurred, game crashing for some when others left the server. No one was using the BMW 635 at the time. They then reported from another event a few days later, that the same problem was occurring again, so I asked if anyone was using the BMW 635. The answer was no.
So are we absolutely sure that this problem is only caused by the BMW?

Ryan, I'm not sure if this helps but it is food for thought. In the original TCL mod the only class that constantly crashed was the WTCC 1987. Now I'm speaking of offline only but I'm sure the same thing happened online as well because I read complaints about that happening. But when leaving the track the game would crash. Now the 635 was present in the WTCC 1987 class but was also present in other classes that did not crash the game. Isn't it possible that the 635 is conflicting with another car?

On another note I see everyone here uses their proper first and last name. If an admin or moderator would like to change my name to Jerry Schwanebeck, go right ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 88 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 62 6.7%