TCL - Touring Masters BETA 1.5 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the last couple of months I have been working behind the scenes pruning, tweaking and refining the excellent Touring Car Legends mod into a league suitable multi-car mod with full permission from the original creators. The mod does not conflict in any way with existing TCL installs.

Some of the changes:

• Brand new real sounds by Mirko Niemann and Domagoj Lovric (original mod used default rFactor sounds)
  • Performance adjustments
  • Elimination of any rFm or case-sensitive possible CTDs
  • 635 bug fix
  • Download size reduced by 75%
  • Easier in-game menu for car selection
  • 8 skins per car
  • 11 car models only
  • Upgrades now found as standard (gearboxes for M3 and 190E)
  • H-shifter upgrade added
  • File paths corrected
  • Menu music
  • Changed menu background
  • Loading screen
  • Intro video
  • More ambient sounds
  • More I have forgotten :D

Cars included in the mod and rough classification of attributes:

'Light' Cars:
Alfa Romeo 75 Turbo
BMW M3 E30
Mercedes 190E

'Balanced' Cars:
BMW 635CSi
Rover SD1 Vitesse
Volvo 240 Turbo
Ford Sierra RS500
Toyota Supra Turbo

'Power' Cars:
Holden Commodore VK
Ford Mustang GT
Nissan Skyline GT-R HR31

The mod will be tested in the Racing Club to test performance equality mainly, all cars in this mod will be available to select during these events.

IMPORTANT - before installing BETA 1.5 (if you have BETA 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 or 1.4) you MUST delete the folder rFactor\GameData\Vehicles\RD TCL. Failure do so will result in issues.

[link removed temporarily]

Having said that the full TCL mod has had problems before when we were not using the 635 - so I'm not even sure that is the problem.

Myself I have had not a single crash since I restructured the rFm.

Full permissions will have to be sought to run this mod in a league external to RD of course :)

We have run 4x2 races now - not a single problem (feels like some kind of a luxury for many of the participants, normally racing GTR2/P&G ;) ). But in an effort to get an as even field as possible (without modding the files), we don't use all of the TCL-cars.

About the 635-bug - we've only experienced problems when someone logs out, not logging in - pretty sure (well almost :) ) of that.

And we will of course seek permissions if we decide to use your mod!

I used the 635 yesterday and had no problems. I was also unaware of anyone dropping out when I joined, maybe it happened but wasn't aware of any problems. Others also used the 635 in that event, and I didn't notice problems. It seems pretty strange.

TCL - Touring Masters Beta 1.3 is released. I have decided against a patch this time, as it will get messy with those moving from 1.1 - 1.3 etc etc. So you will have to download the full version and overwrite.

Changes in this 1.3 release:

Adjusted all sfx files
New sounds for 635CSi (thanks to Domagoj Lovric)
Adjusted all startup times in engine files
Added H-shifter upgrade (thanks to Tobias for the tip)
Drag co-efficients adjusted

DOWNLOAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%