Servername: RACEDEPT.COM TEAM
Class: Lotus Cortina / Toyota Corolla & Abarth 1000TCR / NSU TT
Track: Laguna Seca
Conditions: 16.00 GMT race time
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min
Race: 16 laps
Notes:
1. Click here to read the password and golden rules!
2. Teams will consist of 2 drivers
3. Teams will be randomly selected from the sign up list. Please do NOT ask if you can choose your own team mate.
4. Driver will be allocated as "Driver1" & "Driver2" within the Team.
5. In Race1, Driver 1 will driver either the Cortina or the Corolla, Driver 2 will drive either the Abarth TCR or the NSU TT.
6. In Race2, Driver 1 will driver either the Abarth TCR or the NSU TT, Driver 2 will drive either the Cortina or the Corolla.
7. Driver 1 & Driver 2 are NOT obligated to drive the same cars as each other in the 2 races. So, within a team, Driver 1 could race the Corolla & the Abarth, Driver 2 could race the NSU & the Cortina.
8. If you are driving the same car in either race, you should use the same livery.
9. Once I announce the teams - probably on the Monday before the event (so people can have a chat), I would like one of the team representative to nominate all the liveries they will be using on the night. Liveries will be on a first come first served basis, and no team may duplicate. Where possible, pls try and keep the liveries in similar colours for ease of identification. As last time, I will put up team pictures with the liveries for reference.
10. Scoring will be done the same as the previous Team event

P1 = 1 point, P2 = 2, P3 = 3 etc.

The team scoring the lowest aggregate points across the 2 races wins.

This was put up this far in advance so I can do the required admin, so people (hopefully) have enough time to consult within their teams a little if they want to.

Team Entrylist:
Team1
Driver1 - Sam J Simpson
Driver2 - Carlos Diaz
Cortina #901
Abarth TCR #16

Team2
Driver1 - Knut Omdal Tveito
Driver2 - Tom Wilson
Cortina #961
NSU #302
Arbath TCR #267
Corolla #16

Team3
Driver1 - Kris Leeten
Driver2 - Hans Sneep
NSU TT #508
Abarth TCR #33
Corolla #82
Cortina #911

Team4
Driver1 - Stuart Thomson
Driver2 - Amir Margalit
Cortina #902
NSU TT #168
Corolla #400

Team5
Driver1 - Lee Madden
Driver2 - Ben Tusting
Cortina #955
NSU TT #71

Can I just remind you to sign up early for this event if you are going to participate, please, so I can do the team draw ahead of time, on Monday afternoon.

Anyone signing up after then (and whoever is left over by the random selection process if we have an odd number on Monday afternoon) will go into a draw done on Thursday, so you won't get any time to co-ordinate with your team mate.

It pays to get in early.

Withdraw me please - I don't fancy another night of disconnects on one of my only two nights a week I get free.
ryan you were not the only one having problems last night in the league race. sometimes things like that happen and i learned to accept it .it never made me withdraw from other events . as sam wrote in another post the races in the club events are not always for the win. first of all it is for fun and sometimes bad things happen. nobody is guilty of that. i am sorry you withdrew from this event and hope to see you around in other races.

Please read the Notes again - I've added a few clarifications

Stuart can you explain note 8,If you are driving the "same" car in either race, you should use the same livery.

If I read the setup for the 2 races it is impossible to race the same car twice?

On second thought, if I drive Abarth#33 an my team mate will drive the Abarth in race 2 ,
he use the #33?

Hans

ryan you were not the only one having problems last night in the league race. sometimes things like that happen and i learned to accept it .it never made me withdraw from other events . as sam wrote in another post the races in the club events are not always for the win. first of all it is for fun and sometimes bad things happen. nobody is guilty of that. i am sorry you withdrew from this event and hope to see you around in other races.
Thanks Amir.

I realise I wasn't the only one having connections but when you get what is actually one night every two weeks free (when you factor in work, my rF events and the RDHGP), I don't want it to go to waste. My post was in frustration at my own pissy connection and in no way trying to blame anybody (I don't, aside from my landlord), but my point and decision remains.

When you practice for an event for a week, get there and see you are the fastest by quite a margin (it would have been an almost certain win, my race pace was fantastic too), are delighted by that and then have that delight taken away by things out of your control, not once but twice, you can see where the frustration sets in. I worked damn hard for it and knowing that Le Mans will be a wash-out for me, it made it doubly worse, because I have a real chance of winning the RDHGP. Peter D retiring softened the blow but you can look at it as a missed opportunity also, with Peter G and Piotr scoring well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 191 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%