The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyertc65.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPT.COM TC65
Class: TC65 Falcon vs. Abarth TCR (mod)
Track: Interlagos
Event Start: 20.00 GMT
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min (1 timed lap only)
Race: 2 x 12 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: You must choose a different car for each race. The order you use the cars does not matter.

Race1) It's no secret that I LOVE the little TCR, it's just a gem really. I had a lot of fun with Eck for about half the race, but then I broke a little abruptly and he had no choice but to slightly tap me. I think my erratic, inconsistent driving must have scared him off a bit lol, cuz it seams as if he was keeping his distance from me on purpose after the incident. Sorry Eck! I am still learning the ropes here lol.

LOL, I took the blame for that, so don't worry about it. And, I simply couldn't get back again. Even though I did low 56's n even a (high, really a 56, all but a blip) 55 trying.
Never the less, I'd only just got the mod tonight. Not something I'd normally look at. I much prefer the Gr.5 CSL turbo, 935 or 934, maybe even a little E21 thrown in there for good measure... lol.

The racing was ace tonight, in all company.
Like Tom in race 2, showing us why barge captains don't like pleasure boats. Or Stu being a big nasty man, to the poor defenseless bumble bee. All the same incidence.. lol. Great racing, in great company...
Now, if only TS3 didn't steal all my sounds. Even though the game and ts, are using different soundcards.

Thanks Stu and RD.

Wow, what a barrel of laughs this event turned out to be, huge fun. :cool:
Never before have I seen so many tiny Abarths stick it up a fleet of Falcons. And what a contrast between the two cars. The Abarth was an absolute pleasure to drive, nippy and precise handling, and the Falcon, well it was the Falcon, :tongue: .

I managed to pull off my old trick of forgetting to put the car in gear for start 1, sitting there revving away in neutral, sorry to those behind. Do I get the award yet for "RD Worst Starter" ? Great fun working my way through the field in the Abarth, if you couldn't get through the inside of a tight turn, you just went around the outside, what a ball.
Race 2 was damned hard work by comparison, this time having the Abarth's dancing past at their will, almost. :wink: Great finish as three Falcons and Tom's Abarth all charged up the final straight to the line, as I finished almost side by side with Eck (or was that Stuart ? we all looked the same ).

Thanks guys, we were all having a laugh or two on TS as well. Thanks to Sam for his nice setup's too.

I was actually unsure if I should sign up for this as I had some bad memories of the TCR. But thanks to Sam's setup(it really transformed this car) and a lovely track I had a great time. A little quiet race1 but a great driving experience.

For a while I had some fun with Tom in race2, driving the Falcon. I almost couldnt see you, just heard a buzzing sound:) The tank was lots of fun round here too. Always fun with some V8 action. I think I managed to get the tire wear up to 16--> success:) This car is made for drifting!

Thanks Stuart, RD and all racers for another great event

I had fun last night, even though I only did race one in the barge, was really looking forward to the Abarth in race 2 but I was totalled after race 1 so ended up watching the shennanigans with Eck, Stu, Warren et al, absolutely wonderful to see such close, fair racing, thanks guuys.

Sam

I much prefer the Gr.5 CSL turbo, 935 or 934, maybe even a little E21 thrown in there for good measure... lol.

AND

Now, if only TS3 didn't steal all my sounds. Even though the game and ts, are using different soundcards.

I haven't tried these yet.

Stu, have you tried these? You think any of them are good additions to the club? I would love to drive an E21.

Eck, you're saying you had no sound from GTL, only TS?

Only problem with racing in extremely fast cars is that it might cause some chaos hehe, A lot of us have trouble driving such powerful cars consistently well.

OK, maybe I should speak just for myself, "I" might have trouble driving those beasts consistently well lol.

yes, it's shame we newer race real monsters like Capri 3100, Pantera, BMW E21 or Porsche 935 :tongue:

To be fair, we certainly have had events in the power machines (Pantera, GT40, Cobra's, etc ), maybe not as often as some of the other cars, but that is because we always have much closer and more fun races in the smaller cars. The ones in the power machines inevitably end up lonely affairs with the field well spread out, or crashed out, and tend not to be as much fun.
I always enjoy the occasional race in the power machines, just trying to keep it under control, but I think the Racing Club events are best when we all get closer / clean racing and those great close finishes.

What if we all drive the same beast? Would that help make it closer?

I know that when we race in a mixed car field, and there's one or two cars that are significantly faster than the rest, then the seperation between us is even worse.

What if we all drive the same beast? Would that help make it closer?

I know that when we race in a mixed car field, and there's one or two cars that are significantly faster than the rest, then the separation between us is even worse.
It's the only thing I don't like about races here that we all don't use the same cars in one race. In historic cars there is usually so big performance difference even in one class which means very little real competition in races.

It's the only thing I don't like about races here that we all don't use the same cars in one race. In historic cars there is usually so big performance difference even in one class which means very little real competition in races.

You're in luck Piotr, 3 races with everyone driving the same cars coming up. The one with Knut's car and then we have an event with two different Lotuses.

Check here...
http://www.racedepartment.com/racing-club/30085-gtc65-lotus-monaco79-tue-16th-feb-2010-a.html

This one looks like a single car event to me.
http://www.racedepartment.com/racing-club/30085-gtc65-lotus-monaco79-tue-16th-feb-2010-a.html

So does this one:
http://www.racedepartment.com/racing-club/29836-gtc76-mod-ki-carro-defaults-tue-9th-feb-2010-a.html

From my memory (yep, I'm getting old now), we have had plenty of races with equal or very well matched cars.

I actually enjoy the mixture of events that Stu is organising, sometimes it results in great fun with different cars battling each other closely. I often get to race closely with different drivers each race, sometimes near the front, sometimes down the back, but I have fun doing just that. Isn't that what the Racing Club is designed for? For those who enjoy dominating races up front with lonely wins, we have the Leagues for that.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back